Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 01:36 PM   #1  
Isn't he cute?

S/C/G: 258.8/231.0/???

Height: 5ft 2in

Smile Need help, support, guidance, friendship through this journey.

So here I am and I don't really know where to start. I have been big my whole adult life it seems like and I have been on several diets. I got pregnant with my first child and had to stop WW, 3 months after he was born I rejoined. I go with my mom and we both had success for a while then recently we have hit a slump. I was down 31lbs this time around and I can't seem to lose anymore. I have gained a few pounds back and I'm having a hard time staying motivated to keep the weight loss coming. I did great this past week and lost 1.4lbs at yesterday's weigh in. It's odd because I have lost a good amount of weight but I feel so down on myself because I have been at this standstill for so long now. It seems like I haven't lost anything...

I am really motivated to get walking once the weather is nice but recently it's been cold, rainy and windy. So, I have been sitting on my rear watching tv.

I'm looking for a friend, someone like me who needs someone else to be accountable to. Someone to share all this junk with and share the successes with.

If my story relates to you I'd love to hear from you...
Old 03-21-2007, 09:43 PM   #2  
banned

welcome kimi!

im hoping to jump on the wagon in a few dsays so id be happy to be your budddy if you like
Old 03-26-2007, 12:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 210/210/140

Height: 5'6"

I'm here for you! I need some "buddies" also. I posted on a thread started by andreaphilip3 (thank you!) that I rejoined last Weds. with more weight to lose than ever before so I, too, need all the motivation, support, etc. that anyone wants to give.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:17 PM   #4  
banned

hi dawn! i just now realized thats your name.... i called allision on the other thread. so confusing....the other girl is ali too

i have about 57 lbs to losae and its been bout 15 yrs or so since ive been this heavy.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:44 PM   #5  

Morning, Kimi & Andrea.

I haven't paid much attention to how many pounds I need to lose. Just trying to get back on a program and concentrate on actually DOING IT. That being said, are you both on a program? I decided on Flex as it seems so much easier to me.

Shall we give ourselves a challenge? Would that help do you think?

Did either of you see the part of Good Morning America this morning where they were talking about employers rewarding employees for losing weight? There was some great ideas for non-food rewards mentioned. How about "A Purse for Pounds"? For a loss of like, say, 10#'s they gals got a choice of a purse, likewaise, the more pounds they lost the better the purse. Or another company was giving the employees $4 for each pound lost.

Well, I've babbled at you enough for this morning. I'm open to any/all ideas, suggestions or complaints ( ) so "lay it on me."

WE CAN DO THIS!
Old 03-27-2007, 01:18 PM   #6  
Isn't he cute?

S/C/G: 258.8/231.0/???

Height: 5ft 2in

Default Thank you guys!

Thank you so much for responding! I was getting a little worried there that I was going to be alone!

I think non-food rewards are great! I have been trying to think of those myself. Here are a few ideas (may sound dumb but...) I like wearing flip flops/sandals in the summer, I always buy cheap ones, I was thinking that buying a cute pair of them after 5lbs? I was also thinking a cute pair of earrings or a necklace. I always see women wearing cute jewelry and I never splurge on myself... I should though. I have no problem spening money on a good meal... I should just buy nice stuff for myself!

I weigh in on Tuesdays so I'm a little nervous. I did great until this past weekend then I had a few horrible days. I ate so bad one night I was sick to my stomach! When will I learn???

I do flex also... I like it, I can do it I'm just trying to stay motivated. I've been trying to take my little one to the park on nights it is nice out. Hopefully that mile walk to the park will start to pay off!

Kim
Old 03-27-2007, 01:37 PM   #7  
banned

mornin dawn and kimi!

kimi your definitely not alone! and i dont thinkbuying yourself well earned cute sandals is dumb at all...go for it! good luck at wi tomm! we all have bad days we just cant let ourselves turn them into bad weeks, etc.

hi allie! i dsidnt see it but thats a neat idea! i love movies so i was thinking 1 dvd per 5 lbs.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:40 PM   #8  
banned

im on core
Old 03-27-2007, 09:54 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 217/208/155

Height: 5.8

Default Kimi/Slow Progress

I started WW 3 wks ago and skipped weigh in last week because I too had a few bad days. I was very upset with myself and had a real hard time getting back on the wagon.

Exercise helps alot. I do 30 min on the elliptical runner every morning. If I get off track its hard to get back on track but I have been looking at the changes in me this past three months or so and even though Im only down 7 lbs in 3 wks my eating patterns have changed immensely and thats where the progress lies.

My binges used to be absolutely uncontrollable. I used to cruise thru McD's and get a biggie sized meal, plus McNuggets and cookies. Then I would cruise on by the gas station for twinkies, chips, dip, anything and everything I could get into my mouth. I did this sometimes for days on end. On Fridays nights I looked fwd to my binges and my isolation with anticipation only to promise that this would be my last only to start up again the next day.

This cycle went on for five years and ruled my life. I never found any relief until I started attending Overeaters Anonymous and its been a life saver. I still have days where I overeat but my worse days this past three months are no where near what they used to be and thats truly a gift from my Higher Power.

Im sorry if I sound so cliche but I am just overwhelmed with gratittude and the progress Ive made in three months, the progress on the inside. I am not consumed with thoughts of food and I am learning to be very aware of what I eat and to be patient with myself if I make a mistake. It took me five years to put this weight on, 8-9 months to get it off really isnt bad and I cant wait for the day of liberation as that is truly what it will be.

On New Years Eve I sat down and vowed to change many areas of my life. I usually give them up or have lost all hope within 1-2 days but I have been at it for three months straight. Sometimes its been slow progress or I feel there has been none at all and now I look back in wonder as I see all of the little baby steps I have taken propelling me in the direction of my dreams and not only in the area of weight loss.

Real change comes slow. Be gentle with yourself and watch your thoughts. Tell yourself good things will happen if you just concentrate only on today.

It works...

Much Love,
Zaida
Old 03-28-2007, 11:54 AM   #10  
banned

zaida: fitrst of all congrats! theres absolutely no shame in a 7 lb loss!!

second, thats awesome that youve learned to control your binging. im still learning to control mine but ive been on plan for 3 days now and thats a big deal for me.

youre an inspiration!

whats up guys?
Old 03-28-2007, 12:05 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaphilip3 View Post
zaida: fitrst of all congrats! theres absolutely no shame in a 7 lb loss!!

second, thats awesome that youve learned to control your binging. im still learning to control mine but ive been on plan for 3 days now and thats a big deal for me.

youre an inspiration!

whats up guys?
Thank you Andrea.

Great name too! That happens to be my given name. I use Zaida as a screen name.

If you ever want some inspiration for controlling bingeing theres a lot of great books out there even ones you can pick up at Barnes & Noble or Borders. I rely on them quite a bit myself.

I stepped on the scale and was down 2 lbs in one day. I was very surprised and now Im questioning why is that? Is it a fluke? See how my mind works ha ha.

I did step up my exercising level as that is the little booklet thingy they gave us for Week 3 at our WW Meeting so all I did is increase one intensity level on my elliptical.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:11 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimi78 View Post
So here I am and I don't really know where to start. I have been big my whole adult life it seems like and I have been on several diets. I got pregnant with my first child and had to stop WW, 3 months after he was born I rejoined. I go with my mom and we both had success for a while then recently we have hit a slump. I was down 31lbs this time around and I can't seem to lose anymore. I have gained a few pounds back and I'm having a hard time staying motivated to keep the weight loss coming. I did great this past week and lost 1.4lbs at yesterday's weigh in. It's odd because I have lost a good amount of weight but I feel so down on myself because I have been at this standstill for so long now. It seems like I haven't lost anything...

I am really motivated to get walking once the weather is nice but recently it's been cold, rainy and windy. So, I have been sitting on my rear watching tv.

I'm looking for a friend, someone like me who needs someone else to be accountable to. Someone to share all this junk with and share the successes with.

If my story relates to you I'd love to hear from you...
Hey Kimi,

I so relate as to the weather being bad and having a hard time exercising. I love being outdoors and winters are hard to get thru. My lifesaver has been an elliptical runner as I hate videos yet own about a million. For me the problem is my mind is bored I need to be doing something so I can watch tv while on the elliptical, catch up on the news so I wont feel Im wasting time.

We just got pounded with snow after a few wks of 60-70 degree weather!
Old 03-28-2007, 12:19 PM   #13  

This is just a general post on feeling gratitude for WW plan.

For a food junkie like me who thought I would surely die if I had to give up ANY of my binge foods, WW has been a lifesaver for me. I used to start the Atkin diet and within a day Id be on a binge. With WW I have now lost 9 lbs (still questioning that 2 lb overnight loss) all while being able to eat hamburgers, hotdogs, Girl Scout Cookies, Mc D's, Bk, Olive Garden and Red Lobster! I dont feel deprived which was my main problem.

I get a hamburger and salad instead of fries and a drink. I also only get a chili cheese dog at Weinerschnitzel. I get a great variety at restaurants. I share with my daughter and only eat half of my half. Only one breadstick but its great.

I love WW! I think its the only method that I would be able to lose and feel as if variety has not been taken from me.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:49 PM   #14  

Wow! Step away from the computer for a short while and look what happens,!

Morning, all and welcome Zaida. It sounds to me as if you have the right mind set to make this work for you this time. Keep up the good work!

Today was my WI and I was DOWN a pound! I'll take that for my 1st weeek since I was trying to figure out the plan and eat foods I already had at the house. Today is the first day of my 2nd week and I "splurged" and bought some WW brand foods to put in the fridge at work so no excuses!

My husband joined a gym yesterday and gave me a free 7 day pass so I will go at least 7x with him, lol. They have really nice treadmills there so I can do that while he does...whatever it is he does, lol.

Kimi, I think the flip-flops for weight loss is a great idea! Think of the wonderful collection of fun shoes you will have by the end of the Summer! You will be the envy of all the other ladies! Maybe get matching earrings, bracelets, or necklaces for additional weight loss. Places like Wal-Mart have inexpensive "trinkets" that you can treat yourself with. I have a pattern (somewhere, lol) that gives instructions for making your own decorated flip-flops, I think you could go online to Michaels.com and get the instructions too.
Another reward may be a pedicure to show off those tootsies in your new shoes!

Andrea, I love the idea of a movie - I love movies too and collect the "old" ones - like, Cary Grant, etc. That kind of "OLD", lol. Love Carole Lombard!

Some other rewards ideas: for every # download a song into your I-Pod,Mp3 or good old-fashioned cassette! Lol, whatever you've got.
Manicures, pedicures, massage, hair cut or color, you get the drift!
Treat yourself to a long-distance chat with an old friend with NO interruptions!
Get some wonderful cards/stationary and mail out the news of your weight loss to friends.
Start redecorating a room in your house - give yourself a gallon of paint for a 5# loss, new sheets for a 15# loss, etc.

Post any other rewards ideas you may have.

WE CAN DO THIS!
Old 03-28-2007, 01:29 PM   #15  

Default Allison, Thank You

This seems to be a great place for support and encouragement. I used to post on another board bout 4-5 mos. ago and cant find it, but found this one which Im hoping to meet some great people on this journey of self exploration.

Good job on the 1 lb! I think its great. ****, it took me about 2 mos. just trying and thinking different ways to lose weight. I blundered around for quite some time before going to WW.

I love the WW foods. I esp. love the blueberry muffins (3 pts) they are so damn yummy I cant even stand it! I dont care much for the chocolate ones. They have great ice cream too. I swear I have not felt deprived in three weeks. I have found a very good bread called 'Spelt Bread' or 'Ezekial Bread' one pt. only. They dont carry WW breads in Walmart or Albertsons here.

Its hard to plan ahead. Im not working now so I dont really have to but in a few wks I will have to start bringing at least a lights snack and lunch. Changing habits are very hard. I did start measuring out my grapes and carrots putting them into little baggies for 'grab n go'.

Ive come to the realization this past few wks that lack of planning has been one of the major obstacles for success in my life and not just in the area of food.

Im sorry my posts are so lengthy guys and I will thank you in advance for bearing with me! Since I am at home studying for the Real Estate exam I dont have alot of social contact during the day...so here I am!

I really like this idea of rewarding ourselves. I am going to do that every 10 lbs with a piece of Avon Jewelery (since I sell it-Ill get great discounts).

One point of frustration is that the WW Scales and mine is off 5 lbs due to clothing and time that you go to mtgs. I weight in on my scale naked and first thing in the morning so no food in my tummy. So my great weight loss will take a few wks to catch up at the mtgs!
Closed Thread