Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 03:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 202/167/130

Question New and maybe not doing something right?

Hi, I am Melanie, I am 30 yrs old and I have been doing WW for 2 weeks now. The first week I lost 2.0 lbs and did no exercise. The second week I lost 2.4 lbs and I exercised my butt off. I exercised everyday for an hour and 10 minutes each day. I eat well, fruits, veggies, and am staying under my points. I have not used my extra 35 points this week nor did I use my activity points. What am I doing wrong? Shouldn't I have lost more this week since I started exercising? I am really frustrated and confused. I don't expect some 10 lb lose in a week but I didn't expect the same thing as I lost the week before with no activity? I have been reading here and it seems like some of you are losing 5 lbs a week and such. What can I do?

I started out in January counting calories and I weighed 202, got the stomach bug and ended up at 196 which was my weight at the start of WW. I am at 192 now. My goal is to break the 190's but at this rate it will be 2 more weeks before I do that. Any advise is greatly appreciated!
Old 02-13-2007, 04:15 PM   #2  
banned

first, welcome

second, congrats!!

third, you may lose better if you at least use your 35 wpa's and youir activity points.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:21 PM   #3  
Cowboy Up Chick

Weight loss isn't an exact science. Some weeks you may have gains or maintains for no reason. Other weeks you should technically show a gain and have the biggest loss of your journey.

If you are following the 8 Good Health Guidelines and eating at least all your daily points you are doing the program correctly. However many of us lose more consistently when we eat our activity/exercise points and our flex/weekly points.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

Hey Mel,
I feel your frustration. some times I stick to the program like a champ and only lose .5 other times, I lose 3.5. who know what goes on in these complex bodies.
since you started right after the stomach bug, you probably didn't have much of the initial water weight to get rid of the first week. that is why so many people see a big loss when they start. 2.5 with excersise is a good week. I know we all want to see the scale move faster but if you are eating a healthy balanced diet following the good health guidelines, its probably moving as fast as it should be. at the meetings they always tell people to make sure they eat their points ( I never seem to have a problem with that). so maybe eat an extra snack of yogurt and fruit or something else healthy, not junk, and it could keep your metabolism moving.
good luck, don't get frustrated, it will go down.
Jennie
Old 02-13-2007, 05:03 PM   #5  

sometimes weight loss has a lot to do with water weight. could be something to do with your TOM.
Old 02-13-2007, 05:25 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 185/168/150

Height: 5'8

Make sure you eat all your daily points or your body will go into starvation mode.
Old 02-13-2007, 05:30 PM   #7  
Cowboy Up Chick

fitby, good catch. You need to eat all your daily points (an occasional day under will not make or break you but consistently eating under will slow your metabolism)...........
Old 02-13-2007, 05:58 PM   #8  

Thanks everyone, this is all great advice. I think I am just feeling anxious and ready to get rid of this weight. I will make sure I eat all my points and continue exercising. After I posted this I went to the before and after pics area and that was some major motivation!!!

Melanie
Old 02-14-2007, 10:25 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 210/210/175

Height: 5'3"

Don't forget - a healthy weight loss rate is around .5lbs - 2lbs a week! So you're doing great!
Old 02-14-2007, 09:19 PM   #10  
Soon2BFit

S/C/G: 246.2/See Ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi, Melanie,
I'm also on WW flex plan. I'm told we should always try to at least use the daily point allowances, not be under. I lose better when I use all of them and my weekly allowance points.

Our leader told me about a lady who was down to her last few lbs. getting to goal. She was using her daily points, not going over. Our leader said she told the lady to add 2 pts. per day. She said ' I want to lose not gain' She did it and lost the weight and made it to goal.

Our bodies are funny, we might do everything right and not see the scale even move sometimes, but it does catch up. Don't give up. Slow and steady wins the race. Keep doing what you know to do.

Denise
Old 02-14-2007, 09:25 PM   #11  

The support from you guys is amazing. You all have had such kind words and advice!

This is the first time that I have done a diet that someone is teaching me how to do it. Before I would just go at it alone and without knowledge of what I was even doing. The thoughts in my head were, to be thin, you can't eat anything. I love having a meeting each week that is teaching me the correct way to diet. This board has also been a wealth of information. I am so glad I found it! Thanks everyone!

Melanie
Old 02-14-2007, 10:06 PM   #12  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Definitely make sure you eat your points, I hear that all the time that people try to cut back too far and don't lose then. Also, muscle weighs more than fat but takes up less space, so you probably want to take your measurements, they can help with non-scale victories (NSVs). Sometimes you need something besides your weight to keep you motivated. The main thing is don't quit you're doing great.
Old 02-15-2007, 10:05 AM   #13  

And make sure you are drinking your water!
Old 02-15-2007, 06:48 PM   #14  

Maybe you have built up some muscle mass from your exercising....that's a good thought!
Old 02-15-2007, 08:22 PM   #15  
Cowboy Up Chick

Not to burst anyone's bubble but it takes much longer than 2 weeks to build muscle with exercise.....
Closed Thread