Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 06-05-2006, 12:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/122/120

Thumbs up Madonna's Amazing Back

Lately, I've really started to notice (and love) the muscle definition developing in my back. I even wore a backless dress for the first time ever. Well, I stumbled across a picture of Madonna's back--she is so cut! This is definitely inspiring for me. For a long time, Madonna's arms have been my model of how I want my arms to look. I know there are varied opinions on Madonna, in general, but I just wanted to share this picture if you haven't already seen it.

Goodbye Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 01:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Hmmm, can't resist saying, the horse looks scared!! I was a big fan of hers in the 80's, but now, not so much. I find her look over the edge into unattractive, but I know alot of ladies who want arms like hers, so you go girl! I just don't like bulging veins myself. I bet you could find alot of her training (or trainer's) tips online. Didn't she start off with Gunnar Peterson? He's all over the web now.
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 01:36 PM   #3  
Mel

She's got a great bod. I read somewhere that she's given up lifting and only does pilates and yoga, but I think there's a lot of muscle still there from her lifting days!

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 05:45 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrbabe
I bet you could find alot of her training (or trainer's) tips online. Didn't she start off with Gunnar Peterson? He's all over the web now.
I did look into that a little and she did work with Gunnar. When I decided it was time to start losing weight, the first step I took was to respond to the Core Secrets informercial (the only infomercial I've ever responded to, by the way) and I still use my stability ball to this day. So, I guess I can say that I started with Gunnar too!
Old 06-07-2006, 04:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Well, that's a great photo of you. I'm glad you changed your avatar bc we can see you so much better now! You've been working hard yourself!!
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 05:39 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrbabe
Well, that's a great photo of you. I'm glad you changed your avatar bc we can see you so much better now! You've been working hard yourself!!
Aww, thank you. I haven't been able to find a recent picture of myself that I liked; this one is from a wedding I went to last Sunday.
Old 06-10-2006, 09:02 PM   #7  
Chrissy

S/C/G: 166/152/140

Height: 5'9"

My "ideal" is angelina Jolies arms in the tombraider movies. Madonna looks scary in that picture! But I think its more the harsh lighting then her body.
kindred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 02:50 PM   #8  

I read that she mostly does a ton of yoga. I was watching her do it on TV and whoa, she is an accomplished yogi and can do things I couldn't dream of!

It seems like many yoga instructors have really developed backs because you use it a lot more than in other activities. Check out Shiva Rea.

http://www.shivarea.com/
fikustrees is offline   Reply With Quote