Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 01-29-2006, 02:16 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Default OK, so while my weight is merely budging along in .2 increments, my bf on the other-m

hand has dropped 9 freaking points in a week!?!? Is that all that extra cardio I've been doing? Last week according to my Tanita scale, it was 48/49%, then I got like 44 on Tuesday, 38 last nite (which I considered a fluke), and 39 just now - middle of the afternoon, haven't worked out yet, haven't eaten since brunch.

So can this be REAL? I guess I should glow in the fact that I can merely just sit around now and burn more fat just by existing! But I won't rely on that, I'm keeping up on the cardio if THIS is what I get for it!! YAHOO! I'm considering getting the Tanita that does water and bone density too, just so I can get the full picture.

So yea for all the cardio and weight lifting!! I have to increase my goal weight now because adding 25% bf to my current lean weight is higher than my current goal! WOW.
sportmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 04:25 PM   #2  

6% body fat loss in like 6 days. I am not sure about the average stats but this seems crazy. Maybe the scale is malfunctioning. Exchange it for another one, if possible. Have u calibrated it again incase it is not, or if it lost ur info some how. If ur lifting weights that will help u lose much faster esp. in the long run. U will be burning more throughout as a result. It could be dehydration that is making it seem like u have lost that much with all the cardio u said u were doing. I don't know but it seems unlikely and fishy to me.
tobetheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 08:05 PM   #3  

From what I've heard those Tanita scales are extremely inacurate... Get your BF% measured by a reputable PT at a gym every 3 months or so....
3fcuser1058250 is offline   Reply With Quote