Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 06-16-2005, 03:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 235/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Unhappy Low back pain

Hi all LWL:
I have a question...i did decline situps (lowest level) a couple days ago i didnt use weights or lower all the way down... and my lower back has been killing me since....has this happened to anyone else?
I didnt think i overdid it at the time, but
Ive been icing/heating but cant get relief.. its putting my exercise on hold for now...
Any advice?
Karla
wkgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 02:07 AM   #2  

Hi karla,

Yes you probably overdid it and you should rest your back for a few days. Try to figure out what went wrong in between (was the exercise to hard etc), and do something else for a while.

Lieke
Greekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 06:55 AM   #3  

Hi karla,

As I figure it this decline situps are for the abs.
What I notice myself in doing abs stuff is that when I do it wrong, then I tend not to use my abs at all but get the movement out of my lower back.
This might also have happened in your decline situps, and could have caused the pain now.

Did you do "normal" situps before and ever noticed like it was coming out of your back and not your abs ??

rabbit
4rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 09:45 PM   #4  
WW Moderator

I hired a trainer to put me on the right track, and he has me doing sit ups while I press my calves into the palms of his hands, which are holding the back of my calves. Pressing down with my legs takes the pressure off of my back and into my abs. I have zero back ache that way. Otherwise, maybe you could try crunches?
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote