3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight and Resistance Training (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-resistance-training-80/)
-   -   LWL #139: April 12 - 18 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-resistance-training/39247-lwl-139-april-12-18-a.html)

BfL_Cat 04-17-2004 05:34 PM

Hey everyone! I'm just sitting here enjoying our beautiful weather! I've not got much yard work to do yet, and I can't see wasting this day in the stores, so I'm just relaxing inside with the windows and doors open to air out the house.

Nothing new and exciting to report - eating pretty clean, getting my lifting and Spinning in...

Hope everyone is doing well this weekend!
Cindy

Meg 04-17-2004 05:48 PM

Quote:

Oh (sob), Meg's strong enough to break machines now? Egads, the bar has been raised again. All I seem to break is myself.
Mel, the way I read :devil: Jack's :devil: little remark was that Meg's posterior is now large enough to break machines. But don't you worry -- I have a 55# dumbbell with Jack's name on it for the next time I see him! :lol: Ohhhhh, Jacckkkkk .... yooo hooo ......

Meg 04-17-2004 06:42 PM

Awwww ... sweet talk from the :devil: man himself! Yes, I'm frequently violent at the gym -- you ever hear those big old 95# DBs getting thrown around? Yep, it's me when someone tells me it's not my turn at the squat rack. :lol: So be afraid, be very, very afraid ... :D

Don't worry, Jack, you're definitely an :angel: in my book!

littledove 04-17-2004 08:42 PM

Hi Ladies,etc

Silverbirch- Yes, it is getting cooler here in Australia, but Mackay is in central Queensland so "cool" is merely relative. Its not reaching 30deg C anymore, but only just. Apples are expensive here. Tropical fruits are the go. Mangos & coconuts are a local health hazard as they fall out of the trees lining our streets.

Greek Girl - If Sweetheart thinks your progress is slow ask him how long it would take him to turn a Karen Kombi-bus into a Mustang Sally. I know I'm still more of a people mover than a racing car at the moment.

Eats are clean, but still having trouble getting back into the workouts. I'm not going to beat myself up over it though. After a very bad few months in my life I'm in need of some mothering and I'm the only one available at the moment

I will succeed

Love, Dove

fidjsnipzz 04-17-2004 09:02 PM

Hi ladies! I know I disappeared for a couple of weeks there, had some stuff I needed to deal with and just couldn't get to reading the posts or writing anything. But I'm back now and am here to stay :) The exercise has been right on though throughout everything so yah for me! Unfortunatly the eating hasn't been as great but oh well. Gotta just get back on board. Well I'm gonna go catch up on everything I've missed, seems like a lot of people have joined on! Hi! Talk to you all later.

Melissa

littledove 04-17-2004 11:17 PM

Oops, forgot to ask before,

I read somewhere recently that breaking the cardio up into, say, four 15 minute stints spread over the day as opposed to 1 solid hour actually burns more calories due to the metabolism "afterglow" so to speak.

Its apparently so good that, all things being equal - sex, body stats, activity levels, blah, blah, blah - woman A who breaks up her cardio burns 300 cals MORE!! than woman B who slogs it out all at once.

I found this very hard to beleive so I thought I'd ask the experts.
Well? Huh? Huh? Huh?

Love, Dove

BfL_Cat 04-18-2004 10:17 AM

Good morning LWL! Just wanted to share some of my endorphin high of today - I had a wonderful Spinning workout just now - was able to go longer than I've ever done before... I have the "soundtrack" of the VHS tape I bought on CD, and that's what I do, as I can't take a class. The whole workout is 45 minutes, and before I could only do about 20 of it. Today I pushed it to 30 minutes, and really, probably could have gone longer, but needed to get back and get my day going. As you can tell, I'm pretty excited about the whole thing - it's great to realize your fitness level has increased - I'm so used to having to be conservative about doing things... Guess this means I should stop being "afraid" of really pushing myself!

Well, I'm off to hit the shower, and then am having my wonderful Sunday breakfast... hope everyone is having a good one!
Cindy

Ilene 04-18-2004 11:08 AM

Littledove -- I've read this too that smaller stints of cardio are good, but better? I'm not sure... Why? My reasoning would be that eventually your body would get used to that too and reach a plateau again... Dang plateaus!!:mad: But I do think that doing a variety of this and regular longer cardio is good. Change is always good...

Melissa -- Wecome back we've missed you!

Cindy -- Way to good on your fitness level increasing:high:... I love that feeling! Every once in a while, while doing weights I realize that this is easy and a few months ago it was difficult! Like running, now I warm up with a slow jog at 4.5-5.0 and work myself up, whereas before I started walking at 3.5-4.0, this change only happened this week for me... Cool isn't it? It's like we're not getting older we're getting better! :lol: ...

Today no big plans, but I do want to hit the gym the only parts I haven't worked this week are bis and tris.... So I'll be doing that later in about an hour or so...
I've also got to drink plenty of water today....

Later all...Buh-bye!:wave:

Ilene 04-18-2004 03:32 PM

Jack there is NOTHING in the world better than being healthy, the sun shinning, and a great partner! :dance:

POOKIE88 04-18-2004 07:07 PM

Clean Eats

Ilene, I always get nervous when I have to eat out because of the temptations in a restaurant.

But yesterday I had my 2nd successful clean eats outing.
This time we went to a diner and I ordered
LWL EGG WHITES with Mushrooms (Hold the yolks please!). I told them not to bring those 2 starchy food items that normally come with eggs (you know what they are!). I asked for lettuce & tomato slices instead with the dressing on the side. I only had a tiny amount of the dressing. I had hot tea with just a drop of milk.

The waitress looked surprised that I asked her to "hold" so many things, but that is OK with me. The best part is that as I was leaving not only did I feel happy that I was Clean, but it was nice to leave a diner without feeling like I needed to open a button on my pants! I was satisfied but not STUFFED.

Mel 04-18-2004 09:19 PM

Congratulations POOKIE!

You're on fire!

Ilene 04-18-2004 09:23 PM

Pookster -- Yep there's another great feeling, that SATISFIED yet unSTUFFED feeling when you come out of a restaurant... not only that but the satisfaction that you spoke up, and lo and behold, no one bit your head off, :bravo:... Keep it up it gets easier every time...

Jack -- it's taken me a long time to get here too...