Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2003, 01:58 PM   #1  
Meg

Default Low Carb Bread

I know that for some of us, bread is a dirty word . But if you do eat bread at all, you might be interested in low carb bread. I bought a loaf today at a local Great Harvest bakery -- I know they have Great Harvests in other areas: http://www.greatharvest.com/

Here's the nutritional info per 1 oz slice:

50 calories
1 g fat
5 g carbs (1.3 g fiber)
8 g protein

Ingredients: Wheat gluten, soy flour, whole wheat flour, rye flakes, wheat flakes, oat flakes, natural sourdough, wheat bran, flax seeds, salt, calcium propionate, yeast, sucralose

Its texture is a little softer and spongier than regular bread. It makes very good toast, however. I put turkey on two toasted slices with a little FF mayo and lettuce and it made a very respectable sandwich.

I know other bakeries are jumping on the low-carb bandwagon -- anyone else try something similiar?

Meg
Old 10-15-2003, 05:07 PM   #2  

Wow, that is low-carb! Here's what I've been enjoying-

Aunt Millie's Light 5 Grain-

One slice

40 Cals
0 Fat
9g Carbs
1.5 Fiber
2g Protein

I buy it at Kroger. I checked the Great Harvet stores, but there's none really close to me. Dang. But I will definitely keep it in mind if I will be in the area of the stores. I can always buy several and freeze 'em.

dip
Old 10-19-2003, 07:41 PM   #3  
Mel

Default Hmmm

I can't remember the last time I had bread- oh yeah, there was the San Francisco Carb Debacle. But there's a Greatharvest about 10 miles from me. If I can manage to get in and out without acquiring anything else, I'll give it a try. Wow- a sandwhich!

mel
Closed Thread