Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2003, 04:04 PM   #1  
aac

Default Leg Routines

Hi all,

I have been lurking for awhile, but haven't posted on the daily thread for lack of time, not lack of interest I hope it's okay to start a new thread and ask a question.

I am curious as to your different leg routines. I am very much a pear, and lately seem to bounce from one routine to another, without much luck. I have been doing straight sets (usually 2) of 8-12 reps of squats, leg press, ham curls. I can't do static lunges, because they hurt my legs. I sometimes do walking lunges, but not right now, because I am recovering from a running injury and so can't do any one-legged things without pain.

Thanks for any help!

Amanda C
Old 09-01-2003, 05:13 PM   #2  
Ilene the Bean

Hello Amanda C, Welcome...

My first impression of your leg routine is that you need more than 2 sets of each exercise....

Here is my alllll time favourite leg routine but it involves alot of lunges...maybe you could replace the lunges with leg extensions, but I guarantee that you willlllll be verrrrry sore for a couple of days after this one...

Leg Triset:
Lunges 5 sets of 10 reps (no rest)
Leg Curls 5 sets of 15 reps (no rest)
Squats 5 sets of 10 reps (1 minute rest)

Once the thighs and hamstrings are dead, you do 8 sets of standing calf raises picking a weight that you can initially do for 20 reps. Only rest 20 or 30 seconds in between sets. Do not reduce the weight! The last few sets you'll only be able to do around six reps only, but even when the going gets tough, make sure you pause for a second at the top of the movement and really concentrate in the contraction of the muscle.

Hope this helps.....
Old 09-01-2003, 09:10 PM   #3  
JEC
Aussie and proud

My two favourite leg exercises are squats and deadlifts. At the moment my leg workout is;

4 Sets 10 Reps Squats
4 Sets 12 Reps One legged lunges
5 Sets 10 Reps Dead Lifts
2 Sets 30 Secs Wall sits
2 sets 5 reps Pylometric one legged squats
2 sets of walking lunges

JC
Old 09-03-2003, 02:38 PM   #4  
aac

Thanks for the ideas, ladies. I did do legs yesterday, adding in some supersets and some additional exercises, and I feel it today. I will keep thinking about your routines and seeing what I can come up with.

Thanks again,
ac
Old 09-03-2003, 08:45 PM   #5  
JEC
Aussie and proud

no problem

JC
Closed Thread