Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2003, 06:35 PM   #1  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Default Eating before & after workouts

Ok, this is SUCH a basic question but I can't find an answer in the BFL book. How long should I wait before and after a work out to eat?

I do my workouts in the early evening and I'm not sure if I should try to squeeze a meal before going to the gym or wait until after. Right now, I eat around 9am, around 12pm, again at 3pm and around 6pm (sometimes 7pm if I'm lifting) and at 9pm.
Old 05-12-2003, 07:11 PM   #2  
Uber-Moderator!!

Okay...so you're gonna make me do MATH on a MONDAY?!?

Just kidding! Generally the rule (as far as I remember - I'm an AM workout junkie) is to work out two hours after eating, and wait an hour after your workout for your next meal.

Of course the *real* PM gym rats can give you the straight scoop if I happen to be wrong...
Old 05-12-2003, 07:42 PM   #3  
Ilene the Bean

Sorry AM gym rat here too.....
Except Sundays, and I eat 2 hours before going to the gym, and usually as soon as I get home after, because by then it's been at least 3-4 hours since the last "feeding" and I'm getting a little cranky!!!!
Closed Thread