Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 03-26-2012, 02:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 285/274.0/150.0

Height: 5'3

Talking 100 Pounds ~ I'm going to do it!

100 Pounds...I want to be down at least 100 pounds before my husband and I start trying to have kids. I have been lurking on the forum all day trying to pick up everything I can. I'm confident that I can lose the 100 pounds in a year. I went back and looked through Meg's threads (stalker, I know) and it really provided me with the motivation I needed to jump start. There was a thread a few years ago dedicated to losing 100 pounds in 1 year and that just made my day, I wanted to print it all out, but ink is expensive I've already decided to add weight training into my workout regimen three times a week and cardio at least three times a week. I'm a big fan of the elliptical...for some reason when I get up there it boosts my self image, so that is going to be my main cardio source. My husband is pretty fit. He's one of those guys that can not work out for three years, walk inot a gym, and look like he fits in. He did a lot of weight lifting in high school so he is my confidence in the weight room. I'm not afraid of doing things wrong because I know he knows how to do them. Plus I don't feel self conscious because he's there with me. My original (and back up) plan was to lose these 100 pounds in two years. But, every time I go to the thrift store, I WANT TO BUY ADORABLE BABY CLOTHES FOR $1.98 A PIECE!! So, for me, the sooner the better. I feel like I have the right kind of motivation, support, and the knowledge how to do it. I'm down 3 pounds in two weeks sofar, so "technically" I'm a pound behind but I've got a lot of weight left to lose, so I can make that up quick. So, here is why I'm posting this in this section.....I have motivation, support, the resources, but I'm not sure how I should be eating as far as weight training is involved. I know that protein is a big deal, but beyond that I'm pretty lost. I'm not concerned about calorie count, just what types of food mesh well with weight training and when. Any advice would be wonderful

Last edited by trailerprincess13; 03-26-2012 at 02:39 PM. Reason: to include the fact that I want to lose 100 pounds in a year..forgot that minor detail :)
trailerprincess13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:01 PM   #2  
In training to be awesome

S/C/G: 270 / 188.4 / 170

Height: 5'11"

Welcome! Try not to get hung up on time frames. I noticed you saying that you're "a pound behind," which worries me for what you'll feel like if you don't meet what you've set as your deadline. Weight loss is rarely linear or predictable, and I don't want to see you give up on your goals or your health.

Lifting throughout your loss is amazing, and will help you look your best at every weight along the way. Lift heavy weight, for few reps, and make sure you get in plenty of protein. Good luck!
Blueberries is offline   Reply With Quote