3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight and Resistance Training (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-resistance-training-80/)
-   -   BFL/BB #90 - week of 17 Feb 2003 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-resistance-training/24910-bfl-bb-90-week-17-feb-2003-a.html)

MrsJim 02-17-2003 11:42 AM

BFL/BB #90 - week of 17 Feb 2003

Hey you guys!

Not meaning to be Persona Non Appeara here ;) but we're having a lot of work done on the house. Unfortunately some of it means that we have to turn off the electricity :( not a good thing (I'm glad we don't live in the Snowy Part of the Country).

Our place is pretty ancient - and our landlord has decided to do some electrical 'updating'. Actually Jim is the one who is kind of driving that decision since all his studio equipment requires grounded plugs. Even though our landlord is paying to have the work done, we told John that we would pay for the plugs for our apartment and things. Just about all the plugs in here are two-prong, and they should all be 3-prong. Have you noticed that just about every electrical appliance you buy is 3 prong? So...while the electrician is working on that we have no electrical power. We've also been spending a lot of time at Home Depot buying bathroom stuff which our landlord is reimbursing us for. It'll be great when it's done but meanwhile it's rather a pain in the *** if you know what I mean! Should be all finished today though :)

Hope everyone is doing great this beautiful holiday weekend!

Well when I'm able to get in again, I know I'll see a lot of lovely posts from y'all!!!

Tideypoo 02-17-2003 12:37 PM

Hey all!

Gah. I have a sugar hangover from my freeday that beats any alcohol hangover ive ever had.

During my 20MAS I thought I was going to die/puke and I STILL feel nauseous 4 hours (and two meals) later

Other than that Im pretty pleased with things. The pants-o-meter is showing slight progress :D and Im into week 5 now! Hard to believe the changes in my body/well being in only a month!

Hows everyone else?

Tidey

Niffer 02-17-2003 03:25 PM

Drink yer water, Poo!

Sounds like you had a great cardio session! Remember to drink more water than normal. That FD stuff will do a number on ya, won't it! :lol: This last Dec I knew I was going to start fresh with eating right etc and I decided to binge on sugar and everything else for that matter. So, we made chocolate chip cookies and I ate them till I wanted to puke. The next day I couldn't get out of bed. I'm not even kidding! I started to get up and I was SO DIZZY I had to lay back down and close my eyes. I had the worst FD hangover EVER. NEVER again. Now, on FD I just eat a free meal or 2.

I had a killer UBWO today - I hated every second of it. Gym was hot and crowded (Prez Day) and I spilled my water - but thankfully my towel soaked it all up! Oh, AND my brand new notebook too! HAHAHAHA Oh well. I am going back to going early - 5:30 seems to be when I'm at my strongest.

Off to straighten up the casa - comapny for dinner tomorrow nite - Mike's friends form the academy are coming over for dinner. Poor guys, they have to stay at the academy for 2 weeks while they go through this sargent's training and they have to eat that food. Blick! So, a few are coming over for dinner. I'm making BBQ beef samiches, corn, fries and salad. Not exactly BFL, but I'm not eating it!

TA! Susie

mamawren 02-17-2003 03:41 PM

Happy President's Day!

I had decided when I started BFL that I would use my free days to clear out the freezer and pantry of "bad" foods. I had looked forward to yesterday because I made brownies. Nothing tasted good. I can live with that.

This is week four for me. I was a little sad about my measurements going up, but as I lay in bed last night I noticed the muscles in my legs. It was a pleasant suprise to say the least.

I upped my weights for my LBW. I'm still not hitting the 10's for the big muscles, but I finally hit major 10's for my calf workout. I bought one of those balls to assist me in my abs. A better workout but I'm definitely not coming close to any 10's there. :?:

Wishing everyone the best.

~Chris

MrsHoek 02-17-2003 07:30 PM

Hi! Will you ladies accept a "newbie"?

Hello, ladies!

My name is Beth and I started C1W1D1 today. I was introduced to BFL two years ago, and my husband and I did mostly follow the program for a few weeks until I way overdid things and took myself off of the training list. I've thought about getting back with the program on and off ever since, but I've finally gotten to the point of saying "enough is enough!" I have several challenges to go through, since I'm starting out at about 280 (40 lbs higher than when I quit a couple of years ago), but right now I'm just going to focus on this challenge. My goal is to be down to 250 in 12 weeks and to have a whole lot more energy! Lately, I've been dragging so much that I can hardly get through a day. Something has GOT to change!

I'm 32 and a mother of 5, currently living in Utah but preparing to move back to California where we came from 3 years ago. My husband works on contract and the economy in his industry is such that he's never in on place for more than a few months. (Sometimes it's only a few weeks!) Consequently, we only get to see him about once a month. It's hard, but we're thankful that he has a job right now!

I've been lurking here and over at L&S for a few days, and I'm looking forward to getting to know you ladies better!

Beth v

adriana 02-18-2003 01:26 AM

good morning to all !!

Beth - Welcome and :bravo: for starting this challenge !! it'll be great getting to know you here. these are a WONDERFUL bunch of women, actually Sisters in Steel !!

Chris - that's great about seeing the mucsle !! i know that i'm always pumped when i see those kinds of results too. if you're working hard i wouldn't sweat the 10's so much. you'll get there more and more often as you progress with the program. hang in there because it's happening :dancer:

Tideypo - blah !! what a horrible feeling !! :sorry: i don't think i could handle a free day at all now. good for you and your progress :strong:

Niffer - so good to see you ! i feel like i haven't heard from you in awhile, am i completely wrong? have a great time with the company :burger: that menu sounds pretty good, if you're not on BFL :lol:

KAREN !! - i knew there was a reason why you haven't been here, but i couldn't remember it !! good luck with all the work on the place. it'll be super once it's all done. can't wait till you come back to us full time!!

=============

all-righty then..... yesterday i did a fantastic UBWO, followed by 40 minutes on the elliptical. i was able to raise the weights in some of the exercises, especially the barbell chest press. it sure does feel good to pump that iron. i'm the ONLY woman in the entire gym that works with the free weights like that and i get quite the looks :dizzy: kind of fun in a way, but kind of a bummer since there really isn't anyone i can work with.

there's a great guy that i sometimes see, but he started working out in the evenings and i sure can't do weights at that hour. i hope he comes back to the mornings real soon.

does anyone else have a bit harder time working the arms? i can't believe how easily i get tired when i work the biceps and triceps. i push through the sets and reps but sometimes i just want to scream :eek: :cry: i see the progress in my arms and the tape measure is showing great numbers, but i still feel that i'm wimping out with my arms all the time. am i wrong?

today is LEGS !!!! yay !! i don't do calves right now. i'm concentrating on the knees-up for now. am i wrong to do this?

okay.... time to sit and work for a few hours before the workout.

hope you all have a great tuesday!!

take care,

adriana

Tideypoo 02-18-2003 06:01 AM

I have LBWO today :) Going to do sqats and good mornings! here comes the PAIN! LOL

Adriana, i would not cut out the calf exercises, but dont use any weight at first. I find that I get an increible burn and cant do a single one more if I do the 12,10,8,6,12 and 12 pattern. Ive noticed amazing "firming" of my calves and they are not bigger, just more firm. It only takes a few minutes and you dont even need any equipment :) so I say do the calves ;)

I also find that if I am not hitting real 10's then I feel like I havent worked as hard as I wanted in my UBWO, but its my favorite so Im not surprised. I love the feeling of sore arms lol but you DO have to push to get it. Sometimes I do an extra set for my bicepts with a barbell curl (I do standard and hammer curls for my WO) really really slowly so I can FEEL it every single rep. If you cant reach the intensity you want by upping the weight (you fail too fast or it hurts your joints) take the heaviest you can and do SLOW reps. 6-8 seconds up, 4-6 seconds down. You WILL feel it :D

I had a dream last night that I was wearing and old pair of jeans *sigh* Hopefully it wont always be a dream! I want my 30" waist back (to say nothing for 28" heh)

Ive found that lately my biggest drive to lose fat is NOT be a certain clothing size, but actually to be able to see my muscles LOL. I want to show them off! My SO is shocked by my arms these days, and they are still covered in flab.

Well, off to sweat!

Tidey

OI812 02-18-2003 07:55 AM

I hope there is room for one more here.

Yesterday was the first day of my Challenge. And it went very well. Ate clean and had a good ubwo. Looking forward to another great day today.

A little about me...
I'm a married mother of 2..boy 12 and a girl 9 from a previous marriage. I work two jobs. P/t days at a breakfast cafe waitressing and f/t afternoons/nights at a Steakhouse waitressing. Talk about hard to follow a diet! LOL
I start BFL for a few reasons. To be healthier, to be happy, to re-shape my life and body, to firm up and build muscle and let's face it, to able to show off my new body come summer! LOL

I'm 5'3, 137 lbs, and I used the body fat calculator at L&S and it says I have 29.8% body fat. My goal is to get that number lower too.

I have a few questions for everyone. 1)As long as you get in your 10 cups of water, can you have a decaf tea, decaf coffee or a diet pop during the day?
2) Can you add fat free sourcream to your baked potatoes?
3)Is it okay to mix your protein drink with milk instead of water? Skim milk that is.

Well I'm off to the gym to do my cardio.
I'll check back in later.

~Kelly~

3fcuser1058250 02-18-2003 12:55 PM

Hello Girls

:wave:

Oh NEWBIES!!….:dance: I’s luvs newbies :dancer: Welcome “Sisters in Steel” to Kelly, Mrs. Hoek and Size 14 (soon to be 12 if you embark on the BFL boat) !! WOOHOO!!

OK enough excitement for the moment…;)

Ariana ~~ “Sisters in Steel”!! THAT is a great motto… :bravo: We must adopt that one! Arms used to be a problem area to work out for me too… but they are now my fav part … I love the pumped feeling I get when I work them :strong: … Congrats on the new UP in your weights what a great feeling that is … Hey, I’ve been meaning to ask how it’s going with the Glutamine… I love taking it, I can see a definite difference in how I feel… Is that great guy at the gym single?? :devil: I don’t think that not doing calves for now is a big deal, and I often overlook them too because we work them so much anyways when we are doing cardio, but the pumped feeling in the calves is a great feeling…

Chris ~~ isn’t it fun to have muscles in your legs… Congrats! Don’t despair over the inches and that scale!! the scale LIES… !!

WARNING TO THE NEWBIES: Throw the scale, fa’ fa’ fa’ away!!! Take the battery out!! Whatever works… but get rid of it… Use your pant-o-meter….

BethV ~~ mother of 5!! OMG you’re a SAINT!! Good luck in your quest…

‘Poo ~~ You took the words right out of my mouth when you said about working to get muscles and loosing fat and not worry so much on being in a certain clothing size…It is sooo true… very good point…. Forgive me if I’m a :doh: but what is SO? I just can’t figure it out, and I know when you tell me I’m gonna bop myself on the head…

Kelly ~~ :wave: there’s an e-mail comin’ your way … more Canucks we need that!! To answer your questions: #1. IMO yes you can have decaf tea, decaf coffee or a diet pop during the day, in moderation, and not everyday … #2. Sour cream, try wiping up some cottage cheese and salsa, it’s even better than the sour cream on potatoes… #3. Go to the Sticky “Articles to read” at the beginning of this thread and read “Foods that make you look skinny….. Great article… IMO on BFL you will be eating enough green stuff, lettuce, broccoli and if you take a good supplement of calcium/magnesium, you’ll do ok… plus all the weight bearing exercises, your bones will be fine… This is only a personal opinion tho….Oh and BTW I love your signature.... I sure got a chuckle out of it...

Susie ~~ How was the dinner for the boys of the academy? The dinner sounded delicious….Have you gotten your e-mail up and running?

Karen ~~ Hope your apartment is coming along well ....
Mel, JEC, Ledom ~~~ where are you??
===================

In my part of the world, things are good and :strong: I had a great shoulder workout I found a routine in a magazine and I finally love working my shoulders for the first time in 10 years….
I’m also off work and have lost of time to do stuff, the house stays clean, I’m in the process of drawing a headboard for our bed we haven’t had a headboard for a decade and I’m fed up! Went shopping for a head and foot board and the one I liked of course was like $750… I don’t think so!! So I’m gonna use my imagination and make one… Then I will also be posting a recipe I found in a magazine for tuna burgers, extremely simple but it was really good for a change of pace, and gets the good omega fats in us, which we all know we need….

Ok I’ve rambled on enough…. See you all soon…..

Tideypoo 02-18-2003 03:22 PM

Lana,

SO = Signifigant Other

I did sqats and good mornings for the first time today and the TOTALLY kicked my butt lol. I had noodle legs for the first time in a LONG time and I was sweating to the point where it was dripping off my nose! (very, very irritating!)

Anyhoo, off to eat, shower, and watch some TV (mmmmtv)

Tidey

JEC 02-18-2003 04:13 PM

yeah I am here just totally exhausted at the moment from having the relatives stay for a week. They leave tomorrow so I should get back into the swing of things then. Work is busy as well....

Take care all,

JC

Mel 02-18-2003 04:50 PM

I'm here too

I'm here to, but still in shock from digging out from our blizzard. I pulled a few muscles in my lower back, hip, side while throwing snow up onto 6' piles and am not sure what to do about LEGS tomorrow. Did shoulders, chest and tri's today and counted yesterday as cardio. Guess I'll just have to see what I can do without getting hurt more. :(

I'm also trying to get ready for about 50 people for dinner on Friday night. My daughter's lacrosse team will be playing U. of Pa. on Saurday, so we are hosting the entire team, coaches, trainers, and any parents local enough to come. I did it last year, too- It's a lot of fun, but a huge amount of work and there's all that FOOD! The weather is supposed to be dreadful, so I'm not looking forward to going to the tournement on Saturday, but can't wait to see the girls!

Today I ran into an old friend at the gym who I hadn't seen in about 2 1/2 years. Her eyes went really wide when she saw me and she said "OMG, you're so tiny!" I don't feel very tiny, so I must have been pretty huge before. Also made me sad to realize how long it had been since we saw each other.

HELLO NEWBIES! Glad to have you here.

Gotta go eat- I'm starving as usual!

mel

ledom 02-18-2003 10:22 PM

I'm here. Today was busy and I had two meals out, just hoping for the best and luckily both included boneless/skinless chicken breast. I was able to do just fine by passing up on the trimmings. I didn't do cardio today, but I did do a cardio on free day so I don't have a deficet yet by my calculations. I am already doing my self talk for hitting the floor when the alarm goes off at 4:30. UB, yeah! Another opportunuity to get it right. I'll be there!

Welcome newbies. Mel, now that is a big supper party. I know it'll be great.

Lana, you are sounding so chipper these days. Not working must really be agreeing with you, not to mention your healthy lifestyle.

Glad to hear everyone is doing well.

MrsHoek 02-18-2003 11:41 PM

Thanks for the welcomes! I had a good Day 2, although I did have a couple of bites of my daughter's chocolate pudding. :( I'm not quite up to a 20MAS yet, but I did Leslie Sansone's 1 mile Walking Away The Pounds. Up until today, I'd only been able to manage 1/2 mile, so I was thrilled when I did the whole mile today!

Adriana, I have always preferred a LBWO over an UBWO - even in high school. I really struggle through yesterday's workout, but I'm looking forward to tomorrow's.

Tidey, you'll be back in those smaller jeans soon!

Kelly, I gained a lot of weight when I was waitressing. That was before I was married, though, and I'd love to be back down where I was then! :o

Lana, that recipe for tuna burgers sounds good - I can't wait to see it! BTW, I find 5 kids to be easier than 3, believe it or not.

Mel, I hope your pulled muscles aren't sore for too long! The dinner sounds like a lot of work!

Ledom, good for you for eating clean while eating out! That's a hard one for me.

Well, I'm off to bed to get ready for Day 3! :tired:

Beth v

OI812 02-19-2003 05:59 AM

Good morning ladies,

Day 2 ended fairly well. Need to up my cardio intensity though.
I can say this though. I am not hungry!

I have a few more questions for you all...LOL
1) Is it okay for me to make my protein drinks with skim milk instead of water? Protein drinks made with water makes me gag something fierce!
2)I'm supposed to eat 6 small meals a day, what if I'm not hungry at the time I'm supposed to eat? Do I eat anyways, or should I wait till I feel hungry?

Beth---Good job on the cardio!

Ledom--Nice to meet you.

Mel--I heard about all the snow you guys got. Some parts got up to 40 inches of snow. Thank God we don't live out East in Newfoundland. They are flooded! People had to leave their homes and once the water moved in, that night it got cold so it's all frozen! Do you cook all that food for that many people?

Tideypoo--What is Good Mornings?

Lana--What does Glutamine do?

Well I'm off to get ready for my p/t job.

I'll try to pop back in later this afternoon between my two jobs if I have time.

Have a great day!
~Kelly~

BethO 02-19-2003 07:58 AM

Hi All -

Things going well here in TO - did a bit of shovelling yesterday - thought about all of you digging out several inches - then went for a run outside since it was FINALLY warm enough. Felt great to be outside in the fresh air!! Can't wait until spring.

Got a compliment in the gym on Monday - someone mentioned to one of my friends on the staff "That woman's lost some weight". I'm only in the middle of Week 4, but I have to say it feels like I'm really making progress. So all you guys who just started this week - stay with it! Have faith! Put one foot in front of the other and it WILL work!

OI812 - I hear you about the protein shakes. Try cold water, protein powder, some fat free chocolate pudding mix, and maybe a banana if you need extra carbs, and some ice. Stick it all in the blender and it'll be chocolate shake-like. Still not really tasty, but drink it with a straw and it's more palatable.

My DH got me a case of protein bars (Gen Soy) for Valentine's Day, and they're much better. Almost look forward to having one of those every night before bed.

Oh, and don't wait until you get hungry - eat according to the book - every 2 to 3 hours.

Hope everyone has a great day.

BethO

3fcuser1058250 02-19-2003 08:28 AM

Hello girls,

Just had a great leg workout....Finished "Hugo's Mass Blast #1", for the second time... I'm going to stick with this routine for 4 weeks and see what happens... I was still sore from doing legs on Sunday, but I did it anyways and it felt good, it seemed to stretch out the kinked muscles... I was taking Glutamine 4/day and still I was sore... I've already made 2 copies of this workout and keep passing it around at the gym.... It's a great workout, for the newbies I found it on Dave Draper's site....

Kelly ~~ To answer your question on glutamine, here is some info I found....

Quote:

Q. What is glutamine?

A. Glutamine is the most abundant amino acid in the body. In fact, glutamine accounts for 60% of all free amino acids in the body. Glutamine is vitally important to muscle growth. Glutamine has a super-unique role: it can be utilized by the body as a fuel, used for a new body protein, and to make other important compounds and amino acids.

Q. Why should I use glutamine?

A. If you do not get enough glutamine, your body tears down muscle tissue to supply the rest of the body with glutamine. The good news is that recent studies show that supplemental glutamine prevents muscle breakdown.

Q. How much glutamine do I need to take?

A. Using as little as 5-10 grams of glutamine per day may maintain muscle stores of glutamine and prevent muscle breakdown.

Q. How should I take glutamine?

A. Glutamine powder mixes easily into any liquid. Glutamine can be mixed in water, juice, or a protein shake.

Q. When is the best time to take glutamine?

A. Glutamine can be taken at any time of day. Many people prefer to use glutamine immediately after a workout.

Q. Can I take glutamine with other supplements?

A. Yes. In fact, glutamine complements many other supplements like creatine, protein, and energy drinks. Aside from protein, glutamine is one of the most important supplement you can use!

I'm not a believer of taking stuff for nothing and had read about glutamine for years, and lately I've been reading the great benefits of it even more so I decided to give it a try, and I truly find it helpful in muscle soreness.... Hope this info helps...

Here’s some info from the “Sticky: Articles worth reading!” “Foods That Make You Look Good Nekid …and foods that make you look nasty even while wearin’ a parka!" From the top of this forum, this is only a small excerpt from that article

Quote:

Milk and Yogurt — Milk is a two-faced monster. To some, it’s a cheap source of protein and the ultimate "weight gainer" for bony teenagers. Some old-timers even recommend drinking a gallon of whole milk per day! Suffice it to say, that would leave most of us quite fat. Much of the fat in whole milk falls in the "bad" category. Saturated fat mixed with a high sugar, high-carb food does not a healthy body make.
Also, somewhere around 10 to 20 percent of the population is lactose intolerant, meaning they can’t digest milk sugar. (There are even a few studies that show that non-whites, particularly Asians and blacks, have a much higher rate of lactose intolerance.) This can be helped some by using lactose-free milk and digestive aids. On the other hand, if you have no problems with lactose, skim milk can be a good source of protein. Still, unless you’re an extremely active teenager with the metabolism of a humming bird on ephedrine, we’d limit milk intake.

Yogurt is a better option in our opinion. It has many of the benefits of milk without most of the drawbacks. One of the really cool things about yogurt is the live active cultures it contains. Yep, we’re talking about bacteria, nice friendly bacteria that keep your digestion system running properly. (That’s why yogurt can help with both constipation and diarrhea.)
IMO you really don't need protein drinks, I find they are ALL gagolicious....:lol: real food is better and when I do have protein drinks I gulp them down so fast that I don’t taste them at all… Oh, and maybe try adding a half banana and extra vanilla it thickens it up and is a bit tastier….

Mrs Hoek ~~ Here's the tuna burger recipe:

Mix one can water-packed tuna with egg whites and seasonings; coat with bread crumbs; cook in pan.... It’s sooo simple it's almost ridiculous... For the seasonings I used lemon pepper... I guess any herb or spice that is good with tuna will work... Yesterday I used salmon instead of tuna and I personally preferred tuna...

Ledom ~~ :bravo: on your restaurant food choice!!…..It is very difficult to do , but the more we do it the better we will get at it… Yes, Ledom I am in a very good mood when I don’t work, maybe I’m lazy but I don’t miss it at all… I just keep busy no matter what, and I have no STRESS!!!

Mel ~~ I’ve been thinking of you and all that snow, I remember quite a few years ago getting so much snow that you couldn’t even shovel it above the snow bank... THAT is just WAY too much snow….

Hi MrsJim, Tideypoo, … :wave: and everyone else, if I missed someone I apologize.

Later all….

3fcuser1058250 02-19-2003 08:31 AM

Hi Beth O..... We were on at almost the same time.... How are you and Hubby doing with the WOs are you feeling them more, what are you doing differently? You mentionned once that you never had any soreness....

Isn't it great when someone notices!! WOO HOO!!! :dance:

adriana 02-19-2003 11:00 AM

hey ho fellow iron pumpers !!

i'm half crazy today with some kind of stomach flu. i've been going to the bathroom non-stop for almost 24 hours !! yuck. well... that's not quite true, it stopped a bit a few hours ago and i'm feeling a slight bit better now.... work out, but better.

needless to say no gym today. hopefully a good night's sleep will cure everything and i'll be back to normal tomorrow.

glad to hear that everyone is doing so well.

Lana - i love the L-Glutamine. i take only 5mg per day, right after my workout, because of the anti-depressants that i take also. but i know it's working because i'm just not as sore as i used to be and i'm doing much heavier weights than i was before.

take care everyone. see you tomorrow,

adriana

Tideypoo 02-19-2003 11:06 AM

Good Mornings are the MOTHER of all hamstring exercises (so I found out lol) that are far FAR less stressful on the knees than the machines are.

http://www.stumptuous.com/dorkdiva.html

Good mornings are listed here :)

I made the terrible mistake of eating a breaded cod filé at my last meal. fat overload despite doing it in the oven and assaulting it with paper towel when it was done. *Barf* I was just so sick of MEAT (And I really hate fish without coating) and these were just in the freezer calling out to me. Never again. Never Never Never.

Anyone have a good recipie for fish (cod) fingers?

I did my 20MAS today on the treadmill because after yesterdays LBWO there is no way I was getting on a bike! I can hardly do stairs and sit down/get up as it is lol

Anyone know if glutamine helps if you take it the day after (ie when you notice you are sore). I can hardly remember to take my multivitamin, and glutamine is SO expensive here I couldnt afford to take even 5g every day *sigh* so if I only take it when I am already sore will it still work?
Tidey

3fcuser1058250 02-19-2003 01:47 PM

Hi girls,

Adriana ~ Sorry to hear you're under the weather , I find there is nothing worse than the stomach flu...

Tidey ~ What I've done with cod and chicken is dunk it in a beaten egg then dredge it through some bread crumbs and either pan fry with a bit of Pam or stick it in the oven. It's 100% better than the store bought stuff... and healthier... You can add salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, basil, to the bread crumbs for different tastes, or I sometimes buy the bread crumbs already flavoured, I buy Italian ....

Toodles....

Tideypoo 02-19-2003 04:13 PM

Lana,

Thanks! I dont know why my brain didnt make that connection LOL. I'll definately give it a try.

Anyone know if whole wheat flour is weird when it comes to making "fingers" or if I should stick to white (despite it being processed..)

Thanks!
Tidey

adriana 02-20-2003 01:19 AM

hey guys

i'm feeling a whole lot better today, although i wouldn't mind going back to bed for a few hours more.

but alas, i must get tons of things done today. i'm posting early so i can get my committment in writing for the day, as i seem to be a bit lazy with this rainy weather.

first and foremost will be my workout later this morning. it's a legs session YAY !! i just skipped over my UBWO yesterday.... i figure that in the bigger scheme of things one missed UBWO won't kill me.

Lana - thank you sweetie for the well-wishes :)

Tidey - i think that the whole wheat flour can be used in the exact same way as the white flour. i haven't seen any difference in usage, although i really don't use any kind of flour too much anyway.

All Newbies !! -- welcome, welcome, welcome !! hope you all jump right in and post in this daily thread too ! good to see you here and i'll be real nice getting to know you better :D

have a great day !

adriana

adriana 02-20-2003 01:22 AM

Tidey - sorry for not answering the Glutamine question. i know what you mean about the cost !! a bottle of 50 capsules of 500mg cost an arm and a leg here.

sometimes i forget to take it and i miss a day or two, so i just take it when i remember and it seems to help like that too. i'm trying to remember to take it after each workout but i'm a bit ******ed in that way..... after i take my morning meds i completely forget about other stuff. hopefully i won't need antibiotics in the near future !!

i take only 500mg when i do take it. never more than that in one day because of the antidepressants i take.

good luck,
adriana

BethO 02-20-2003 07:32 AM

Hi All -

Hmmm...all this discussion about Glutamine makes me want to make the leap...I saw it at Costco the other day, they even had an info sheet on it which sounded interesting. I'll do a bit of online research and tell you all if I find out anything new.

Yes, Lana, starting to feel a little more soreness the day after a WO - I'm doing the same workout pattern for four weeks, then will switch all exercises for the next four weeks, then switch again for the last four. I tend to be a creature of habit, but I think it'll 'wake up' my muscles again. I'm definitely hitting 10's these days - was checking my BFL Success Journal last night and starting out doing bicep curls max 12 lbs. and am now at 8 kg - 50% more.

That's why I'm interested in the glutamine.

Lana, thanks for posting the tuna burgers recipe - I may try that for dinner tonight, looks good. I need to try out some new recipes.

This weekend we're doing a bunch of painting in the house, so even though we took our Free Day last Saturday, we're taking our next one on Sunday, so we will have 7 solid BFL days in a row - I'd better get some new things to try so we're not bored.

Friday we're doing a weight/measurements/photos update - first four weeks progress report!

Today is cardio day, so I'll get outside again for a run - it looks like a beautiful morning here today, the sun is already up and out so hopefully the roads will be clear and dry.

Tidey, don't you love Krista Smash's website? I'll have to look up those Good Mornings - I'm switching things around next week so am open to suggestions.

Have a great day, all!

BethO

3fcuser1058250 02-20-2003 07:56 AM

Good morning girls!!

I had a decent workout this AM I did chest... It was disappointing tho, I didn't hit 10's !! So that's bugging me... I have to find something new for next week...

Hey guess what ? I finally did it... I drank a GALLON of water yesterday!! I'm quite proud of myself because I'm not good in the water dept... It's was something that I had to think of constantly tho.

Just FYI:
1 gallon = 16 cups = 4 litres

One thing that I noticed this morning is that it's getting brighter out when I leave the gym... I'm really looking forward to biking again and spring!!

BethO ~ I've been finding some really good workouts on Dave Drapers site lately, specially that Hugo's Mass Leg WO, and the Muscle & Fitness March issue has some good ideas too.... I too love Krista's web site, she's hillarious...I am not a creature of habit in the exercise dept, so I change up my routines pretty regularly... Like the chest w/o I did this morning I think it's my 3rd time doing it and I want to change it already for next week...

Anywho I have to get going...where? No where really :lol: but I am spending way too much time on here lately...

Later all..

Lana...

3fcuser1058250 02-20-2003 07:59 AM

I just found an Oven-fried Sesame Chicken in the Muscle and Fitness mag... I'll post it...

adriana 02-20-2003 10:22 AM

it's afternoon/approaching evening here and this day has flown by !!

my legs workout was great. i was tiny bit tired towards the end, from yesterdays stomach thingy, but i was able to hit 10's throughout the workout.

after that i did a bit on the stairmaster for about 10 minutes. ouch! it was a bit strange getting used to the contraption. but i liked it and i'll be rotating it with the other cardio stuff.

then it was 35 minutes of elliptical. i did one of the cardio workouts on there.... oh my !!

i'm happy with my progress this week. i feel great and not exhausted, like i thought i would. i have one more day left of the first week of my own Boot Camp.... UBWO tomorrow. i'm planning on making it a SUPER good w/o.

Lana - that's great about the water!! i see the difference in my whole body when i consistenly drink one gallon. yesterday i must have had close to 2.... i was so scared of dehydration from the runs - yuck !!

Beth - i'm really having a great time following you and DH's progress !! keep it up.

take care everyone,

adriana

shelbyw 02-20-2003 10:42 AM

Good morning from stormy Texas!

I was reading some threads about supplement drinks and one that I found that's not too bad is the Carb Solutions Vanilla powder mix. One serving is 120c, 3g fat, 2g carb and 20g protein.

I like to mix it with a couple of frozen strawberries and it's pretty tasty. My local grocery store sells a 13.5 oz can for $12.99.

Has anyone else tried it?

jiggly jilly 02-20-2003 09:10 PM

hi everyone!

i am finally back from my vacation to san deigo! it was great...except for the stomach flu that i had right before i left. my stomach was still in cramping pain on and off throughout the day until yesterday. i did not eat as well...but i am ready to get back on track. i did manage to workout once this week....at the dinky hotel gym, so i was proud of myself. i am going to do this week over but i am glad to be back on plan. i know that i had made some regression but that's okay...live and learn...right?

hope everyone is doing well!

jilly

ledom 02-21-2003 07:03 AM

Good morning everyone. It sounds like the stomach crud has been going around. It can sure lay you low. I am happy to report that I am back in the groove. I have had good workouts and good diet all week. I am feeling so much better about myself than this time last week. I know I am not going to have much scale loss for C2, but I do think I have results. I am feeling another shift in my body composition, both in terms of strength and appearance. Also, there are 4 more weeks left so who know what will happen to that stubborn, stubborn scale. I am really noticing a difference in my hams and quads, enough so that I have had to stop and take a second look at how nicely shaped my butt is starting to look. Waist, well that is another story. This has to be an age related thing too because I am a pear shape.

Did anyone by chance see Christine Lahti in "Open House" last Sun. night. She is SO slender, but also muscular. I think she might be my role model.

3fcuser1058250 02-21-2003 07:30 AM

Hi girls,

Ledom, I hear you so well on the "stubborn scale"!!! This morning I felt so good that I WEIGHED myself.... "I" don't even listen to myself when I say "Throw the scale, fa', fa', fa', away!!" I have no idea if I gained or stayed the same because I got on 4 times and each time it gave me a different .... :censored: ....readng . It really brought me down, because I FELT AWESOME! I then I saw myself in a different light, arghhhh, I was so annoyed... I saw my butt bigger, even though yesterday I thought, like you Ledom it looked really good... after the weigh-in I saw a zillion cellulite holes.... Well I'm NOT doing that again I promise...

So if I do girls, shoot me!!

Ok enough babblin' it's too early...

Later...

3fcuser1058250 02-21-2003 07:33 AM

Oh! BTW I made that chicken recipe last nite.... very very yummy and easy....

Mel 02-21-2003 07:56 AM

Hello!

Boy I hear ya on the scale! Nothing makes me feelworse than getting on it! It's been the cause of more tears, bad days and cheats than I care to remember. Unfortunately, right now the pants-o-meter agrees with it.

I'm taking the day off work and trying to figure out when to get in a workout- I've got 45 people coming for dinner :o and it's coing to be a real juggling act to get everything ready and shuffled through the oven. DD's lacrosse team, plus coaches, some parent and a few misc. people. I have done this dinner for 3 years now when they play a tournament in Philadelphia. It's fun, but WOW- what a lot of (unauthorized) food! Cooked Some last night, will start again after I walk the pooch.

Then need to get in a back workout somehow, and a little cardio.

have a great day,
mel

3fcuser1058250 02-21-2003 08:13 AM

Your party sounds like fun and yummy too....

Have fun...

Lana

OI812 02-21-2003 10:15 AM

Good morning ladies,

Well, I'm into D5W1C1 and everything is going fine so far. I had a great UBWO today. My arms feel like jello! LOL

I find this way of eating alot better than counting calories and much easier too.

Sunday is going to be my free day. For the most part anyways. Just might have a free breakfast/brunch.

The sun is shining here today. For a change. Can't wait till the warm weather is upon us here! I so hate winter! LOL

Off to soak in the tub.
Have a great day girls.

~Kelly~

3fcuser1058250 02-21-2003 11:08 AM

Kelly I saw your profile on L&S , gosh what a cute little thing you are!!

OI812 02-21-2003 02:31 PM

Ahhh shucks Lana.......you're makin me blush! LOL:o :devil:

MrsJim 02-22-2003 12:47 AM

OMG Ledom!! Is there anyone who HASN'T gotten The Bug in the past few weeks? Does this remind you of "the Stand" by Stephen King or what?!? At least people aren't dying in droves. :lol: That is actually the only S. King book I have read except for (now that I think about it) "Carrie".

Kelly - love your screen name - kind of reminds me of Van Halen, er Van Hagar that is :) Sammy's a good guy - so's Michael Anthony - hubby Jim grew up down the street from the Anthony family and actually owned one of Michael's studio basses for awhile but sold it 'cos he wanted a different sound. He used to go for the hard-rock sound - now he's into the smooth Motown/James Jamerson sound. but I digress as usual!

Jill - I HATE working out in hotel gyms, just because I'm spoiled rotten and accustomed to my good ol' 24 Hour Fitness! Not that there haven't been some good ones though. The Omni Hotel will actually install a treadmill or elliptical trainer, along with some resistance bands, in your room at no charge (well, maybe it was free for me, since I was staying in a suite at the time - gotta love business travel!). The best hotel gym so far for me was the Mandarin Oriental in Miami - it has a beautiful view overlooking Biscayne Bay. I was rather disappointed in the Waldorf-Astoria - you have to pay EXTRA to use the faciliies and it was all cramped and the equipment was old and rusty too (at least the weights were). In Las Vegas, if you wanna work out, check into the Luxor which I believe is the only hotel on the Strip with a 24-hour gym (at least it was at the time). Now I'm not rich by any means - except for the Luxor this has all been business travel.

Mel - hope you survived your dinner. I know *I* couldn't have done it. My sister is The Entertainer in the family, not I. This weekend is my nephew's 7th birthday - they're taking a bunch of his friends to LazerTag. She learned a long time ago to do the kids' birthdays away from home - saves her a huge mess to clean up. A few years ago, she rented a deluxe suite at the local Embassy Suites for my niece's birthday party - the kids had a very messy dinner in the fun restaurant there, then went night swimming in the indoor pool and watched pay-per-view movies on the huge TV. She had a ton of hotel points, so it didn't cost her much out of pocket (of course she tipped the restaurant staff big time!)

I'm actually babysitting right now - gotta get back to my charges before they burn the house down :) later gals!

adriana 02-22-2003 02:27 AM

aaahhhh !!! i just inadvertantly closed the browser before i finished my post to you all !!

i'm not going to do it again (write it) but i will wish you all a great Saturday.

we're just fine here, if not a tiny bit water-logged with all this rain.

today is a rest day for me so i'll just be doing laundry and dishes. oh, yay.

take care everyone. make this day count real good.

adriana