Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2003, 10:10 AM   #1  

Default mrs. Jim........

Mrs. Jim,

I know you would not be the kind that would say things like "I told you so" but just in case you would want to I thought I would give you a chance.

I told you I ordered the 6wbmo from ebay. Well, it came. I put it all together then started reading what I would actually be able to eat, and the amount. It seemed real low to me so I got out my cal. counter and added it up. It came to 917 cals for the day! Now I could add a salad and that would bring it up a wee bit to maybe 1000!!!

Anyway the 6wbmo is not new, revolutionary, different....its plain old starvation. Of coarse you can lose, but at what price.

Well, I thought I would share with you, as I know how you feel about it, and I know that I never tire of hearing things like "you were right" So, I thought I would say it to you..........Mrs. Jim, you were right

Of coarse I know you would never gloat

Cathy
Old 01-14-2003, 11:45 AM   #2  
Uber-Moderator!!

Live and learn...ya know?

I forgot who said this: "There is nothing new under the sun". Of course, marketing companies can take something old, wrap it all nice and neat, and voila! everyone wants it.

And you're right on - eating 1,000 calories a day for six weeks (if you can even manage to do that) is basically starvation. I'm sure you're aware of how the body reacts to a starvation diet - yup - it holds onto its fat stores like Scrooge McDuck holds onto his gold and burns fat and lean tissue instead...of course once you start eating normally again...you gain even MORE fat back

Cathy - you are always welcome to join us here! See ya!
Old 01-14-2003, 09:32 PM   #3  
JEC
Aussie and proud

yeah come and join us Cathy!!

JC
Old 01-16-2003, 10:05 AM   #4  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

JEC
I love your new avatar!
Old 01-16-2003, 07:19 PM   #5  
JEC
Aussie and proud

Kinda cool huh??

JC
Old 01-21-2003, 02:20 PM   #6  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Karen- I have a strange question for you. What is considered a serving of tuna, is it a 120g can of tuna? I am not sure if one can should be used as one serving or two. I suppose it would be one as it fits in the palm of my hand, but not sure.
Virginia
Old 01-21-2003, 05:40 PM   #7  
JEC
Aussie and proud

Hey Virginia,

I am not sure if our portions are the same over there but I use the 100gm can of tuna over here as a portion but we don't have 120gm cans. That sounds like a great portion size for you taking into consideration your weight.

JC
Old 01-21-2003, 05:47 PM   #8  
Uber-Moderator!!

Sorry - I'm metrically challenged here...

Personally I haven't eaten tunafish in a long time - mostly 'cos I got so burnt out on it during last spring's CPB.

I always buy the packets - lazy me. The regular size packet is 3 oz (85g) and has 19g of protein (Star Kist Chunk Light Tuna). BTW I just happen to have a couple of 'emergency' tuna packets in my desk - that's how I know the numbers!!
Closed Thread