Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 09-15-2010, 11:12 AM   #76  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

There are a lot of metaphysical theories on dreams coming true and what not. I've had a lot of 'deja vu' lately which is a bit disconcerting. Like I absolutely know I experienced something and then I experience it again. Not sure where the first experience is coming from, dreams? who knows. I also will have the dreams once in a while. Personally, I just accept it as one of those things. Unless I dream the lotto numbers, there is really to be done about it
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 01:45 AM   #77  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Height: 5'7"

Steph, hope she has some helpful advice for you on the dreams. That would be a tough thing to handle.

Today we did a fun lift, called a Stienborn (sp?) lift. We had to start with a barbell on the floor, tip it up on one end, load it on one shoulder and stand up with it (like picking up a long piece of lumber, if that makes sense), then roll it behind the neck as for a back squat, do one below-parallel back squat with it, then unload it to the floor the same way we picked it up (without dropping it, or the rep didn't count). We were going for a 1 rep max. It was different, for sure, but challenging and fun. I did 53-73-93-113-133, failed on 153 once with an ugly bailout (but no harm done), then got 153# on the second try. Since my 1RM back squat using a rack is 165, I was happy with that one!

Came home for a quick lunch, changed for work, then spent the rest of the daylight hours on an aluminum ladder, painting up under the eaves of a roof, with the metal gutterless roof pouring rain down my collar. I came home, the boy helped me get the critter chores done, and I am now bundled up, dry and toasty warm. Having one last cup of hot tea, then it's off to sleep. Metcon tomorrow morning, I'm sure, then another painting job. Hopefully the rain will run itself out tonight and give me a break tomorrow, since I'll need it dry for that job.
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:29 AM   #78  
Mel

Cheryl- those are hard and that was quite a weight! I've done them, and it takes a LOT of control. Good job. Bail carefully!

Heavy deadlifts and handstand push ups did me in yesterday.

Leaving for Columbus tonight

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:41 AM   #79  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

srmb60!
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:11 AM   #80  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

Thanks, Mel. It was a fun lift to learn. I told my trainer we should just have a weekly thing, where he pulls one of his freak circus lifts out for us to try, lol.

Birch, either that's somebody's username, or I need more caffeine.

Off early to the gym today. Not sure if the weather will cooperate for painting today or not. If not, I can always use some time to catch up on the housekeeping chores at home.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:18 AM   #81  
in development

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamsk8r View Post

Birch, either that's somebody's username, or I need more caffeine.
It is. But I'll pour you a cup anyway. Milk? Sugar? Biccie?
Old 09-16-2010, 08:24 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Cheryl ... It's my initials Susan Rosa Mary. But you have to say it with a thick Flemish accent like my Mom does.

I'm just lurking. My ezbar is in the livingroom where I can't get past without noticing and I am using it but ... not nearly structured lifting in any way shape or form!

I should try that over the shoulder Stienborn lift.

Where's KawKim?

Last edited by srmb60; 09-16-2010 at 08:24 AM.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:33 AM   #83  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

My eating has been out of control the past few days. It's not calories, it's that it's more carbs than protein and fat. Today and tomorrow are about getting back on track, I need to stop this easy comfort eating.

Also doing more work outs. I'm not doing trained work outs, more wandering into my work out room and playing around then leaving. Then I come back and do that some more. I need to do a structured work out where my heart rate is up.

Seeing the psychic was nice. She confirmed a lot of what I've been thinking about. That it was going to be hard moving north but I need to start setting it in motion to get there. She mentioned that the quicker I get up there will be the sooner Dylan and I start having children. Did you know they can't legally tell you what gender your children will be? I know doctors can't do it, I didn't know it applied to psychic's haha.

She also gave me some information on how to deal with the dreams and to get better control. So that's nice
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 09:28 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi All:

I haven't done too much lifting this week because my trainer is not around. But, I'm doing some on my own.

I watched the squat video. He left out something very important. Do NOT squat with your spurs on.

I like lifting for many of same reasons you all do, I believe. But, I love doing it also because who would'a thunk it!?

Rhonda
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:24 AM   #85  
Kallos Sthenos

S/C/G: 188/127/120

Height: 5'3''

Rhonda: Spurs?! Ok. Ya got me. Who wears spurs to the gym? And then I thought, is this some new training gear I don't know about, some kind of lingo...then I remembered it's RHONDA and then I started thinking about spurs...(Ohioans usually aren't too familiar with those things in the first place) and what would happen if you went @ss to the grass with them and then! THEN! I GOT IT. What can I say, I just got home from the gym and the blood is still pooling in my extremities and not my head. Love it. Thanks for the visual.

Have a safe drive Mel. Don't get sideswiped, pack a fire extinguisher in your car (seem to recall you had a little episode with car and fire once) and double check that your AAA membership is paid up. Just kidding. (not really)

All cardio and core today but good. Pretty stiff from workouts from the past two days. Decided to let this knit back together before I stress them again this week.

Stephanie: You have a move planned? May it be as seamless and wonderful as it possibly can be.

So my guy Cressey has another vid in my mailbox this morning. Probably nothing new for many of us but it's decent squat form and thought I would share for those who are new to the forum or for our favorite lurkers who are out there workin' hard too:

http://showandgotraining.com/mastering-the-squat.html

to everyone else this morning! Make it a great one
Lydia227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 11:00 AM   #86  
Workin' It

Lydia - thanks for the vid! Nice refresh.

Rhonda - I don't even want to think about spurs and squats...

Stephanie - I wouldn't have thought about a psychic not being able to disclose the gender of a baby. Weird.

srmb60 - what is an ezbar?

Birch - I need some coffee, too..

Cheryl - looked up your lift, wow!

Decent workouts here lately, doing a DB routine from stumptuous. Kicked my butt on Monday, so last night wound up being a little light as I still couldn't lift my legs without help. Still doing the yoga, did an hour of it this morning and then spent 30 minutes with my foam roller. Feel better.

Good day everyone!
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 11:08 AM   #87  
in development

[QUOTE=Shannon in ATL;3483151

Birch - I need some coffee, too.. [/QUOTE]

OK, Shannon, but NO biccies.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:22 AM   #88  
Workin' It

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbirch View Post
OK, Shannon, but NO biccies.
Thanks honey! Nope, just coffee. I can't handle sweet snacky treats today. One, I have no willpower lately, and two my 20 year class reunion is Saturday night and I need to avoid the extra sugar and carbs. No snacks.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 12:59 PM   #89  
Kallos Sthenos

S/C/G: 188/127/120

Height: 5'3''

Ahh. Class reunion. HAVE FUN! Whadda ya wearin'?
Lydia227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 02:22 PM   #90  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

Susan, I figured, but was too lazy to go searching. I haven't been around as much as I'd like, so not sure if Kim's been around lately. She pops in occasionally, though.

Rhonda, only in Texas, right?

Birch, milk and sugar, I confess. tea, no coffee for me.

Shannon, have fun at the reunion!

Mel, safe trip, hope you have a great time! Let us know how the shopping goes for WL shoes.

Lydia, how's the new house treating you? Sure looked fabulous in the pics!
Hope the boys are liking their new school and making friends. (you, too)

Steph! Carb withdrawals, know the feeling! For me, it's always just a matter of getting through one whole day, then I'm good to go. I'll be doing that tomorrow. I have been working late every day this week, so we're out of everything at home. Shopping and cooking today, I guess (boo!).

Too rainy to paint today, so plan to rescue the house, fix the tail light on my truck, run errands, cook up some protein, and hopefully spend some time puttering in the shop. Sammy, my trainer's boy, has been asking for a pair of farmer's handles for strongman. He can carry the 10# handles we have, but they are too deep-handled and long for his 5 yr old legs, so they are nearly scraping the floor, no room for plates. I will make him some smaller ones out of pvc, so he can do that with us. Good rainy day shop project, I think!