Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 12-14-2005, 03:09 AM   #1  

Default looking for stories

I have recently consulted a local doc about gastric bypass. Wanted to know if anyone would like to share thier story.
trixie-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 12:28 AM   #2  

I had the surgery two years ago. I did well from the surgery - no complications except for a hernia which I had repaired along with getting a tummy tuck. I will tell you that your life will change in a lot of ways and at first it is very scary because you have to be sooo careful until your new "Pouch" heals. This is also your honeymoon period of weight loss when you are losing a lot of weight because you can barely eat anything and also don't have an appetite. Unfortunately, this with time ends and you will be able to eat much more and have to resort to doing things right to keep the weight off. One piece of advice - they say you can dump easy on sweets and fatty foods - best thing you can do is not to tempt yourself into trying these because if you are lucky and find you can eat these then you have a new demon to fight. Hope this helps and best of luck.
Amy 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 11:40 PM   #3  

Yep I wont even test the waters with sweets and such. Im new into the sugery. I am doing exactly what my doc and nutritionist told me to do and so far so good. Im feel awesome and I dont regret the surgery. I had a small set back as well.. I call is small now. lol but its a good thing just read all over this site theres a lot to read and it will help you. it helped me.
JustPeachie is offline   Reply With Quote