Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 03-12-2004, 05:01 PM   #1  
Old Cackler

Default it's always amazing to me...

that, since the surgery, if i gain a few pounds, I CAN TAKE THEM OFF!!!!!!

that's never happened before!!!! usually if i gained a few pounds. they stayed!!!!

here's the deal.. since i've been sick for more than 2 weeks now, i gained 10 pounds. and no matter how many times i told myself 'it's not real fat, it's mostly water,' i didn't believe it. and as you all remember, this has happened before....

sooooo. avoiding pretzels. and finally starting to walk again on wednesday... and then thursday, and then yesterday at the doc's I'D LOST 5 OF THOSE 10 POUNDS!!!!

and then another walk today... I'M GONNA BE ABLE TO CONTROL MY WEIGHT!!!!

i'm still finding this REAL hard to understand. for the first time in my life: if i eat right and exercise I CAN CONTROL MY WEIGHT!!!!!!!

this is a truly happy thing.... and i know that i'll get back to the weights either this weekend or early next week. i'm still wheezing. but for now, i'll go home and take that mutt for another mile + walk.

MEG!!!!!! COME BACK AND CELEBRATE WITH ME!!!!!!!!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 09:53 AM   #2  

Well, I am not Meg....where is Meg? but I'll celebrate with you anyway!

Those are the famous male strippers...hope ya got your dollars ready!

ok, so maybe I am doing the classic I don't want to clean my house avoidance manuever.

But listen Jifferoonie...you looked better yesterday than you did last week...your tiny face has thinned out again. You have the smallest little face. How come my face isn't thin? I still look like a chipmunk with a rootcanal. Maybe all those rumors about me being adopted like you said are true?

You know what I think is very weird about this weight loss thing this time around? I don't gain weight. I always have gained weight if I go off program even a tiny bit. I know this is part of my honeymoon period and soon that part of the romance will be over but it sure is a curious thing!

This is fun. I am glad you paved my way. I'll be even happier when you buy the place at the beach. I'll buy you a nice house warming present in exchange for a set of keys. cool beans.

Want to do lunch with the little guy?

peach
peach pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 10:04 AM   #3  
Meg

Jiff! I'm in New Mexico! My Internet connection is a tin can and a string! I barely can read 3FC and hardly can post but I'm celebrating with you, chickie!

(and I have to add -- told ya so! )

Back to civilization tomorrow night and you'll be seeing lots more of me, for better or worse.
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 07:31 PM   #4  
Old Cackler

party!!! party!!! party!!!!!!!

so i celebrated today.. lobster!!! lovely salad with blue cheese!!!

glad you checked in meg... i miss you, but it sure sounds like you're having fun with DD... you know all too well that those mother-daughter bonding times get fewer and farther between...

and peachie: YOU were the one who announced that you were adopted, even though you're mom's clone.

i have no idea why my face is so tiny. but you've always said that i looked more like dad and remember how little his face was after he lost all that weight?

and would have loved to have lunched with you and the little guy, but we were cleaning out my house.

i'm finally beginning to believe in this surgery... and i'm so lucky to have had so much help along the way., and my life!!!!!!!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 10:46 AM   #5  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

JIFFY
So sorry to read that you've been sick, but I'm so glad you're better and that the weight has come off!
PEACHIE....Now that's a picture I would like to see....CHIPMUNK after the ROOT CANAL!

BOB
THE BIG ORANGE BABE is offline   Reply With Quote