Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 03-09-2004, 01:34 PM   #1  
Hang In There

Default Where is DEBKAY?

Do we neek to send out a search party? This is no case of no news not being good news. We want news, good bad or indifferent!!! We've missed you, are you Okay?

Peachie do you know where she is? Dose she not love us anymore?

Jiff: as the moderator, can you demand she come forward and post?
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 03:56 PM   #2  

Yeah! I'm with Barb! Jif, use your moderator powers and make Deb come out and play! What, she thinks she gets all thin and cute and she can just leave us....sob, sob?

Chickadee
Chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 05:40 PM   #3  
Old Cackler

i share your pain, ladies. but unfortunately i don't have that much power. now, really, ladies, the one to lean on is peachie kean... she knows how to get in touch with the elusive deb and her sidekick hazel...
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 06:43 PM   #4  
she who must be obeyed

You like me! You really like me..........said in my best Sally Field voice.

sorry I have been mia......nothing really new going on, just haven't been checking in.

I promise to be better.........I wuv you guys!!

After all, it is ALMOST baseball season! GO BRAVES!!!

Barb are you any close to deciding on surgery?

Chickadee......any word from the insurance company?

Jiff......plastic surgery......have a date yet??

I can hear my husband and daughter in the familyroom, discussing the fact that she will NOT be allowed to drive to New Jersey to see her friend this summer. Her argument......."but, I will be 18!" His argument, "I don't care if your 25!" Hey, I'm staying right here....
debkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 07:11 PM   #5  

Deb-Sally! Of course we like you, we really like you, silly girl!

I sit here still waiting to hear from the insurance company. It's just too dumb, but there IS something that happened that makes me feel much, much better. My ROCKIES TICKETS came in the mail! I have tickets for 14 games just sitting there in glorious anticipation of the days of summer. Now if I could only hear from the insurance company, my life would be whole.

I think you are very wise to stay away from the room where the big ol' argument is going on. Of course, each of them will expect you to side with them and you will get involved. I have kids - I know how this works. How's about if I invite you to Peachies and Jif's houses and you go to Joisy with her. Man I'm smart!

Later gator,
Chickadee
Chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 09:29 PM   #6  
Old Cackler

chickadeedeedee...i was thinking the same thing!!! of COURSE debkay's daughter can drive to joisy, just as long as her mom can come with her!!!!

great to see you deb... you've been MISSED!!!!!!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 06:29 AM   #7  

Is that argument still going on or has it just been shelved for another day?

May I stick my two cents in?

I think the argument should be redirected. It should be about not wether or not you are coming but rather wether your dh is going to part with the all powerful and precious frequent flyer miles.

Give me dates, toots!

peach
peach pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 06:47 AM   #8  

ps.....

I need another cup....how 'bout you?

peach
peach pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 07:04 AM   #9  
she who must be obeyed

the argument has been shelved for another day.....I'm sure it will come up again.....she is just like her Dad.....a pain in my tush........but loveable. As for Mom coming to Jersey with her........only, when the Baltimore Orioles are playing the Yankees.....so that I can see the oh, so lovely Javy......in an orange uniform

peachie I need more coffee too. I'm off to Ihop.....meeting the Band Mom's for breakfast.

Miss Hazel is doing well......she is turning into this little tiny woman. You guys would just love her.....she is one of the funniest women God put on the face of the earth.

Chickadee.....maybe we need a chick meet in CO, we could pay a visit to your insurance company and "ask" for a decision. Between the southern Redneck's (Barb, hope you don't mind, but this is me and you) and the Joisy girls......how could they refuse.
debkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 07:53 AM   #10  
Hang In There

Oh I love it! Being called a Southern Redneck!!!. That insurance company wouldn't stand a chance!! They'd pay just to get rid of us!

Deb, you asked if I'd made a decision yet, no not yet. After being kicked out of two different research studies, I have made an appointment with my PCP to talk to her about the options, and who to call. I've decided I really want to go with the lapband and ole Alvin's doc is the head of the WLS at 'OUR" hospital. Since I'[ve decided I really don't want him to do my surgery, I need the imput of my PCP on who to talk to. Even though Dr M is the head, he's not the only surgeon in the group. There are many other docs and hospitals in the Dallas area who do the lapband, and I really don't know anything about any of them. I wouldn't mind having it done at another hospital, but if anything were to go wrong, I'd like to be close to home. Anyway I regress, my appointment is not until 3/31.

I need a refill!
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2004, 10:56 AM   #11  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

HEY....

How bout I revive BOB'S BOOT CAMP and attack the insurance company???? You know how I can be?

BOB
THE BIG ORANGE BABE is offline   Reply With Quote