Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2003, 06:34 PM   #16  

Talking Im here Im here

Sorry it has been a while! I have been so busy trying to recoup! This week was the first week I got to carry my 2 babies and it has been kind of rough.

I am doing great, I have lost 25 lbs after a 2 week plateau, that really sucked! I did not know that could happen 2 weeks out! I lost 16 lbs in the first 2 weeks and then nothing for 2 weeks! But I have started loosing again!! Thank God , you know I was thinking that I was the only person that this would not work on!!

Sounds kind of silly now!

Oh yeah we got a baby pot bellied pig! She is the cutest thing you have ever seen! Her name is Piggy (original I know but that is what my 2 year old calls her). She is so smart at 6 weeks old it only took one day to potty train her to a cat box, we had to cut the side out of it so she could get in!!! But now she will not use the bathroom anywhere else! She is so adorable. Our dog Chi-Chi is a 4 lb chihuahua and is already smaller than the pig!! They get along really well too!!

I am glad to be back!!

Hazel
02/05/03 & 02/06/03
282/257
Although when I started the process I weighed 314, but did one last diet drug for the insurance co, and lost 32 lbs before surgery!
Old 03-15-2003, 07:40 PM   #17  

I AM GREEN WITH ENVY HAZEL!!!!! YOU HAVE A POT BELLIED PIG!!!!!!! WOW!!! I want one!!!!!! It is good to see you!!! Hazel? didn't you lose quite a bit of weight before surgery? Do you think that maybe that has effected your weight loss since the surgery???

It is good to see so many joining in on the daily!!!! hey Jiff did ya make me some socks???, hey Barb good to see ya...the kid's training seems to be going well!!! , hey heavenswind...congrats on your DATE, hey Ruth you're pretty terrific yourself, hey Amy.... careful with the chocolate and Luna boy do I understand the get "him" outta the house thing!!!!

I have spent the day (again) taking care of oh sick one who does seem to be a bit better this evening since he has been on antibiotics for 24 hours now! The snow is melting and my little one has been playing in the mud alot....can you say...spray and wash?

so debkay...watch that cough and maybe you should go to the doc and get some meds before your big trip!!!!

too pushy? ROFL

peach
Old 03-15-2003, 07:48 PM   #18  
Hang In There

During my dad ilness we got "re-aquainted with some long time friends we has sorta lost contact with. Yesterday the came by our business and while we were giving them the "grand tour" they saw ole Alivn's electric scooter. (They had not been around during the time he was at his largest, and his heaalth was so bad) even thought i had told them about his WLS and stuff, it just hadn't registered. They both were speachless to think that a year ago he could not get from the car to his desk under his own "steam' and had to use the scooter, and besides that had to have someone get it in and out of the car for him, because he wasn't able to do that. Here he was just a runnning around all over the office and warehouse and looking great. The could not comprenhend, but i know all of you relate to it. Keep up the good work all ofyou, and Dianne, John will right up there with ole Alvin any day now!

Deb: Bigdog is a clothing manufacturer who uses that slogan on a lot of their women's wear. I'll see if I can find the link and let you pick you out a new shirt to wear for your family!.

Here it is: this is for the women's wear. My oldest son and his wife and little Nathan wear these clothes all the time.

http://www.bigdogs.com/?AID=56520&PID=39457

Last edited by ageoldie; 03-15-2003 at 07:56 PM.
Old 03-16-2003, 07:50 AM   #19  

Peach, yes I did lose weight before surgery (32 lbs) so I think this may be the reason that I am not what some call a "fast looser". I could care less as long as it is going down!!!

Hazel
02/05/03 & 02/06/03
282/256/???
Although when I started the process I weighed 314, but did one last diet drug for the insurance co, and lost 32 lbs before surgery!
Old 03-16-2003, 10:12 AM   #20  
she who must be obeyed

Good Morning!!

peachie, hope the big kid is better soon.

I hope I get to meet "piggie" soon. Hazel is thinking of bringing her to a support group meeting.

Barb thanks for the link to that web site. I just may have to purchase a "she who must be obeyed t shirt."

Hubby wants to go to the park and walk.......I don't think I want to haul this butt to the park today. I know I should but......I had thoughts more in the line of shopping.

Hope everyone does something fun today.
Old 03-16-2003, 08:10 PM   #21  

hey all! i want a pig!! my parents would kill me but they are so cute! my cat might hate me too. he is kind of picky on certain things. he definitely would not be too keen on sharing the kitty litter.

today, i went shopping with my mom and dad. we bought a new tv for my mom's living room. it is awesome. my nephew who lives with us is trying to take it over. mom will cave! (i love you, mom!)

thank you deb and peach! i am so so excited. now i have a concept of time and now i can work out all my doctor's appointments before i go out of town. i will be leaving april 7 and be gone for 3 weeks and then i will be back to work one day and then my surgery. woohoo!!

how long after you all had your surgery where you allowed to start doing stuff like exercise and just normal everyday stuff?

hope everyone is well!!!

marcy
aka heavenswind (like you cant see that!)
Old 03-16-2003, 11:23 PM   #22  
Slowly going crazy!

Deb...fills are whenever you feel less restricted...or have stopped losing 1 or 2 pounds a week.

I'm planning for maybe going in May (if needed) so far the weight is slowly coming off. (If I can stop PMS'ing)

Really I'm trying to stay off the chocolate...but it's soooo hard. *sigh*. I only crave it for a week before my T.O.M. and then I could care less about it. I think it's harder stressing and fighting it than it is giving into a piece a day.
Closed Thread