Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 06-13-2011, 02:32 PM   #1  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

Default recommitment...one day at a time!

Ok, yes....I meant it both ways! hehehehe I have been called a crazy woman more then once! In some ways being upbeat and eccentric keeps me sane!

Some days requiring myself to follow the rigors of the post surgery lifestyle is harder then others but I have found that I need to recommit myself to take the best care of me with food, exercise, and a positive attitude on a daily basis!

Focusing on my doctor's bad attitude (I am looking for another doctor that takes my insurance), on the fact that my kidneys are weakening, or the fact that I am slowly putting on 2 -3 lbs every 3 or 4 months even though I am working my butt off and following a strict diet, makes me a little crazy, and not in a good way!

When I get negative like that, I refocus on the positive....I am in the best shape of my life, I do things I never thought possible, I have found a love I didn't know existed, I have lost more than 100lbs when so many never get that far or have put it all back on.

When I feel bad about myself, I use language that if my daughter said that about herself, or is my fiancé said that about me, or if a friend said that about anyone, I would be OUTRAGED! Why then do I do that? THAT is crazy.

So I recommit myself to giving myself asylum (in its old definition of safe haven or place of safety! hehehe) and one day at a time...learn to talk to myself in words I would use with a good friend, treat myself with good food, and a varied exercise program so I don't get bored, and love me...for who else in this world knows exactly what I want, knows exactly what I need, knows exactly where I've been, knows exactly where I'm going, will be there for me through everything?

I hope we can all make this the best 24 hours yet!

Angela

Last edited by missangelaks; 06-13-2011 at 02:40 PM.
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:00 AM   #2  
Old Cackler

oh angela - I'm with you in SOOOO many ways. especially that self-talk. we ALL do whatever we can to take care of family and friends, to support them through all their ups and downs, and then HOW do we talk to ourselves???? I've been trying - for years - to talk to myself with at least the courtesy and consideration I'd give to a stranger. hey - it's progress!

maybe one of these days, I'll manage to talk to myself as if i were a real friend!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 03:24 PM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiffypop View Post
maybe one of these days, I'll manage to talk to myself as if i were a real friend!

Please tell me when you figure this out....

to you Angela

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote