Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 04-05-2010, 10:13 AM   #16  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

I'm so excited.....well kind of! My kids are starting to get a little age on them and they are all complaining of getting "broader in the beam", so I talked them into having a "healthier" Easter dinner:

Grilled ranch and greek chicken breasts
Baked potatoes
Roasted garlic and olive cherry tomatoes and asparagus
Two different salads: Strawberry, bacon, bleu cheese, almonds with sweet and sour dressings (my DIL version of low-fat, low sugar-NOT! I did take a bite so I wouldn't hurt her feelings....it was delicious) and field greens with all kinds of fresh veggies,2% cheeses, lite dressings to put on them.
Crockpot Mac and Cheese for the little kids (saw DH sneaking some of this!)
Dessert: Fresh pineapple, apples, grapes, strawberries

My one daughter made 1/2 batch of sour cream sugar cookies that looked like Easter eggs. She saved me a naked one (no icing). She said she couldn't resist!!!! GRRRR!

We took a long walk after lunch and the weather was gorgeous!

My grandkids had me playing Razzle Dazzle:

Razzle Dazzle time for fun
Now it is time for Nanny to run!
Go Granny, Go Granny!

Only negative comment was my SIL: "So, on the seventh day God said to eat lettuce?!?!?!" So we called it "Easter Roughage Sunday"!

My teenage grandsons were the hardest to please. "Granny, I thought we were having salad. All we see is leaves and grass!" LOL! They are so used to iceberg.

No bulking overstuffed feeling and good nutritional leftovers!

Hope you were able to enjoy your weekend and no HYPO!

8:00 a.m. For breakfast I made a one egg frittata with left over veggies! UMMMY and a very thin piece of buttermilk whole spelt bread. I'm really trying to eat a protein with a fibery carb so I don't go hypo. It is around 10:30 now an I'm needing something to drink, but no hypo.
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:30 AM   #17  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Sounds goods! My Easter Meals (we had dinners on Sat and Sunday) were not nearly as well behaved However I did watch my portions and no hypo!
This Morning I decided to have Breakfast outside the box and instead of makign 1 turkey sandwich for lunch I made 2 and had 1 for breakfast as well
1 arnolds thin
3 oz turkey
1 cup mixed greens (leaves and grass lol!)
mustard
Snack will be greek yogurt 1/2 cup berries and fiber 1
Lunch (see above)
Snack
Apple and almonds
Dinner not sure we might be goign back to MILs

Trying to get more liquid and fiber in I've been having some problems with my plumbing!

Funny tho eating my old way My inflammation is up GRR

oh!!1 tried Stevia not bad and tried Susta Pretty good natural sweeteners!
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:58 AM   #18  

Default Parsnip Chips

I love the Arnold Thins. My DH brought home some Thomas Bagel Thins to try......they are all white flour!

I'm making parsnip chips at this moment. Let you know how they turn out.

I love the parsnip chips that you get in a bag like potato chips, but they are deep-fried and I'm going to try and bake these.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:22 PM   #19  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Thsoe sound good! Nan want to move to NJ? I want to get a dehydrator eventually
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:13 AM   #20  

NJ.....Is it 80 degrees year round, no snow, no humidity? NO THANKS! LOL! I did the parsnips.....they were okay, and of course didn't crisp up, but they did have a nice taste. I did the same thing for supper with sweet potatoes.

I dug up moved sod yesterday for a new garden space and I can hardly walk this morning. I hate being an old dog, but I'm still kicking and that is more than I thought I would ever be at this point.

Food was okay yesterday, no hypo. Didn't get near enough liquids in. No eating after I got home from work, but was up from 2:00 to 4:00, so I packed my DH lunch and ate a piece of fresh pineapple and a big fat strawberry.

7:00 a.m. Greek-style yogurt with no added sugar strawberry puree and 1/4 cup of granola.

I'm still swimming in salad fixins from Sunday, so will have a piece of grilled chicken and mixed raw veggies for lunch.

Supper: Slice of ham loaf and 1/2 baked potato.

Dehydrator: I sold mine at a garage sale a few years ago and now am kicking myself. I find lots of stuff that I would like to dehydrate that would be good for my diet now. Am on the look-out for one. I think the parsnips and the sweet potatoes would do well in a dehydrator.