Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 01-23-2010, 05:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/146/140

Height: 5ft 4in

Default Where did the old me go!!!

I am proud to say it was one year since RNY on Jan 8. My preop weight was 235lbs and I am now down to 143lbs!! I found an old picture of myself and MY LORD!!! I don't even recognize myself. I saw myself on videotape at my sons Karate tournament and my family laughed when I said "Who is that chick" behind my son. I seriously didn't realize it was me!! I want to thank every one of you who have posted on 3FC throughout the years. It is such a great feeling to know that you are never alone. The times I was frustrated, scared, and feeling low..I would read a post that made me feel inspired and smile. Not only have I reached a healthy new me, but I am so much more confident!!

I found out on Tuesday that I am losing my job in March...I am looking at it as a chance for me to move on to better things! I think before it would have dragged me into another depressed episode. To anyone thinking about surgery..Never be afraid to ask any question here!! We have all been there!!

God Bless!!
Jiggly Wiggly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 05:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Oh Jiggly Wiggly, you have done so well! Congrats!
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 07:55 PM   #3  
Keep on Swimming!

S/C/G: 293/See Ticker/Healthy

Height: 5'6"

Congrats on your progress and thank you so much for the kind and inspiring words. It is so nice to see someone who is having something difficult to deal with, such as losing as job, turn it into something positive. You don't see much of that and I just wanted to tell you thank you.

Again, well done and I am sure you must feel amazing!
Nursie2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 11:40 PM   #4  
Excited about my new life

S/C/G: 348/256/190

Height: 5'8"

Wow, I remember when you first started posting about having surgery. Congratulations on your accomplishments. I am so glad that you have such a positive outlook about your job. We have to believe that when one door closes that it is just a matter of time that God will open another one. Again, congratulations on your success. You are doing great!
worthylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 12:18 PM   #5  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

No honey, thank YOU!! I was answering some questions on Sat. for a friend that is having a time after RNY and told her that by helping other people and giving support to them, it feels like I'm paying those that helped and supported me. paying it forward!

Last edited by missangelaks; 01-25-2010 at 12:20 PM.
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote