Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 12-16-2009, 06:53 PM   #1  

Default newbie

Hello everyone. I would like to intorducew myself. My name is Lesley and Im still in the process of getting my surgery, Im having gastric bypass done sometime early next yr. I have been obease all my life and I finally got someone that will help me to loss this weight. Im a mom of four wonderful kids(on some rare occasion) and the wife of my childhood sweetheart. I have to say that the hardest part of dealing with the prospect of surgery is keeping up with all the drs appt and making sure you do what the insurence wants you to do. I would love to talk to some of you that have had the surgery done no matter how far out you are. Im not scared becasue this is something Im ready to do. I havent been able to play with my kids in two yrs because Im so tired. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Lesley
taz1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 06:46 AM   #2  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Hi Lesley welcome...this is a great bunch of gals (and some guys) and they are knowledgeable and very supportive.

I'm almost 3 months out from RNY and doing very well. My husband also had it and he's doing great too...
ladybugnessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:28 AM   #3  
Old Cackler

hi lesley!!! you've sure given this lots of thought [and you should!]. there's lots of info around here - and we're always happy to share our experiences.

what's your surgeon like? do you have an exact date??

and nessa - that blue looks FABULOUS on you!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:26 PM   #4  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

Good to see you reaching out for support! You will find it here! Great set of people!

I had Gastric Bypass 2 years in Feb. and am doing well! And though I never tell anyone what they should do concerning WLS (it HAS changed my entire life but it's a big, no HUGE life decision!), you sound determined!

Deep breath and put up your hands and yell "Woohoo" for the roller coaster ride! The emotions can get bumpier from on out. Good and bad, we're here!

Angela

Last edited by missangelaks; 12-17-2009 at 08:32 PM.
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 11:07 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 335/tracker/150

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

welcome!I am 1 & 1/2 months out from surgery and had a gastric bypass. this forum has been very helpful to me in what to expect and such. good luck!
Duckslove is offline   Reply With Quote