Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 11-19-2008, 03:31 PM   #16  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I may be in the minority here but I am learning to enjoy the empty feeling. When I feel "full" I feel really uncomfortable and sluggish.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 03:37 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 415/238/220

Height: 5' 11"

It’s funny, I find if I eat or drink any sweet or sweetened, I become ravenous for hours afterward and turn into a snacking fool. Bottom line I have to deal with my dependence on eating as a way of feeling better. It’s ok not to be full, not to have the full feeling at ever meal. A little hungry is OK.

My diet/way I eat now consists of about a gallon of water over the entire day, a couple of multivitamins, two (usually 1) 6 oz yogurts a day (one at Breakfast, and one for a snack sometimes) with a scoop of soy protein mixed in, which makes it less sweet. I have ½ a 16oz Coffee/energy drink for lunch and chicken breast and a couple of tablespoons of a side like Potato’s or pasta for dinner. I know I’m not getting enough protein, so I’m trying to mix more soy protein into things.

I have another fill next month for hopefully that will catch me if I try and cheat.

Last edited by JustWes; 11-22-2008 at 05:19 PM.
JustWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 04:39 PM   #18  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Thighs: I agree with you. I don't like that drugged, full, reflux kind of feeling. I'm hardly ever really hungry, but am having to deal with that "head" hunger thing that I need to eat. I'm always conscious that I've not had enough protein for the day, and I think that kinds of gives me an excuse that it is "alright" for me to eat something. But, this eating and then an hour later I'm having that [I]starving[I] feeling; means that I'm either not eating good quality stuff or again it is "head hunger". Around 4:00 every afternoon, I'm starving and seem like there isn't anything that I would try to eat cuts it. We don't eat until 6:00 so it is one of those things that I'm having to cope with. This is rambling and I'm sorry. Just trying to wade through this so that I don't develop any habits that will get me on the road to regain.

JustWes: I'm kind of with you on the sweet stuff. I notice more and more if I don't eat a real proteiny breakfast then I'm more apt to try and nosh all day. My problem is trying to fiqure out if it is something food wise that is triggering my symptoms or is it emotional and either one has to be dealt with.
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote