Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 10-07-2008, 07:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 238.4/238.4/138

Height: 5' 6"

Default ..

Last edited by mellkirk; 09-26-2014 at 07:18 AM. Reason: ....
mellkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 08:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 137.5/136/120

Height: 5'1

Stay postive you can do it!!!!
jamer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 10:50 AM   #3  
Old Cackler

What a story!!!! and now look at you - focusing on your health and well-being. good for you!!!!

and we'll be with you every step of the way. keep us posted.

why did you decide on BayState Surgical? what impressed you about them? inquiring minds want to know - we all have to make the decision and knowing what goes into other folks' choices can help us all.
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 12:31 PM   #4  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

Good to meet you! This really is a great place for support and comradery!

Angela

Last edited by missangelaks; 10-07-2008 at 12:33 PM.
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 01:51 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 238.4/238.4/138

Height: 5' 6"

Baystate Surgical was not my first call. I contacted Pioneer Surgical and went to their seminar first. This was suppose to be a Weight Loss Seminar but it was clearly a lap band seminar. I am not saying there is anything wrong with Lap Band. Clearly it is a less risky, less invasive procedure that has worked for so many, but I wanted to be presented with ALL the options. I wanted to be told all the pros and all the cons of all the procedures and then have a team work with me to decide which was the best team for me. That was not the case with Pioneer Surgical. They only had lapbanders come talk to us (about 50 potential patients). The film that they showed was only about lap band. The comments they made about Gastric Bypass were 100% negative and a lot of the audience was asking about the Gastric Bypass. My real decision was because Dr. Fiallo was suppose to show up to tell us more and he never showed. What kind of office has their doctor be the speaker and he doesn't show. That was over 2 weeks ago. Their office has yet to call me to follow up or to make any appointments.

I brought my paperwork to Baystate and they called me within 1/2 hour after dropping it off and invited me to come to their lecture. And I just got off the phone with them, they have called me to set up my 1st appointment with the Nutritionalist. I go on Thursday.

I am so excited! Thank you for being so welcoming! its going to be a journey...but I am ready!

I just bought the book Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies! Now I will sit and read!
mellkirk is offline   Reply With Quote