Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2001, 02:09 PM   #31  

Hey everyone

Well, this weekend was a total failure as far as exercise goes, but I seem to have lost another pound anyway. Today, I have to meet with some people to work on a project for school, and then study for my midterm, so I wont be doing anything today either! Oh well, theres always tomorrow.
Old 10-28-2001, 05:44 PM   #32  
Michigan Old-Timer

Happy Sunday everyone! Hope all of you that needed to remembered to turn your clocks back. I just did the ones in my office, I had been off kilter all day.

My youngest was home from school this weekend. I bribed him with doing fondue for dinner. I know, very 70's! But the guys really enjoy that and it really makes for a leisurely dinner with lots of conversation so that was nice. I invited mom over for brunch today so that she could see him while he was home. Won't have him home again until Thanksgiving now.

It has been a terrible food week. Heck, 2 weeks. I am going to sit in front of the TV tonight and go through my recipes and pick out some stuff to make this week. Need some planning in my life to make this weightloss thing work. I know I should be starting over with my next meal, but I'm satisfied to say I'm starting again in the morning.

Kelly: So they convinced you to go out! Good for them. You're only away at college and can party like that once in your life. Make the most of it. * My oldest hates halloween. Always has. The only part he likes is the pumpkin seeds I make. Have you tried the rice bowls? I'll have to look up the brand name, but I bought them once. They're not bad and you just add water and microwave them. I'll get back to you with the particulars. And I'll have to brainstorm a little for some other ideas for you. Do you have a fridge/freezer in your room?

Mary: Another pound gone, and you thought you weren't doing well! * Fried Okra.....my favorite! You don't get much for I Tablespoon! The only place I can get it up here is Cracker Barrel. I try not to go there too often!

Krispy: Congrats on your pound! That's wonderful!

Guess I better go make some dinner. Don't know if I passed on this recipe before or not, but here it is:

Coca Cola Chicken

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 can diet Coke
1 cup Ketchup

Spray frying pan with cooking spray and brown chicken breasts on each side. In a small bowl mix can of diet Coke and ketchup. Pour over chicken in frying pan. Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes until chicken is cooked through and sauce has thickened.

Makes 4 servings: 4 WW points per serving

This sounds weird, but it is really good, and very, very simple.

Have a good night.

Errors, like straws, upon the surface flow; He who would search for pearls, must dive down below." - John Dryden
Old 10-28-2001, 05:54 PM   #33  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hey, I forgot. Did you ever wonder what the backside of a smiley face looks like? Well check it out below and then you will know!
Old 10-28-2001, 06:58 PM   #34  
You and Me in 2003

Ok Geri thats funny.
I need to try the coke chicken. I need new recipes. My son is working at night now so DH and I have the house to ourselves at night .

I did steaks on the forman grill tonight and rice a roni. I had a salad at lunch and a home made egg mcmuffin at breakfast.
Old 10-28-2001, 11:25 PM   #35  

Hi ladies!!

Krispy--congrats on the pound!

Geri---Yes, I have a fridge, but it is just a small one...and the freezer doesn't freeze(major, major liability, i can't even get healthy choice meals or anything!)

Guess that's all from me tonight...I slept 11 hours both nights this weekend, I think I'm getting sick!
Old 10-28-2001, 11:58 PM   #36  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey guys -

God I feel crappy - school and such. I haven't gained any weight...but I haven't lost anything in a couple weeks...:-( I need to find a time to start taking some more walks. I certainly do get a work out when I am at work...ugh...I have so many papers and stuff due in the next couple of weeks..maybe the stress will make me lose weight!!

-Mel
Old 10-29-2001, 07:36 PM   #37  

Hey guys

I didnt get to the gym today like I had planned, but I did go job hunting and stuff, so I ended up walking a lot. My weight is still coming down really steadily too: last week I was fluctuating between 215 and 210, but this week Im down to almost 205! Ive been losing really quickly it seems, but Im not complaining!

Hope everyones having a great day!
Old 10-31-2001, 07:02 PM   #38  
You and Me in 2003

Hi all Trick or Treat
Where are all of you?
Things are going pretty well but I have ate a few homemade cookies.
Old 11-04-2001, 09:44 AM   #39  
You and Me in 2003

Hey Guys where did you all go?

I lost another pound I'm at 218 now. 18 more to go til christmas. I hope I can do it. I sure have been craving fast food. But I am on a baked potato kick right now. So I guess thats not too bad.

D.H. and I went to see Thirteen Ghosts yesterday it was ok. Then we ate at Shoneys but I didn't eat any thing at lunch.

Can you beleive christmas is so close. I need to start shopping. I will have 52 hours at the library after this coming Friday. That will be my christmas money.

Well I'll go for now. Any new recipes.
Old 11-08-2001, 06:32 PM   #40  
You and Me in 2003

Ok guys where are you?
I went into town today and did a little shopping. I bought a pair of zip up jeans size 22 but I think I could have gotten in a 20 first pair of zip up jeans I've had in years and years. I also bought a pull over sweater and a cardigan sweater size 2x so I am seeing results.

Whats up with all of you?
I have finally started christmas shopping. well I'll check back later
Old 11-09-2001, 06:10 PM   #41  

Congratulations granny!

Well, I wont be on til Wednesday. I have a bit of a school break, and Im going to spend some time with my family.

I have my own little bit of good news though. I weighed myself this morning, and Im down to 200. Which means that by next week, I will most likely be in the 100s!!!!
Old 11-09-2001, 08:53 PM   #42  
You and Me in 2003

Good work Krispy. I'll be glad when I get to 200. I wonder where everyone is?
Closed Thread