Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-28-2006, 10:43 AM   #1  
"CROSS YOUR FINGERS"

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'8

Unhappy Need help with fat smash diet

Thanks

Last edited by JHMONTANO; 11-28-2006 at 04:27 PM. Reason: too agressive
JHMONTANO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 10:52 AM   #2  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

FIrst of all - goal by Jan would mean a 5lb a week loss. It's not safe to lose at such a rate. I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but setting unrealistic goals is the first trip-up IMHO.

If you wish to lose inches by Jan, and look toned and slimmer, lift weights, eat clean, do some cardio and the scales won't neccesarily reflect how good you look. There is more to life than the scale.

I'm sorry I don't know anything about Fat-Smash or any particular "diet" but if you eat healthily, cut out junk, move more, lift heavy things then you will be increasing your health AND look good. Who could want more.

Oh and if you really really REALLY want to lose 45lbs instantly - have a limb amputated... No really it's that easy. See, it's more about fat loss than weight loss. And to lose fat you need to eat less, move more and lift heavy weights.

You can do it! I have faith!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 11:07 AM   #3  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

Jessica, I have to point out, that patience is one of the foundations of long-term, successful weight loss. 5 days more will not kill you. You do not have to do EXACTLY that plan while waiting. Just work on eating healthier, or less, and drinking water. Start moving. It's that simple.

And your goal...it comes back to patience. You can't expect 45 lbs to fall off overnight. I'm 45 lbs away from my goal, but you know when my goal is to have it all off by? JUNE. Of 2007. Weight loss takes time, and it takes patience, and perseverance.

Perhaps you need to reevaluate the way you're looking at weight-loss, because your post made me think that you're more likely to try it for two or three weeks, not see the results you want, and give up. And that's not a fun thing to do.
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 11:11 AM   #4  
"CROSS YOUR FINGERS"

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'8

I am sorry I was not clear, 45lbs is my long term goal and only 15lbs is my short term goal.
JHMONTANO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 11:16 AM   #5  
Resident Witchling

S/C/G: 198/190/140

Height: 5'7"

Okay, that's a MUCH more attainable goal. Thanks for the clarification.

But what I said about patience still stands.
Nikaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 11:44 AM   #6  
Suz

S/C/G: 175/128/120

Height: 5'6"

Also - a subject line of "Please! Please! Help! Asap!!" is scary! Since you're new (welcome, by the way! ), you should probably know that a more specific subject line, such as "Need Help w/Fat Smash" will probably get more responses... and less panic! When I saw your subject line, I thought "Oh my gosh, this girl is desperate and going to kill herself or something!!"

Seriously, I'm not trying to gang up on you or anything - I just want you to have as positive an experience here as I have been having, and knowing little things like that will really help you get the most out of this group. This is a fine bunch of folks and an excellent resource.

BTW, if you're looking for a place to jump-start your road to healthier living and weight loss, there is a PERFECT group for you to join in "Chicks Up for a Challenge" - it's a "New Year/New You" challenge, with all of us setting mini-goals for January 1! Pop around and check it out.
RowdyBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 12:17 PM   #7  
a brave new me...

Hi Jessica, welcome! My first piece of advice is to reframe your thinking into long term, permanent changes. From my experience, wanting to lose weight quickly with a fast fix only means the person will give up before they reach their goal or gain it all back. As we all know, losing weight and keeping it off requires enormously difficult changes to our lifestyles, bodies, and most significantly our minds and emotional state. We literally have to transform who we are as a person... a painful, complex, and very rewarding process. This is not something that happens in a few weeks... heck I believe it is a neverending process over years. You can definitely lose 15 pounds by the end of Januay through dieting and exercise... whether you keep it off and make sustainable lifestyle changes is a very different question. There are many wonderful forums here and I am sure you will find a good group... definitely check out the challenge board as has been recommended. Good luck!
Sojourner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 01:03 PM   #8  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Hi Jessica!! :Welcome: I just want to say Hello and welcome!! Be patient. My advice: Start exercising 15-20 minutes to start with, but as the weeks go on add time to it. Try to do some toning exercises along with cardio. Walking is a great exercise!!! (especially in the beginning and if you don't belong to a gym) Start watching your calorie intake and portion sizes. Be aware of what you are eating! Drink plenty of water.

Take measurements. Don't only go by the scale because it can be hard if you don't lose. and remember YOU CAN DO IT!! It takes time and energy but YOU CAN!!!
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote