Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2001, 02:15 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

Thanks for the birthday wishes... I really didn't celebrate- I was too tired.

Deb- Vic and Gertie haven't made it here yet, I am getting worried about them! Glad you came aboard though. I don't seem to have time to do anything towards my "dieting"- I haven't gained or lost in 3 weeks so nothing to be happy or sad about! How are things? Chris doing alright? Yes pretty much same protocol... Post your food, vitamins, exercise

Vicki - Did you guys have a good weekend? Glad Nuke did good- Sky walked Precious yesterday - or should I say Precious walked Sky... that dog has more energy than I have ever seen in a living creature.

Donna - Husbands have a way of putting things don't they. but from the sounds of it your age and your attitude don't mesh so as long as you feel young- you can almost stay that way.

Hillary - Good luck with the bike- I would probably end up breaking something- not a option!

Well our weather is cooling off it is SO so SO nice.... lows in the 50's and highs in the mid 70's- I think I am going to try to get in a walk before I get the kids. I have got GOT to get back on track... I had Restaurant Mexican today bad bad bad bad bad!!!! I haven't been to a restaurant since March (other than Subway and Arby's) and I CAN NOT Start doing that again! I will have that 40 pounds back on in no time!~

I am making a goal for myself.... back to my good for me foods and back to exercising at least 3 times a week. Like to know when I am going to have time to exercise.....

Happy to have you all here!

Hugs to you!
Amy
176/145/130
Old 09-26-2001, 03:22 PM   #17  
Pending Email Confirmation

Wow, Hillary, if you draw an imaginary box with Millbranch, Brooks road, Winchester and Cazazza I would be in the center. I work on Lynnbrook for a big HVAC company (Heating and Air Conditioning). It is only about a block from that religious radio station. My grandson would fit right in at your house! My husband and I call him thomas the tornado. You should see my daughter's house, toys everywhere. Of course, I guess we have to take some responsibility as he is our only grandchild and his other grandparents (who are in their 60's and this is their only one too) live across the street from them! He is one spoiled little boy!

Not that this will help any of us, but for humor, but my daughter lost 40 lbs breast feeding. Now, my boobs could feed a third world but the milk done dried up years ago (24 to be exact!)

Anybody got a really good substitute (besides Iced tea and water) for soft drinks? I gotta cut these puppies cold turkey and I hate diet. I never have found something I like. Most crystal lite takes watery to me, but maybe there is a flavor I haven't tried? Any suggestions are great. I don't do coffee either. Pickey aren't I?

Hey, I guess I should find something to do this afternoon for work this afternoon as I do get paid. I was really busy this morning for the most part fielding calls for our project managers who are bidding on a University of Memphis job. Happy eating (or not eating depending on your point of view!) See uh, write, uh hear aw to heck with it. Have a good one. Donna
Old 09-26-2001, 10:36 PM   #18  

Good evening everyone!

Deb - I'm glad you found us! I hope Vic and Gertie do soon! Nuke did like the ride - he kept turning around so he could see everything that was going by.

Donna - Nuke is a Standard Schnauzer, so he's a medium sized dog, but he definitely lives up to his name - he has a very explosive personality! He is a year and half and our little baby. We don't have any human kids so he doesn't even have any competition. We'll see how he does when we get our next puppy. We are on the waiting list for the next litter - probably next year.

I drink juice. If you find a fruit juice that is 100% juice, then it counts as a fruit (1 serving per 8 oz). It will still have calories, but they will be much better for you. Juicy Juice berry is my favorite.

I can't do caffeine or artificial sweeteners - either one will give me a very painful headache so I learned to find other things to drink long ago.

I did good with eating today until dinner. We went out to eat - we do quite often and I've become pretty good about ordering healthy. Well, tonight the mozzarella sticks and the grilled ham & cheese was calling my name. Then, we had a waiter that we have gotten to know real well and he said he'd buy us dessert. I couldn't turn down a free dessert! So I ordered ice cream and caramel. I figured that would be the least painful in terms of fat and calories. Boy did it taste good!

Have a great day!

- Vicki
Old 09-27-2001, 10:10 AM   #19  

Vicki- Sounds like the dairy products conspired against you last night. I bet they stood around in the kitchen and said, "Hey, we have some chick out there refusing to eat us, let's get the waiter to help us out!" Today will be a great day for you I predict.

My girlfriend has 3 miniature schnauzers, Kayla, Ashley, and Lucy. They are her three children (hence the childlike names). Lucy was born with a hole in her little heart and had to have open heart surgery that cost them a bundle. She is doing great and she is best buds with Fortune.

Thanks for the drink tip by the way. I usually stick to water most of the time and tea for dinner meals or eating out. I just get tired of not having a variety.

EVERYBODY HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!!! Donna
Old 09-28-2001, 08:18 PM   #20  

Hey guys~

I have been dog sick this week and it is just getting worse. I am back on track where my diet is concerned. Drinking water and I actually walked 3 miles day before yesterday feeling like crap and all!

I just thought I would stop in and say hey! and wish everyone a great weekend! I have a family reunion and a birthday party to go to...

Hugs!
Amy
176/145/130

Happy Birthday Donna~~~~~~~~~
Old 10-01-2001, 01:05 PM   #21  

Angry

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaccccckkkkkkk!!

Hi guyz~
I found the joint!!! Whahoooo!!! ***Bye bye*** Ediets! I can now cancel them out!

I've been MIA too long to try and catch up to everyone so we'll start from today and get back in the swing of things as we go.. if that's alright???

It's a new month and I'm back for round two.. drop the next 20! I kinda got out of the dieting mode so I decided that was the first thing I had to start doing again.. well, second really.. first was to get back together with you guyz and get my motivation back!

I've been outta sorts the past few weeks and am now getting my balance back. I think we were all affected more then we realized. Anyhoo.. it's time to get back into the "lose groove"! I still want to fit into that dress by New Years Eve!

Exercise: 40 minutes
Water: 8 oz so far
Vitamins: Down

Breakfast: Oatmeal, 1 slicetoast, sunny D
Lunch: 1/2 PB&J sandwich, handful of baked tostitos, C. Edy's grand lite ice cream (cookies and cream)

I've gotten into the habit of taking baked fish to work at night.. hopefully that will help to start goosing the needle down again!

Amy, Deb, Deb.. I'm so glad you guys have hung in there and kept us together! We'll catch up!

I'm afraid to go back and check out the others as I'm not used to this thread yet.. but look forward to getting to know Hilary and bask o love3?

You all have a GREAT day!!!
Vic
Old 10-01-2001, 04:05 PM   #22  

Can't stay but a second but I just wanted to say YAHOOOOO

Vic- sweet heart we have misssssseddd you!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sorry so much has been going on with you- I am glad you finally made it here. Hope all works out with your nephew- I am praying for him and you! Will post later, I have a pharm test tomorrow that I have got to study for plus it is time to pick the younguns up from school- need to go to the grocery store- My kids (young and old) went through 5 gallons of milk last week, and I can't take my vitamins with out it!

Post soon

Hugs to all!

Amy
176/145/130
Old 10-01-2001, 05:10 PM   #23  

Angry HI guys!

Amy- Good luck on your test tomorrow. Don't study too hard it will put you off your game.

Vic- Nice to meet you! If you have to, start slow and work back up to speed. It takes major commitment to do this and sometimes we just don't have all we need. Am looking forward to talking with you.

Well, I started Sunday and am doing great so far. One thing about me is when I commit, I commit. I know it is hard to believe, but when I lost the 60 lbs 2 years ago, I did not cheat one time in about 8 months! This is probably a repeat so forgive me, but what caused my downfall backwards was my husband losing his job, and losing it and losing it, etc. for a year and a half and then he took a job that didn't pay enough to even meet the bills with a new company that only had six employees and he was one of them! He left that company and we moved because they were not doing too well and he was afraid it would happen again. The man is a 20 year Naval veteran and taking care of his family was of utmost importance so I had to deal with him feeling he was letting me down when it was never his fault. We thought a big city would do the trick but he was without a job for 5 months. Now he has a great job as do I and I can commit again!

I consumed 1200 calories yesterday and am starting very slow with exercise because I am about 20 lbs heavier than my highest weight now. I am doing fine today (except tinkling all the time because of the water increase), and walked about 1/4 mile during my lunch hour (but ended up with some calf cramps from starting out too fast) Like I said I commit and then I tend to push myself past what I should because my desire is so strong.

Just a side note to anybody who lives in the south (I think that is the only place this is sold) and likes yogurt (sic?). The Blue Bunny Lite 85 is really good. It is fat free/ sugar free/aspartame free and yummy and I am not a huge fan of yogurt. I especially like the tropical and the pina colada. It is only 80 calories and makes a great filler snack especially for someone like me who hates milk and needs to get dairy in without a bunch of fat.

Well, I think I went on and on enough. Have a good evening ladies and I will talk with you all later.

Donna
Old 10-02-2001, 03:59 PM   #24  

Tues:

Exercise: 30 minutes
Vitamin: Down
Water: working on...

Breakfast: Cinnamon Toast Crunch
Lunch: 1/2 PB&J Sand, WoW chips, 2 LF Oreos

Hello Friends~
It's nice to be back in somewhat of a routine! I've missed hanging out with you all! Things are starting to settle down a little bit. I'm still hiding my Nephew out in a Motel.. but he'll be back to work hopefully next week and will be self sufficient again soon. He's here now doing laundry and will smuggle him out of here on my way to work before the hubbygets home. It's beautiful out today!
hate to go to work and waste it but .. oh well.

Amy: What's up girlfriend! Sounds like you are hanging in there and holding your own! Not that I ever doubted that for a minute!
Thanks for missing me !! You always make me feel so good! I still don't understand why you keep "sweatin" yourself on them grades.. you know you're gonna ace everything you attempt! But I'm alot like you in that aspect.. a perfectionist! You shoot for the best and settle for nothing less.. but that's a good thing and it's helping you achieve all your goals! get it girl! Are you in them 8's yet???

Donna: Nice to meet you as well! . Thanks foir a little history on yourself! Sounds like things are working out well for you now. Good for you. It has to be tough starting over, but it sounds as if you have a good man that won't let you down! They are hard to come by these days. How much weight are you wanting to lose anyway? It seems as if you have the right frame of mind to make things happen for you this time.. and with great support.. how can you fail???

Deb: Where are ya girl?

Did we lose Gerti along the way? I canceled my EDiets today.. so I'm glad you found this place Amy! It's pretty ironic... there are 3 girls in my family, Deb 39, Vickie 38, and Donna 36... and here we have 2 Vickie's, a Deb and a Donna !! Like a little reunion!
Anyhoo... I better get ready for work!

You all have a great day!
Think Thin!
See you back here tomorrow~
Vic
186>>>165>>>138
Old 10-02-2001, 05:31 PM   #25  

Vic- I want to lose about 200lbs. It will happen and since I put it on over 35 years I can take it off in a couple don't ya think? I know that fads are not for me. I have to learn to eat correctly!

Gotta go it is almost time to close up shop. Will try to get out more tomorrow.

Weigh to go to all the losers and the ones that haven't but are still in the race. It will come!

Donna
Old 10-03-2001, 12:10 AM   #26  

Donna ~ you can do anything you set your mind to... I am a prime example of that! It just takes time...

Vic ~ I am managing... I made a 94 on my Pharm test today, I have a Care-plan due in the AM and then I have Patho test on Thursday and a take home Math exam due on Friday.... GRRRR Yes sweetie... I am in them 8's but take into reason that they are Ladies 8's not junior 8's I am shooting for junior 8's (what a joke)... and 8 isn't an 8 if you can't fit into to the smallest one! HEHE I realize that juniors are suppose to be smaller but I can barely squeeze into a junior 10 and ladies 8's are loose (explain the math there?) Well I am hoping for your sake that DH doesn't find out about Darling Nephew..... Lordy- I would not want to be in your shoes... Have you had your tube thingy done yet? Missed alot of time with you in the past month... catch us up!

Vicki ~ Where are you!!!!! We get one back the other goes AWOL!

Guys I got to hit the hay... Early morning clinical! Will post tomorrow... Diet is back on track! I think!

Hugs,
Amy
176/145/130
Old 10-03-2001, 10:08 AM   #27  

Amy- hurrah for you and your terrific test score. How much school do you have to finish. Is it med or nursing? Size 8 huh? Well, I think I remember that size when I was about 10 or so. lol I just keep plugging along and it will come off.

Hope everyone else is coming along fine too!

Gotta go just wanted to peek in and say HI! We had to go out to eat last night and I was really nervous especially since the dh wanted Olive Garden. I had no bread, one serving of salad and pasta with marinara. I was jazzed. I usually eat tons of bread sticks, salad and fettucine alfredo with grilled chicken. I figure since I didn't have any meat yesterday, the dressing and the 2 olives in the salad probably were ok. I am still sticking to 1200 cal a day

Donna
Old 10-04-2001, 09:30 AM   #28  

For some reason I don't get the login button at the bottom all the time, I've tried several times to post but I kept getting this message I'm not loggged in or not authorized.

Amy--Congrats on the Pharm test, you need to stop worrying so much as you always ace the tests. I know its easier said than done but we all have faith in ya and know you'll ace the tests and classes. Size 8 Juniors, huh??? boy if I could get into a 10 or 12 think I'd be happy even if it is a ladies. I'm sitting here typing this and I have like a dark plexiglass that separates my cube from the cube on the other side and I can see my spare tire and it is soooo
DISGUSTING and I know its all exercise. I tried the tae-bo on Sunday night and it was ok but he goes through the instructional tape with every move being on the right side and I was wondering about the left side but just as I was thinking this Billie Blanks made a statement that he wants you to get the technique down. I haven't had a chance to do it again since Sunday as I seem to be quite busy at night. Monday I took Chris to look for a stereo, he decided that with his bonus check he got from his job this summer he wanted to buy a stereo which is fine with me at least its not something junky he wants to spend the money on.
He did save all of his paychecks with the hopes of getting a car next year for his b-day. I had every intention of doing the tae-bo on Tuesday but I got a phone call from ex's girlfriend upset because he was mad at her for not being home at the time he wanted her home and he was working at his second job. Too long of a story to get into but I don't think they will make it. Last night I went to my little bar had a chopped antipasta salad with 3 Coors Lights and boy do I have a headache this morning. Oh well that's what I get!!!

Vic--Glad you're back, really missed ya. Hope hubby doesn't find out about your nephew. Will you tell hubby about nephew when he gets a job?? How are you doing otherwise, have you been back to the Dr. I sure hope we didn't lose Gertie, I sent her the email at the same time I did you and I haven't heard anything back. My hopes are that her son is doing ok. How's your little grandson doing by the way and oh yea how about your Mom how is she doing??

Food yesterday--

Breakfast--piece of entemann's crumb cake
coffee
some sliced cucumbers, didn't taste too hot

lunch-Chicken BLT salad from Wendy's w/blue cheese
25 oz water

dinner-chopped anti-pasta w/blue cheese
2 breadsticks
3 Coors Light Drafts

Today--
Breakfast - nothing yet just coffee

lunch--chopped antipasta w/blue cheese

Where's Vicki-MIA???

Hillary and Donna hope things are going well for you.

Deb
Old 10-04-2001, 11:45 AM   #29  

Good morning! Sorry - I've been crazy busy the past few days! Usually I still get time to get online every day, but I've been so tired that I just go straight to bed.

Donna - Sorry I missed your birthday! I hope you had a wonderful day!

Vic - Welcome! I'm glad you found your way over here. I was beginning to think you wouldn't. That's too weird - you need to adopt an Amy into your family now!

Why are you smuggling your nephew in and out? Why can't dh find out? I think I missed something here. Please fill me in...

Donna - Don't commit yourself too hard! You want to find something that you can maintain even through the bad times. It sounds like you are off to a great start.

Way to go at Olive Garden! I allow myself one piece of bread when we go there and then I make it last through the whole meal.

Amy - Congrats on the great score on your test! Good luck with the upcoming ones. Sorry about going AWOL! It certainly wasn't intentional. You are too funny - size 8 isn't good enough unless it's the smallest one, huh? You've come this far so I know you'll make those juniors.

I was excited since this week I got into my 16s for the first time in a very long time. The only bummer was that I thought they were my 18s so I thought I had grown because they were super tight. Then I saw my 18s on the floor and I started trying to dance a jig. That doesn't work so well when you have your bod crammed into a tight pair of pants. So I scraped them off and looked and yep, they were the 16s. Then I could dance a happy dance. My dog thought I was very strange, but then he joined in - jumping all over me!

OK, now to get back to posting my food -

yesterday:
breakfast - apple, banana, 1/2 cinnamon bagel with honey
lunch - leftover chimichanga with beef and chicken, roughly 1/2 cup
snack - fat free choc/vanilla pudding
dinner - Applebees stir fried chicken and veggies, 2 mozzarella sticks

exercise - lifted weights and stretched
water - 120 oz
vitamins - yes

I almost managed to not eat any mozzarella sticks last night, but my brother and hubby didn't eat them all, so they were just sitting there. I collapsed and ate them. I was still under 1600 cal & 37 fat according to fitday.com so yay!

Have a great day everyone!

- Vicki
Old 10-04-2001, 12:29 PM   #30  

Hey Guys I am only going to stay a second (I always say that) -

Vicki - you sound like me (hehe) with the incidence with DH's blue jean... you start to freak because the pants are too small and then you realize (oh my gosh!!!!!!!!! look what I did!) You are doing so great! I have been behaving but not necessarily on my BEST behavior... I have had a couple of pieces of cheese cake this week because my sister-in-law made it for my birthday... they b'day cake they got me and my other sis-in-law was chocolate with chocolate icing... (didn't go there- so I was proud of myself)... my DH's family takes every possible chance there is at having a party with food- I have to just say NO!

Deb - Hun don't get back into it with that girl~~~~ she is such a flake! You should tell her and him your just not getting involved this time... she probably called you just to make she he hadn't called! Did I say that? sorry! Chris sounds like such a good kid... I am going through the boundary testing phase with BOTH of mine... and DD has decided she is starting to go through puberty (at 8)Give me a break! IF life wasn't stressful enough!
She wants me to buy her a bra... MMMM what I have to look forward to... and the problem it isn't her brother pestering her its her Dad, he gets the biggest kick out of picking on her(it is funny and he always tells her later he is just picking) but will he ever grow up?

Vic - how goes it?

Donna - I have been dieting since last November, I don't know if I told you that or not (the rest of the girls except for maybe Vicki knows my story).. I am a recovering Bulimic, when I finally went to councelling which was for depression not my eating disorder - i was around 170 and then decided to not diet(healthy or not healthy until I had a firm grip on my problem) well I was up to close to 190 when I decided I couldn't get any better grip on anything and if I waited much longer I was going to be in for a bigger battle than I already was. Well at 190 I was pushing to the top of a size 14... I am 5'8 and carry weight pretty good. But when I decided to diet in November I was at 182 + the 6 pounds that my scale doesn't show I managed to get to 176 just not eating but then in March I decide to join E-diets (which is where I met all of these wonderful ladies) and I have managed to get down to 145 + the 6 pounds my scale doesn't show and I have done it for the most part healthy... I don't starve myself and I don't take anything but vitamins and I have only slipped into my Bad state of mind a couple of time...when I reallllly badly binged... I am trying to get down to 130 which these last 15 pounds have been a real pain but I am trying! The scale hasn't gone up or down much in the past month ... but I am holding strong~! Oh yeah I am in Nursing.... I have 4 1/2 semesters left..

Well girls I have to get off of here I have a Patho test this afternoon grrrr... it never ends... I have to get a shower and get dressed.

Will post to ya tonight!

Hugs,
Amy
176/145/130
Closed Thread