Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-24-2006, 06:28 PM   #1  
Believe and Achieve

S/C/G: 365/311/180

Talking Weeks of discouragement ending in Shock

Sorry guys for not posting here lately. The truth is, I went through three weeks of discouragement. I know, I should have come here to get advice but I was indeed in a depressive mood.

For the past three weeks my weight wasn't going anywhere. I continued to stay around 317 pounds. Yes, I lost my will power. I also lost some of that attitude that kept me going through this journey. I began to eat sweets again. Infact, this week I have eaten terribly. I began thinking over my life and getting depressed because my mind was telling me that I wasn't going to lose this weight. I was being lied to by my own mind and I listened to it. And so I started listening to my flesh and eating what it wanted not what I wanted. I began to think that my old self was returning.

But just a few days ago, something happened to me. I ignored those ignorant thoughts and said to myself "Christina, you have a choice, live the way you want to, or live the way your flesh wants to." I wanted to live a happy healthy life, but my flesh wanted the complete opposite. I had to completely change my way of thinking.

And so, I went to the very source of my existence. God. I asked Him to do the "heavylifting" on my journey. To help me when all seems to be failing. And I believe that indeed God has done that for me. He showed me that He wants me to be healthy and happy, and that He will help me if I continue to do my part.

For the last few days I have gotten back on track with my diet. Infact, it's only been three days since I've been back on track. I have been eating the way I'm supposed to.

This morning I woke up and started my regular routine then I remembered that today was my weigh-in day. I thought to myself "sigh, well, I know my weight hasn't gone anywhere because I haven't eaten right for the past week, but what the heck lets go check anyway." So, I went back to my bedroom, turned on the light, got the scale out and set it on the floor. "Well, here goes." With bare feet I stepped on the scale and looked down. I squinted my eyes. "Umm... wait a minute, let me try this again." I stepped off the scale for just a minute and stood back on it. "This can't be right." I stepped off the scale, picked it up and tapped the face of it. "It must be broken." I set it back on the floor and once again stepped back on the scale. "My eyes must be playing tricks on me. The arrow was on 317 but now it's on 309! Am I counting wrong?" I bent down and counted the little lines. "oh my goodness it is right. I lost eight pounds!"

Yes, that was the shock that ended a horrible week. I indeed lost eight pounds in just a few days. Could it have been God doing the "heavylifting"? Or was it just a Coincidence? I'll let you decide.

Christina

Last edited by butterfly_dreams; 09-24-2006 at 06:33 PM.
butterfly_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 06:47 PM   #2  
I'm a loser, baby!

S/C/G: 314/198/155

Height: 5'10"

I loved your story! Congrats on the awesome weightloss! That's great! Keep it up!
pgray1229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 07:03 PM   #3  
Coldblooded Thread Killa

Height: 5'3"

Oh, congratulations! And whatever did it, look upon it as the HUGE encouragement it is.
callystia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 07:40 PM   #4  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I've had those days of stepping on and off and re-stepping. I've even gone as far as changing the battery (digital scale) because I refused to believe what it told me. LOL
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 07:45 PM   #5  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Congratulations on the 8 lbs. lost and getting back on track. I'm glad you found the power and strength to recommit to losing the weight. So many times when I have attempted weight loss, I gave up after a short while. You are such an encouragement to others who are in this same struggle. I appreciate your posting this.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 09:20 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I really believe in listening to your body.. it knows what it needs!! For me, I've always always craved red meat! And recently I found out that while normally they say to stay away from it, it's very important in my diet for a variety of reasons. Keep listening to it, it's SO important!! Congrats on those 8 pounds

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 09:40 PM   #7  

Height: 5'8.5"

Christina, thanks so much for sharing! I too look to God as the main (actually only) source of my sustenance and strength to do what I do. What a neat praise for you to share His faithfulness to you (and maybe a touch of "mercy" ) when you were struggling. Keep it up! Great post!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 01:31 AM   #8  
Tryin'

Height: 5'3

you know, i had this same experience a couple of months ago. i went away for a week with not as much ability to control my diet or exercise. i came back thinking i would be the same weight at best. bu you know what? i was 4 or 5 pounds down. i don't understand it. maybe my body needed a break or cheat week. who knows. am trying not to use that as an excuse to continue that way! anyway...congratulations on your loss. sounds like you deserve that boost of confidence. woohoooo
train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 08:02 AM   #9  
Aleecia

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Christina I love reading your posts. Thanks for sharing.
Good for you for recommiting and coming back here to share your story.
Best of luck to you.
Angel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 08:54 AM   #10  
sli
On A Mission

S/C/G: 209/135/130

I also loved your story!!!!
Congrats and I am glad that you decided to return!
sli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 09:15 AM   #11  

Thanks for posting your story...Everyone needs to get back on board on the off times.....
Mainegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 04:24 PM   #12  
Believe and Achieve

S/C/G: 365/311/180

Thank ya'll very much and must I say "you're all very welcome." I love you all so much.
butterfly_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 04:18 AM   #13  
I'm on the wagon

S/C/G: 314/275.5/125

Height: short stuff

I liked your story. congrats on your loss and I'm happy for you!
Abbeycat36 is offline   Reply With Quote