Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-11-2006, 10:07 AM   #16  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

For my DH he didn't care how much I weighed. He may have been chasing me with a spatula then but I wasn't hard to catch. He can't keep up with me now. LOL
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 12:50 PM   #17  
sli
On A Mission

S/C/G: 209/135/130

This is such a fun idea. I will have to look for pictures.
sli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 02:33 PM   #18  
mostly harmless

Ha! I've got you all beat! I went to a Lord of the Rings convention in 2003, and I looked a mile wide in the outfit I made. Here's a picture of me fixing my son's name badge. He's dressed as Faramir, and I'm just a random hobbit lady.

another one... and I thought I looked like such a good hobbit! I even had hair glued on my feet!
I was in the 180's then.

edit: and for comparison, here's me last month on vacation.
I'm the one on the left at about 158 lbs.

Last edited by MariaOfColumbia; 09-11-2006 at 03:36 PM.
MariaOfColumbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 03:35 PM   #19  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Yeah, here's my comparison. That brown outfit above wouldn't look quite as bad at this point. The two or three extra spare tires around the middle are missing. LOL
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 03:48 PM   #20  
mostly harmless

So, is that pic from when you lost all the weight just before the pregnancy?
Old 09-11-2006, 07:51 PM   #21  

Height: 5'8.5"

LOL these are great! Thanks to everyone for catching the spirit of the fun in the thread! Almostheaven... WOW... you look fabulous!!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 11:16 PM   #22  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

The first pic was when I was stalled out somewhere between 150 and 170 pounds. The second pic was just 10 days before I got pregnant, just 5 pounds from my goal.

This one is probably closer to where I'm at right now. I'm able to wear those pants again. But some of the pants I'd last bought, I still can't wear. Well...I can. But they're way too tight.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 11:11 AM   #23  
mostly harmless

Oh, and I want to add, that I consider my hobbit outfit dreadful not really for how wide it made me look (after all, hobbits are supposed to be short and wide!) but because the vest (bodice?) I made to go with it kept curling up and showing the shirt at the waist band and I finally chucked it as a bad deal. And the plain yellow shirt with the skirt wasn't what I was trying for, but it was too late to make anything else to go with it. AND the apron I made to go with it wrinkled terribly and looked awful so I didn't wear that, either. The resulting outfit was pretty bad, compared to what I wanted it to look like.

But the convention was fun anyway!
Old 09-12-2006, 11:22 AM   #24  
I restore Teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaOfColumbia View Post
Oh, and I want to add, that I consider my hobbit outfit dreadful not really for how wide it made me look (after all, hobbits are supposed to be short and wide!) but because the vest (bodice?) I made to go with it kept curling up and showing the shirt at the waist band and I finally chucked it as a bad deal. And the plain yellow shirt with the skirt wasn't what I was trying for, but it was too late to make anything else to go with it. AND the apron I made to go with it wrinkled terribly and looked awful so I didn't wear that, either. The resulting outfit was pretty bad, compared to what I wanted it to look like.

But the convention was fun anyway!
You know Maria, I never knew 30 lbs made much of a difference, but clearly it made a HUGE difference on you. Are you short? (not hobbit height, but really)
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 11:53 AM   #25  
hara hachi bu

Misti, great thread idea! I love this! I was very resourceful in avoiding all cameras at my highest weight, so I have very few dreadful-outfit photos. I will try to drum one up soon, though!
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 01:29 PM   #26  
Fat to PHAT!!

S/C/G: 255/234/155

Height: 5'7"

Well, this thread is lots of fun and to see the successes floating all around this forum is so inspiring!! I am not ready to post mine yet...I have only lost 20 pounds so far and I am worried that they won't be as prominent as I FEEL like they are right now! I do plan on a New Years pic though, I will post it then!!

Great idea and thanks so much to you all for sharing!!!
TiredofWeightin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 04:59 PM   #27  
mostly harmless

Veggielover,
I'm not so terribly short at 5'5", it's just that the rest of my family is quite tall. The reason I look SO wide in that outfit is that my weight mostly goes onto my hips and butt, so I used to make sure that whatever shirt I wore fit loosely so one couldn't tell how much bigger my bottom half was than my top half! So, in order to have the skirt fit loosely, it had to be pretty big, and then I had to make the shirt equally big.

I've still got 15 or 20 lbs to go to get down to the body fat percentage that I want, but my pant size has dropped from a size 18 to a size 12 already and I can squeeze into a 10 for a few minutes. And since my butt is so much smaller, I can wear smaller tops again, because I don't look so weirdly out of proportion.

Did that make sense? I thought it was better to look proportional than to get into the smallest size I could. edit- so that meant having it look like my top half was heavier than I really was.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:42 PM   #28  

Height: 5'8.5"

LOL glad everyone is having fun with it! I too avoided the cameras at my highest weight... and actually I have a few far worse pix than the one I posted here.

Kel, not to worry... everyone is a bit hesitant to post photos and stuff at first. At first there was NO WAY I would post my weight or my pictures... but after a while I started feeling the "air" of this place and realized that so many are in the same boat and it helps to be able to laugh about it and cheer each other on! Glad you are here!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote