Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-28-2006, 01:57 AM   #1  
I will not fail!

S/C/G: 282/272/180

Height: 5' 10"

Question Will I ever see myself thin?

Ok...I dont know if anyone else has this problem but since losing my weight I still see myself as fat as I used to be. It really upsets my husband and he just doesnt understand why I am not happy with what I look like now. He likes women alittle on the chunky side and is happy with what I am now but wouldnt mind we being smaller either. But anyway that's off the subject. I'm always looking at women and comparing myself. My husband will look at a women I think is thin and say something along the lines about how big her butt is or her stomach is too big to wear that kind of shirt. I'll think to myself, that Im bigger then she is. So I'll ask him. He swears that Im smaller and gets upset that I dont belive him. So I guess my point or question is will I ever see myself thin? Will I keep losing weight and still see myself at 263 pounds?
Jtjoray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 02:00 AM   #2  
back at it

S/C/G: 178/175/145

Height: 5'8"

i totally do the same thing. the only time i can actually tell is when i look at comparison pictures. maybe that will help when you feel like you aren't thin, just pull out some old and new pics?
denice81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 02:07 AM   #3  

I really don't see much difference in myself either. Logically, I know I look different. People tell me I do. I wear smaller clothes now. But to my eyes, I look the same.

For me, the best way to handle this was just to accept it. So, I look the same to myself. But I certainly don't feel the same. For me, that is enough. I am curious if I will see a change as I get closer to goal. But even if I don't, the other things that are different will be enough.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 04:06 AM   #4  

I was just thinking about this over the weekend. When I was 262lbs there wasn't any part of my body I didn't like. Well, by that I mean that I didn't dislike any part of my body more than any other.

Now I feel ever so self concious of my stomach and my thighs. They are smaller than before, but because other parts of me have slimmed down quicker, I feel out of proportion and bigger than I did before.

The head stuff of losing weight is harder to deal with than the actual mechanics of weight loss, well it is for me. When I go to the gym now I feel even more self concious of how I look than I did when I was big.

Sigh.

I think our heads will always be inclined to be morbidly obese, and its up to us to continually check our thinking to remind ourselves of the reality, that we are works in progress, and that we are becoming slimmer, regardless of what our heads tell us.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 08:53 AM   #5  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

I can really relate to what you are saying! I have lost 62 pounds so far and got into my healthy weight range and still pick myself apart in the mirror. I was just talking with my husband about this though because I get really red when someone who has not seen me in awhile sees me and is like oh my goodness you look so good. I know that I am thinner because when I started I was in a size 18 jeans and now am in a 8 but still see myself as heavy. I do believe it is in our heads though and we are just so used to looking in the mirror and seeing a heavy person that it is going to take time to see the healthy women we are becoming. I try and work on this daily but it continues to be a struggle. I just tell myself I am healthier and doing the right thing.
Tina30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 10:54 AM   #6  

Hey, I'm glad you posted this. I have been feeling the same way!! My parents and friends have all been saying lately "your looking so skinny!" and you know other stuff like that. And I just SQUIRM !!! I want to say thank you and be polite, but all I can think is , oh your just being nice, or yeah right, I just saw myself in the mirror, uhg.

My best friend and mom weight quite a bit more than me, but they have this crazy confidance, they will go to the beach and wear bathing suits, and just don't care. When I tell them that I don't feel comfortable they tell me that THEY just don't give a crap, that they don't care what other people think, and that they just want to have a good time and are not going to worry about it. I don't have that gene!! And honestly I am a little scared that when I get to my goal weight that I still won't be able to go to the beach, and I really want to go! AHHHH,

Ok, so I have been no help to you at all, but at least you know that you are not alone, Good job by the way, you should be so proud of yourself and the progress you have made so far. One thing that I do feel diffent about, and maybe you do to, is the way I physically feel. I do feel way better, not breathing hard when I walk and crap like that. So maybe we can at least focus on that, it is something positive and concrete. Go us !! Keep up the work girl !!!!
lindystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 11:27 AM   #7  

S/C/G: Size 24/Size 20/Size 8

Height: 5'7"

If you have a digital camera, try having your boyfriend take photos of you every day for a while, and look at them. There is something about looking at yourself in a photo that is less distorting than looking at yourself in a mirror.
fiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 12:44 PM   #8  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Its so hard and yes I understand what you mean. I worry about the size of my thighs and my rear and I really think I so cannot see the progress that has been made. Taking my own measurements help me to feel the weight I am...if I know I have lost 3 inches off my rear then even though I cannot see it, the results must be true right? Maybe try that...
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote