Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-07-2006, 03:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 180.5/157.5/145

Default 100 days--The "This is not a challenge" Challenge

Last night as dh and I were watching Celebrity Fit Club, the drill sergeant guy (whose name I can't remember now) told one of the contestants, "In the next 100 days...blahblahblah". When he said that, I .

I'm really bad about "challenges". I don't know if I'm too competitive or not competitive enough, but when I see everyone else losing like gangbusters while I'm struggling, I get discouraged and quit. However, I thought I might be able to do something one day at a time for 100 days, which seems a lot easier than 14 weeks or almost four months.

100 days from today is November 14.

Today is day one. Anybody want to start with me?
kateful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 04:32 PM   #2  
Started again Aug 21, 09

S/C/G: 237/204/165

Height: 5'9"

I'm with you. I was on 3FC at the beginning of the year and did the Valentines challenge which I failed miserably at. In the middle of that, I had another poster who was losing at about the same rate I was say "lets race to onederland". I dunno what happened, but I pretty much quit that very day. I vowed when I came back not to do challenges - at least not scale related ones - because they just seem to mess with my head.

So with that in mind, for the next 100 days, I challenge myself to be faithful about entering my food into FitDay. I further challenge myself to read and offer encouragement to my fellow chicks through commenting on the journals at least 5 times a week.

Who's next?
tinabinab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 05:46 PM   #3  

Great!

For the next 100 days, I will:

*maintain an average caloric intake of 1600 calories per day
*maintain an average of 6 superfoods in my daily menus
*accomplish some intentional physical activity at least 3 days per week

I'm not going to be on a "diet" or "exercise program". I'm just going to try to be healthier for the next 100 days. If I've lost any weight at the end, that will be gravy.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:00 PM   #4  

I'm with ya!!!! My goal for the next 100 days is to be consistent with exercise and eating healthy. I want to be able to say no to anything that's junk!

HW: 252lbs
CW: 246lbs
GW1: 221lbs.

Let's do it!!!!
cocoa_butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 07:01 PM   #5  
chela

S/C/G: 217/209/130

Height: 5'0"

I watch that show and his name is harvey I was thinking of doing the same thing. so count me in 100 days start today. august 7 see you in 3 1/2 months. good luck to everyone.
chela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 07:27 PM   #6  
really4real

S/C/G: 274/236/188

Height: 5'1"

Count me in! The plan is to stay focused and work hard, especially with my exercise. It's one of my biggest challenges.

Lookout, November 14!
starchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 07:56 PM   #7  

Today's calories: 1570
Today's SuperFoods: 10
Exercise: None yet, but I did walk for 1.25 hours yesterday. Maybe some basketball later.

So far, so good.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:10 PM   #8  

I was watching and thinking the same thing, so count me in! I'm not going to count calories, but I'm going to eat ONLY natural foods (veggies, lean meats, fruit) and step up my exercise program. So far today I've had 5 Superfoods (it's only 5pm, no dinner yet) and I've done 1 workout and spent 3 hours doing play therapy with kids. There's another workout coming this evening, and I'll get at least 5 Superfoods with dinner.
mousie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 08:27 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 192/186/155

Height: 5'9"

I am in! I just started so this will be a good measurement for me of steady progress. I lost 20 lbs. before at the rate of .5 to 1 lb. a week and it stayed off for well over a year. I let it slowly creep back up. Sound familiar? The ONLY diet that has EVER, EVER worked for me was eating what I want (how I normally eat) and using Fitday to control portions. Ultimately, I think it is the only way any of us have a chance to keep the weight off. If we eat crazy foods, super low calories, or 50 glasses of water a day, that might take the weight off in the short-term, but it makes for misery tomorrow when the weight comes back with a vengeance. Slow and steady wins the course.
EverHopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 08:36 PM   #10  
No description available.

Count me in! For the next hundred days, I will focus on CLEAN EATS and continuing CONSISTENT exercise.

Clean eats and a walk tonight, running and kick cardio tomorrow (with more clean eats).

100 days...What a lovely round number to consider!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 09:28 PM   #11  

Oooh, a challenge that doesn't have numbers attatched. I will stick to my healthy eating habits, average 1800 calories and ingrain those habits so they stick like glue.
joyofsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 09:35 PM   #12  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

Hummpfff! Mah name is HARVEY, and ahm here ta MAKE YOU MOVE YOUR FAT ***... Humpfff! Ah can lose 2 pounds on the TOILET!!! Hummpfff!!!
(Gotta love Mia Tyler from the first season, and her impression of HARVEY the fitness trainer!!!!)
ANYWAYS, A NON-SCALE challenge is fantastic -- I pledge to:
1. Stick to my eating plan.
2. Exercise at least every second day.
3. POSITIVE self-talk DAILY!!!
Thanks for starting the thread!
freiamaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 09:36 PM   #13  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

I will be in too .. my biggest thing is getting exercise and enough water .. soooo .. my goal is to get on the flyer EVERY DAY for at least 5 minutes, and drink 2 litres of water a day .. (very hard for me ..cos I have never been a big drinker).

I have already got a goal of losing 40lbs by Xmas so this will motivate me to balance it out with other things

Im off to get on the Flyer! lol ..
Nightkatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 09:43 AM   #14  
~sexy chicka~

S/C/G: 265/185/165 5'5"

Can someone post a list (or link to one) of those superfoods - I can't seem to remember what they are, which means I definately need to eat a few of 'em
Cardiomonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 10:04 AM   #15  

Cardiomonster--we have a whole part of the forum now! Come on over here and check us out! Nelie has posted a list of Superfoods, and it's in a sticky at the top. Join us!
mousie is offline   Reply With Quote