Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-01-2006, 02:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/137/130

Default need help so confused

Hi, I need some dieting assistance. My dieting history is long. I started WW back in 2000 and stopped in 2003. I started reading about the SBD in 2003 and did that until 2005. I have been going back and forth between the two and can't make up my mind.

I like the SB because the results are quick and if i eat something that should be avoided, then i would just go right back to the healthy way of eating. However, now i like eating all types of food but have a problem with the moderation stuff. WW is great too, but i get carried away with thinking about points all day long.

Has anyone ever been in this situation?

Sorry for the rambling

Danielle
Dritter79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 02:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Shoot on over to the Whole Foods Lifestyle section and read about that and Super Foods. It's a lot of what you CAN and SHOULD have rather than what you CAN'T have. We look at the overall healthy quality of the foods we eat (little or nothing processed) and we all know that what we're doing is improving our health as well as helping us lose a few pounds. A lot of us eat these healthy foods and watch our calories as well as the percentages of protein, carbs and fats (easily done with FitDay).
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 03:47 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 183/178/138

Height: 5'5"

I did ww from 2002-2003 and lost 35 lbs and gained it all back plus 10! I just started to actively lose wt again. WW was tiresome for me too because of the pts. I thought MORE about food than BEFORE and that is a problem. By the time I met goal I was so sick of pts that I gave up! If you like WW and the support and the weigh-ins I suggest the Core Plan. Just LOAD the kitchen with everything you like on the lists (tough with kids and sig. others though) and you may find it easier. Reading Dr Schwarzbein can also help with understanding the core plan better since it is similar.

I will trot on over to the Whole Foods Lifestyle section now as mentioned above! Sounds like its on the same track too!

Stick with it! We can do this!

Jess
squishy1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 04:03 PM   #4  

Anyone who isn't trying to feed core foods to kids and significant others is doing them a real disservice. Why don't they deserve to be healthy and free from weight problems all their life. With kids, it's teaching them proper eating habits while they are young. I never could understand mothers who complained because the kids ate their good foods and snacks.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 07:14 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Just a quick thought. There are lots of reasons to go with different plans, but if one of the only reasons you are choosing SB is because it's "quick" then you could have problems in the long run. So many of us choose quick but then don't learn how to maintain that loss (which is a LONG time we hope)

I would urge you to look at the bigger picture and pick a plan you can do (or tweak) for life! If you like aspects of different plans, you can customize, combine, etc. It has to work for you for life!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote