Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-14-2006, 01:46 PM   #1  
Want them Muscles!

S/C/G: 135/129/120

Default Feel like eating THE WORLD!!!

UGH!! I don't know what is wrong with me. I am sooo irritable and I have these massive cravings that I just cannot shake. All I want to eat is fast food and chocolate and cheesecake and cookies....ugh!!! yesterday I gave in and ate Burger king and had cheese cake...I was nursing a hangover but thats no excuse Man i don't know whats up! it not my TOM I am not really stressed but for some reason all I want to do is eat. I haven't workout in 2 days...ugh!
well just needed to vent and figured that coming on here will help stop me in my tracks...
fitgal2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 01:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Something's ringing a bell about post alcohol causing a blood sugar dip ... maybe you're carb craving. I wonder what you'd find if you googled something like that.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 01:52 PM   #3  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

YES!!! The same thing happens to me if I drink... all I want is BADDDD food! And maybe you just needed a little break .
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 02:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/166.8/160

Height: 5'10

I actually have given up drinking (semi given up honestly ) because I just can't seem to stay away from the greasy food the next day.

I get massive cravings for fast food, pizza etc. when I think about how good I've been eating lately and start thinking about how i DESERVE to have a whole day of those things I never get to have...

Turns out badly !

So, I've just started having a 'fall off the wagon' meal every other week. I've found it helps with the cravings if I don't have to dwell on never being able to have bad food again.

Hope you enjoye your BK, we all deserve a little something to help get us through the hangover.

I think making yourself do a little exercise will help a lot. I know I look down at the calorie counter on the machine, and go ALL THAT FOR JUST 300 calories!!!! Well screw pizza tonight... I'm going home and eating a carrot.
AmberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 02:24 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/204/170

Height: 5'6

I fell of the wagon yesterday. I’ve been craving Ben and Jerry’s Everything But The for weeks! Every time I’m at the grocery store I stare at it just to torture myself! Finally yesterday I gave in. I bought it with the caveat that I would only eat 1 serving. Well afterwards I felt guilty for eating it..and then I thought “well…when I eat it Wednesday night I’ll feel guilty..and when I eat it Thursday night I will feel guilty…so why not just eat the whole thing now and get it out of the way!!” I reasoned with myself that if I got my craving out of the way, I could focus on feeling good about my eating habits the rest of the week. Don’t know if that’s good reasoning or bad though…but at least today I can feel happy with my food choices.
Allikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 02:37 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 288/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

I am having that craving right now....all kinds of things were running through my mind...crunchy shrimp rolls (YUM), a cheeseburger with coleslaw from Sonic (double yum)....chick fil a sandwiches.... I MADE myself go make my lunch (lean cuisine) PLUS I went ahead and ate my pumpkin muffin (which would have been my afternoon snack. Sometimes I feel like I want the bad stuff when I am not totally full like I used to be in the "I didn't care what I ate days..."
I know this is supposed to be a lifestyle change - it's just so weird to go without good ol southern food - MAYO, fried foods, the good stuff.
Words of wisdom?
piperboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 03:16 PM   #7  
my baby with bubbles

S/C/G: 180/152/140

Well I can do really good if I am on my own for lunch, or if we bring lunches to work, but I am easily swayed to go to dairy queen. and I can't eat there unless I get the double cheeseburger and fries! But you know after watching the news, that double cheeseburger is better for me than a couple pieces of chicken from KFC!

I just have to learn how to say no, to going out for lunch.

I know for dinner I am having a big juicy sandwich with lettuce and tomatoes and honey mustard and ham, turkey. my mouth is already watering for it. I watched as my husband unpacked the groceries he bought last night, and I drooled. I wanted one then but knew that I also wanted to go to bed so I drank some water and hit the sack. I can't wait to get home tonight!
40poundsago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 03:22 PM   #8  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

I've read.. I believe in one of the Bob Greene books.. that alcohol is an appetite stimulant.. and I think it has that effect on me for sure! Although, usually it makes me want to eat shortly after drinking.. it could just be hitting you a little later?
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 05:18 PM   #9  
Want them Muscles!

S/C/G: 135/129/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40poundsago
I know for dinner I am having a big juicy sandwich with lettuce and tomatoes and honey mustard and ham, turkey. my mouth is already watering for it.
My mouth started watering too when I read that!!! then it hit me...if we really think about it, what SOUNDS better and make us drool a "big juicy sandwich with lettuce and tomatoes and honey mustard and ham, turkey or a McD's fried in fattening oil chicken burger with way to salty fries...
I pick (a) (lol)
fitgal2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 05:41 PM   #10  

Tonight is our "cheat night" which we do once a week..yes, we should have cheat night once a month, but we aren't like that. We are lame & weak, we know. But it's all good--we don't feel deprived this way.

So, we are having take-out Chinese tonight. Usually our cheat night is a thin crust pizza and I eat a couple of pieces with a big ol' salad. I have been craving Chinese food since about January. So I am having wonton soup with these big fat pink shrimp in it, and then I am having 4 bite size pieces of sesame chicken. And then I am having 1/2 cup of steamed white rice. And then I am having about a cup of chow mein, no noodles.

It's sad when you can't even cheat correctly. A cheat should be like a pound of fried rice and another pound of General Tso's chicken and three egg rolls.

But I think if I went on my Fit Day and had to enter all that, my computer would explode in my face, so I when I cheat I try to do it ....within reason. Fit Day is a very harsh and unforgiving supervisor, so I have already entered my Chinese dinner in there that I am having tonight, so I HAVE to stick to it. (it would be too much of a pain in the butt to have to go in and change it all tomorrow morning.)
mudbugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 06:44 PM   #11  

light exercise always helps after the drinking sprees!
willmakeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 07:34 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I have to say that heavy drinking (which also packs a zillion calories) also makes me want bad, greasy food as well. Part of this is because food absorbs some of the alcohol from your system (carbs and grease tend to work best...), part because of the lack of judgement alcohol gives you, and part because of the blood sugar drips.

If I drink-I have a small glass of light wine, or so forth. I no longer "get drunk" because it is a double calorie punch for me-the booze, and the food during and afterwards. I also feel so bad I tend to not exercise the next day-and for me, the triple bad result isn't worth it.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 08:20 AM   #13  

Height: 5'8.5"

Oh all of you are making me SO glad that I hate the taste of alcohol.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 08:36 AM   #14  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Yeah I feel soooooooo virtuous that I'm T-total
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote