Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-02-2006, 06:55 PM   #1  
I will not fail!

S/C/G: 282/272/180

Height: 5' 10"

Cool Feeling FAT!

Ive been really down these last 2 weeks. I know Im doing a great job, and everyone is always telling me how great I look. But Im getting to a point now where I forget how big I used to be and I feel just as fat as I was at 263. Im just feeling like a big blob lately...I dont want to eat right and I dont want to exercise...although Im still doing both. UGH! I just needed to vent.
Jtjoray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 07:01 PM   #2  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi and good luck. I still have days when I feel very fat. I don't feel like dieting and exercising either but I keep doing it because I know it works. You have lost a lot of weight and are doing fantastic. Sometimes, our minds can't keep up with the changes in our bodies. I don't think of myself as thin and I'm almost to goal. Everyone else tells me I have lost enough weight but I don't see it. I am hoping that once I hit goal and maintain the same weight for a while that my self-image will start to improve. Best wishes to you.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 08:09 PM   #3  

Height: 5'3"

I know exactly what you mean. I still look in the mirror and sometimes all I see is a fat blob. It is hard but I just have to remind myself how far I have came and how great I feel now.

Keep up your head up, you have done such a great job so far!
Nevaeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 08:40 PM   #4  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

You have lost nearly 60 lbs.!!!! That is a great achievement. Everybody gets a bit frustrated from time to time. The important thing is to shake it off and make sure you stay on track. It's times like this that it's easy to just throw in the towel and start regaining . You know by now how hard it is to lose just one pound - yet we can gain the weight back so fast .

Maybe you should do something nice for yourself - get a manicure or try a new hairstyle and makeup. You might want to try some different foods that you haven't had before or do some different type of exercise if you're getting bored with your routine.

Sometimes I try on one of my old pair of size 22 pants to remind myself that I've really come a long way.

Hang in there - you can do it!
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 09:05 PM   #5  

I'm kinda of in the same place you are. We've both lost about the same amount of weight. I've been really stuck. I haven't lost for a month and this last week I actually gained 2 pounds.

We just have to stick with it. Remember that you're in this for the long term!
Valerie Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 11:51 PM   #6  
Going goal.

S/C/G: 316/ticker/140

Height: 5'6" & 3/4"

When I was in the 230s I felt SO fat, just as I did when I was 273.. then I got down to the 200s and I felt good and didn't think I was SO fat until today when I tried on some stretchy 12s and 13s (which fit) and it doesn't seem like I would but for some reason I feel SO fat again. I've been seeing the 200s for a while now and I think after seeing those same numbers for this long.. my mind just tries to make me believe I am still as big as I was, though I can look in the mirror and it's not true.

It's just weird!
pixiefalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 02:01 AM   #7  
I will not fail!

S/C/G: 282/272/180

Height: 5' 10"

Totally understand Pixie. It's so annoying. I think my mind is trying to trick me into giving up. But Im not going to so it just needs to knock it off! Lol. Thanks for the support guys.
Jtjoray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 02:06 AM   #8  
Going goal.

S/C/G: 316/ticker/140

Height: 5'6" & 3/4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtjoray
Totally understand Pixie. It's so annoying. I think my mind is trying to trick me into giving up. But Im not going to so it just needs to knock it off! Lol. Thanks for the support guys.
I agree, it needs to knock it off. I love the support here because with acknowledging our struggles we know we aren't alone. We'll make it to onederland soon!
pixiefalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 03:53 AM   #9  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

I think everyone has days when they think they are huge. Its difficult to remember when I was larger, I mean I feel exactly the same thoughts when I look in the mirror as I did then. Roll on 147lbs Determination will get you everywhere.
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 08:32 AM   #10  
Want them Muscles!

S/C/G: 135/129/120

its soooo frustrating!

Sometimes when I feel like this (even at 130 i still have these days) I say to myself, "I am taking a week off" from exercising and I am going to eat "somewhat" healthy, usually when I give myself PERMISION to slack off, I do it for a day or two then I am WANTING to get back on track...you sort of TRICK your mind into doing what you want.
I dunno I find that it helps...but I don't let it last more than a week
fitgal2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 08:37 AM   #11  

Height: 5'8.5"

Yah I sure know what you mean too! I have been feeling that way lately and even though I lost two pounds on the cruise have been feeling that I probably won't lose any more etc. LOL well I did lose another two pounds this week but I feel sooooooooo fat. But remember... our weight loss is not based on our feelings but on what we DO even if we don't FEEL like it. Keep eating right and exercising and it WILL keep happening for us!!! Hang in there!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 09:33 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 250/184.4/146

Height: 5'2"

Yes, like the others you have good days and bad days. At one time I was at 330 and had by-pass and lost 170lbs. Even after I lost I still felt for a long time that I was as big and fat as ever. It takes a long time to change our self images. I think making a mental image of the person we want to be and who is going to be with us and things we are going to be doing when we reach that goal helps us to stay focused. I do believe that we need to take a holiday every now and then, but not to stay on the holiday and get back on tracked.
The ideas of doing something nice for yourself sounded great. A manicure or pedicure or getting your hair styled, or a facial or a massage would be wonderful and help you to get to feeling better about yourself.
Also maybe trying a different exercise routine would be good to change your motivation on your exercise.
Anyway, much luck to you and congratulations on your tremendous successes so far!
exquisitern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 09:34 AM   #13  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

I think most of us think we are fat no matter what the scale says, LOL I can remember getting down to 117 lbs about 10 years ago (pre second husband).
I thought I was sooo fat. Now fast forward 10 years and I'm at 182 and once again moving slowly down the scale, I still think I am just as fat now(even though I am way bigger than then!) It seems to be some kind of mind games we play on ourselves
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 09:36 AM   #14  

Sending hugs!
2CMEAGAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 03:26 PM   #15  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

I get that feeling especially around TOM. Just take a look at old pics when you were heavier and that will prove to you how far you've come. Congrats on 60 lbs! You are almost in Wonderland, it's just on the horizon, how cool is that!!
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote