Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-28-2006, 11:33 PM   #1  

Default An Open Letter about the Weigh In Thread

Mods, this isn't it! I'm not posting my weight here, nor inviting anyone else to do so. Nope, I know that this isn't welcome in this section of the forum, and though I disagree with you position, I respect your right to enforce whatever rules you deem necessary.

That said, I would like point out when the general weekly weigh in thread was allowed in the support forum, it was very popular and would routinely grow to two or three pages. Last week when I posted in the support groups thread, I got a total of two responses. I would be willing to accept that perhaps people are growing tired of them and it's time to let them die, save for the fact that I've gotten more PM's about the threads then I had responses to last week's post. I think it is clear that people are simply having a hard time finding our new home.

Again, I understand that it is your right to simply say "tough patatooties" and leave it at that. However, I respectfully ask if I might try to save this weekly posting that several members are expressing an interest in. I will continue to do the weekly post, in the support groups forums as directed. However, would it be acceptable for me to also post a "Where has it gone" pointer thread in this forum until people know where to look for it? I hope we can work together to find a solution that is best for all members of this board.

To all those that asked: I didn't post the thread this week because frankly I was feeling a more than a bit discouraged at the forced move and just, well, didn't start one this week out of a sense of childish peevishness. I am truly sorry for this lapse, and I hope it hasn't caused anyone any undo stress.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 11:41 PM   #2  
Domestic Engineer

Just my 2 cents as an observer...
The weigh-in thread seems so much more about general support than being a part of a "group". I think all the groups over there probably have their own weigh-in type threads or whatever. I'm confused as to why it was moved --
jelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 11:55 PM   #3  
Going goal.

S/C/G: 316/ticker/140

Height: 5'6" & 3/4"

I posted in it last week after I found it... it was moved to "support" after they made the new changes to the layout (I'm guessing it was under "support groups" before then?). It's grown to a page or two but at first no one knew where to find it and such.
pixiefalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 12:16 AM   #4  

Question Tealeaf

Hi
I'm New To This Site And I'm Interested In The Support Grp You Mentioned.could You Please Tell Me How To Go About Getting To It? Your Weight Loss Is Great!! Keep It Up. I'm Having A Hard Time Getting Past Lunch Without Falling Off The Wagon,and I Fall Hard.i Don't Know Where To Look If You Answer So If You Don't Mind You'll Need To Guide Me. Your An Inspiration!!!! Tell Me How You've Been Loosing Your Weight.
Thank You Ssoooooo Much,
Demo Diva
DemoDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 12:26 AM   #5  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

I couldn't find it, and was looking for it...I was sad to think it was gone! I would prefer that it be here in this section of the forum...but whatever, I guess!
I guess I'll look for it elsewhere from now on....thanks for posting it though, I look forward to it every Friday!
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 12:32 AM   #6  

Yep, it was under support groups which is where the previous week's thread had been moved. I wasn't aware that it had been moved again.

So... am I supposed to be posting it here then? I would have no problem at with that. It's just that when it was in "support groups" it seemed to be lost and out of place.

I'm trying my best to be mindful of the wishes of the mods and admins, as well as the preferances of the people that have come to expect this weekly thread from me. I hope we can find a good balance that all can live with.
Old 05-29-2006, 12:38 AM   #7  
Going goal.

S/C/G: 316/ticker/140

Height: 5'6" & 3/4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
Yep, it was under support groups which is where the previous week's thread had been moved. I wasn't aware that it had been moved again.

So... am I supposed to be posting it here then? I would have no problem at with that. It's just that when it was in "support groups" it seemed to be lost and out of place.

I'm trying my best to be mindful of the wishes of the mods and admins, as well as the preferances of the people that have come to expect this weekly thread from me. I hope we can find a good balance that all can live with.
I had no idea at the time of what was going on and finally someone posted a link to it and that's how I found out about it. I hope it will still be posted under the "support" part here. I love that thread.
pixiefalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 01:41 AM   #8  
Going to my goal!

Angry We want our weigh-in thread!!

Why would anyone want to move our weigh-in thread??? The only way I found last week's post was by looking for posts by Tealeaf. I still don't know where our weigh-in site is supposed to be!

Joyli
Joyli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 07:44 AM   #9  
it's always something

Someone else started a new weigh-in thread in THIS forum (Support) on May 20 and I "stuck" it to the top so that it would be easy to find. It looks like another thread was started in Support Groups which I didn't notice, so one of the mods unstuck the one that I had stuck.

We really don't care if it's in Support or Support Groups. We just didn't think putting them in the Goal forums was appropriate due to the nature of the Goal forums. Weighing is is a support related topic. We'd be happy to "stick" a new thread for you every week in either Support or Support Groups to make it easy to find, which ever you feel is better for you. If we miss one, send me a PM
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 12:03 PM   #10  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

I also had a hard time finding your Friday weigh-in thread. It has become a welcome routine and weekly goal for me (and many others). I'm glad it's getting sorted out. I'm sure the mods have their hands full with all the changes lately and some threads are bound to "slip through the cracks". I checked Tealeaf's threads to find where it had been posted, but other posters obviously haven't been able to find it.

I think Suzanne's suggestion of putting a sticky on it each week would help a lot to make it more visible.

Looking forward to posting again on your Friday thread!
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 12:29 PM   #11  

I'm glad this got resolved in a way I think we can all be happy with.

So, this Friday, I will post the thread in this forum, unless my internet connection is down or something. Now, if I could only be happy with what my numbers are likely to be like...
Old 05-30-2006, 12:53 PM   #12  
Going to my goal!

Smile

Dear Tealeaf,
I'm glad you got this resolved. We all like our weigh-in thread! Good luck on your numbers.

Joyli
Joyli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 03:18 PM   #13  
LLV

I too had a post moved once and lost track of it and gave up looking for it. I didn't know where it had been moved to and the only way I found it was to "search for other posts by LLV" and found it that way.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 03:31 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Posts are usually moved when the topic is different than the forum that they were posted in, and a moderator or administrator believes that the thread will get better response, or fit in better, in another part of the forum. We don't do it to upset anyone.

For instance, I also mod over in the General Diet Plans area, and if I get a question about Weight Watchers, South Beach Diet, or another plan that 3FC has a larger subforum dedicated to-then I usually move the thread over to the appropriate area. The same thing applies if someone posts an exercise question here in Support-I will often move it to the Exercise! section.

Threads are not moved with the intent of upsetting anyone.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 10:34 PM   #15  
Sweet Success

I hope it gets resolved. I was pretty bum not seeing the thread last Friday. I had came in here Friday to look for it and no avail. I had actually gave up on the thought that it was coming back. It was one of the threads I looked forward to posting to.

It was a support/success mix gratification to it. If you didn't lose you had support if you did lose you had cheers.

just my 2 cents
FeistyRoo is offline   Reply With Quote