Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-28-2006, 12:42 AM   #1  
Kyethra

Height: 5'8"

Default The morbidly obese bride

I am getting married soon. I am also currently at my highest all time weight.

My stomach is now the biggest part of my body- it sticks out further than my boobs.

I am worried I will not fit in the airplane seat. I am worried that I will not look good. And people will not thing, "Oh doesn't she look nice" when I come down the aisle, but "Oh doesn't she look fat"

I told my fiance that if I lose a good amount of weight withint a year or so we are putting the finery back on and getting more pictures taken.

I am on a new weightloss plan. I am slowly tapering my calories down to the right amount, signed up for a weightloss class, and am going to start pilates.
kyethra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 12:46 AM   #2  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

You have a solid 7 weeks to lose what you can. Stay positive and make the most of this time. You can do it!
Stevi-rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 01:03 AM   #3  
Staying on track!!

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/175

Think positive, and get the support you need here on the boards! I know it's a minute-by-minute struggle sometimes, but you can do it!
shyla2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 01:23 AM   #4  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

I like the idea of taking new pics in a year - it's a nice goal to work towards.

But you can do a lot in 7 weeks - I see you've lost 13 pounds already. You won't be at goal - but you'll feel so good you won't care. on your engagement as well.

I was about the same size you are now when I started - it took me a year to lose 100 pounds. Calorie counting (keeping my calories an average of 1400 calories a day) and walking an hour a day were all I did...although I now have added weight training and I wish I had done that earlier...I had a lot of loose skin that is finally toning up.

As far as what other people are thinking....to heck with them. All brides are beautiful! Just ask your DF!
chick_in_the_hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 09:52 AM   #5  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I fly Southwest all the time. I'm back up to about 290 and just flew last weekend. I, too, have a large stomach (out past my boobs--not difficult since I'm only a B cup ). I have never had a problem fitting in the seats on the plane. I like to pull the armrest between my seat and my boyfriend's seat up so it feels less contraining (assuming you're flying with the groom). If you have any difficulties, I know the flight attendants can supply an extender for your seat belt. I can't usually pull down the tray table thingy in front of me because my tummy is too big for it to go down all the way, so I don't use that at all.

If you want to feel a bit more confident in your gown (though I'm sure you look beautiful at ANY weight), you might try doing a low-carb diet just until the wedding. You're supposed to lose most of your weight from your middle when you start losing with low-carb. It may not be something you can sustain forever, so it may not be the right plan for you for the long term, but if you want to actually "diet" for a special event, it can be helpful for a lot of people
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 10:02 AM   #6  
Fearless and Free

I just flew a few weeks ago and I was fine in the seat. I'm the same weight as you. It was a little snug but I could fit. I know I worried a lot about it before hand and had worries about what I would do if I couldnt fit Anyway, my experience was that the seats were okay.

I agree with the other girls, stay positive and make the most of the weeks to come. You can do it girl!
Tirzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 11:31 AM   #7  
Thin taste better

S/C/G: 230/215/170

Height: 5ft

you have 7 weeks to lose more weight that is almost 2 months you can lose a noticiable amount of weight in that lenght of time

dont worry about the sits on the plane you are letting your fear take over I flew with my friend 3 weeks ago and she is 300 plus and she had no problems

stop letting fear take over your mind, you are going to be a beautiful bride enjoy every second of what is going to be one of the most special days of your life, dont worry about what other people are thinking it's your day so cherish it
sweettay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 11:36 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 219/207.6/135

I agree with the other posters. 7 weeks is long enough to make some real progress. I tell ya what though... you're in love! And i've never seen anyone that doesn't look beautiful while they're in love.
Jordan1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 12:00 PM   #9  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Congratulations on your up-coming wedding. You will be a beautiful bride. Look forward to it and enjoy yourself. Don't worry so much about the weight, your DF loves you and you have your whole life ahead of you.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 01:25 PM   #10  
for me, for them

S/C/G: 345/ticker

Height: 5'10"

I agree with pp. I'm getting married on June 10th (less than 2 weeks!). I'm so happy that it wouldn't matter to me about what others might be thinking. I'm marrying my baby and that's wonderful. With that said, I have been trying to maintain my weight until the wedding (dress fits like a dream) and will dive headfirst back into weight loss mode after the wedding. Congratulations! Hope everything goes perfectly.
ScarlettDrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 01:41 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 210/110/110

I agree with everyone. You can only do the best you can and feel good about your wedding.
Congratulations on your upcoming wonderful wedding day.
alwaysbelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 02:10 PM   #12  

Height: 5'8.5"

Congratulations on your big day! And yah, hey if you do have to ask for a seatbelt extender just do it and think about the fact that you are making progress and NEXT time won't have to do it!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 07:56 PM   #13  

Don’t let all of that spoil your special day. Thrust me, it’s not important how skinny you look coming down the isle, what IS important is that the person you’re marrying loves you for who you are and sees you as beautiful at any weight.
I was about 130lbs when I got married 10 years ago. As you can see from my ticker I am hovering around 300 now. Thrust me, the only thing that’s important to me now is that my DH has been and will be there for me through thick and thin (pun intended), which is why he is the man I married.
I know it’s almost impossible to get all the self-consciousness put away when you are the center of attention, but try focusing more on the fact that you ARE beautiful no matter the number on the scale. And you are entering in to a very special part of your life that you will get to share with the man you love and who loves you just as you are.
By the way, congratulations, and best wishes to both of you guys.
NinaV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 09:34 PM   #14  
Princess Kittyfluff

One of the most beautiful brides I've seen weighed over 300 pounds. And, conversely, I've seen some rather not-beautiful ones who were super-thin. The difference was in their expressions. You could see which ones were nervous or just plain unhappy to be getting married, and they looked terrible, no matter what their size. But I have never seen a happy, glowing, in-love bride who didn't look absolutely stunning, no matter what size, what they wore, how they wore their hair, or anything else. It's all in the attitude, and it sounds to me like you'll be absolutely radiant! Congrats!
lunameow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 09:43 PM   #15  
banned

S/C/G: Countdown to goal!

Height: 5'7"

Focus on the big picture! There are lots of ladies out there who diet like crazy to be "perfect" for the wedding, when the focus on your wedding is marrying the man of your dreams. Often, these same ladies turn into bridezillas, as the focus is on how everything looks. What is important is how you and your groom feel. That feeling will last longer than anything else. He clearly loves you the way you are! So, don't sweat the small stuff. Everything will turn out just fine for your wedding.
freiamaya is offline   Reply With Quote