Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-15-2006, 07:29 AM   #1  
NEVER again!

S/C/G: 288/288/138

Default Those virtual models

Okay, I'm beginning to think I'm going to end up as nuts about my weight as my sister (the woman who will binge and purge, etc., to lose 10 pounds).

I made one of the virtual models and, no matter what I did, I didn't like the way it showed I was going to look. I tried to go to 150 pounds...hated that. Went to 138 (my ultimate goal) and hated that too. Went to 120...still not good. Went to 115, and nuh-uh. Went to 100!!! I even hated THAT!

I'm beginning to worry that, as I start this journey, it's going to be never-ending because I'm NEVER going to be happy with how I look. Has anyone else felt this way?
NFC2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 08:03 AM   #2  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

You really shouldn't give much credence to those virtual models since they are not you. The body type is not exactly like you. It doesn't show long lean muscle. It's not real.
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 09:00 AM   #3  
NEVER again!

S/C/G: 288/288/138

I know it's not a very accurate portrayal (thank goodness for small favors, hmm?) but it does still worry me. Having a sister with so many hang-ups, it makes me nervous that I'll end up going that same route. It's a bit scary thinking maybe I won't ever be able to judge myself at a healthy weight, that I'll not be able to remove the "fat lens" I see myself through.
NFC2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 10:02 AM   #4  

If the virtual models have that big of an impact on your attitude then stay away from them. Teahoney is right that there is no way to duplicate yourself. Exercise, particularly weights, will make a huge difference in your appearance no matter what your weight - and the virtual models do not take that into account.
lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 10:09 AM   #5  
LadyV

Height: 5'0"

I'm another one that thinks these "Virtual Models" are silly. For one, they do not portray anything at all the reality of what we would really look like. They can not account for such thigs as sagging skin, skin tone, or genetics....play around with them for fun, but don't take any of it to heart. Just my opinion of course.
LadyVatrovia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 10:20 AM   #6  
Girl Trying

S/C/G: 5'4" CW: Unknwn 140? STGW: 125

NFC That model is as much NOT you as people you see on the street. So the way they made their model doesnt please your eye. So what? It is not you, its not a real reflection of how you will look, its a VERY GENERAL thing that is supposed to be more helpful than a one-size-fits-all model to view clothes on online.

You just keep going with what you are doing, and Im sure with every few lbs you drop you will be happier and happier with yourself, and when you ARE thin, you will be much more grateful for it than your sister and you will know what it means to be that weight and how satisfying it is. And you want to have SOME concern and drive left at that point, because you have to MAINTAIN that weight once reached!! But I wouldnt let that stupid model (I played with them... all I can say is UGH) scare you about body image issues. Just go about your business - the fact that youre aware of such an attitude as problematic is a good sign.
PeeB is offline   Reply With Quote