Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-01-2006, 04:14 PM   #16  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by gma2one
I disagree. Anytime you have someone questioning what or how much you are eating that is a control issue.
Well, what I meant was it's possible he's not trying to be controlling, whether it's a control issue or not. I really can't say because I don't know the man. It's hard to judge someones intentions when you don't know them from Adam.

It's possible he's just concerned that she's letting herself go and putting weight back on. I know I've said things like that before, to my husband. He's tall and trim and doesn't need to lose weight, but sometimes he tends to eat a little too much. Like if he polishes off a whole pizza (which is rare, but it happens) I'll say, "You ate that whole thing yourself?" Or if he goes to reach for more I'll say, "You're gonna have another piece? You've eaten half of it already!"

I'm not trying to 'control' him (and rarely say anything to him at all), I'm just concerned that he's eating too much crap at times.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 04:17 PM   #17  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorticiaAddams
Closet eater yes thats me, I will not eat the stuff I do around him rather while im out and about or at work.
But when you closet eat, the only person you're cheating is yourself.
Old 05-01-2006, 04:20 PM   #18  
I restore Teeth.

I don't have a husband (nor do I plan to anytime soon) But in this situation, I would most likely give him a talk about how I feel about weight loss, and dieting etc. Simply I would tell him that I just can't seem to control myself like he does (not that I'm saying you aren;t controlling yourself, but if I placed myself in this position and gained 25 back then I would assume that I'm doing something inconsistently) and then tell him that I would gradually change my ways for the better . This is, again, what I would do, and I'm not suggesting that you do it, nor is it the correct thing to do.
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 04:23 PM   #19  
I restore Teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLV
I'm not trying to 'control' him (and rarely say anything to him at all), I'm just concerned that he's eating too much crap at times.

I agree with Linda. It's not that I would stop him if he ate the whole pizza, but obviously eating a whole pizza...... what? It would be bad if I didn't say anything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLV
But when you closet eat, the only person you're cheating is yourself.
My philosophy. I would only have myself to blame if I gained back the lbs I lost
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 04:33 PM   #20  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggielover
I agree with Linda. It's not that I would stop him if he ate the whole pizza, but obviously eating a whole pizza...... what? It would be bad if I didn't say anything!
Exactly. I mean, if he wants to eat the whole thing, more power to him. I'm not going to tell him he CAN'T eat it. I never tell him he can't eat certain foods. But sometimes he needs little reminders. See, my husband had ulcerative colitis (he also has a touch of crohn's) and he's had surgery to have his colon removed. And he knows eating too much of certain foods (especially greasy pizza) is going to mess him up for a while. So I have to sometimes remind him to go easy on certain things.

He's not offended by it, he thanks me for reminding him.
Old 05-01-2006, 06:02 PM   #21  
SuperFreak

S/C/G: 330/319/150

Height: 5"5

I just got back from a 30 minute good walk at a moderate pace about 3.5 MPH, going off the memory of how fast I would run and walk on the tred mill.
Well I feel better and forgot how good it does feel to get out and get moving. My husband has always been supportive of me and this one time check on me was a surprise at least coming from him.
I love him no less just was not exspecting it and probably did need it in after thought.
Depending on the person and the words I dont usually take and comments that make me feel uneasy without a stiff lash back from my own words, coming from my friend as well as my love I took it to heart as im a really a shy and can cry easily so sometimes I take things that might be said in concern in a hurtful way in my eyes.
I will work myself back up in my workouts. I will get out and workout right after my son comes home from school just before the husband comes home from work. I just have to plan better. I need to make sure I plan around my workouts. I used to plan my eating around when I would work out and thats what im going to do again. I've put off working out because of the bike and a lack of funds to get some decent shoes to work out in. But I cant put it off no more and I wont. So thanks everyone I would always try to offer my own inspiration and this time I needed it and everyone was there for me in my time of need thanks so much.
MorticiaAddams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 08:11 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I am so happy that you got out there and got moving today.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote