Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-19-2006, 11:28 AM   #1  
LLV

Default Bodies are so weird

I can go for weeks being stuck at the same weight (usually over a month, but that's normal since I'm slowing majorly down now) and following my calories and watching what I eat - then along comes Easter and I eat like a piggie and eat candy and cookies (not just Easter day but I ate a bunch - or more than I normally would - of candy for a couple of days after that) and I lose another pound.

Not that I'm complaining, mind you, but it seems that's when I finally get my weight to budge is when I have a couple of days indulging in things I wouldn't normally have.

Does anyone else notice this?
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 11:37 AM   #2  
Beth

S/C/G: 200/147/130

that happened to me. I was so bumed out that I ate more than normal but I lost a pound i think it is becuase I was changing things in my diet and my body got confused. But I went back to my normal day. Now I allow one not real bad day but a not normal day once every 3 weeks.
azul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 11:53 AM   #3  
LLV

I allow one big meal per week. Sunday dinner. I eat what I want and as much as I want. I've done that all through my journey

But over Easter I ate even more than that!
Old 04-19-2006, 12:00 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 192+,size16/ 164,12/ 150,10

Height: 5'7"

I was just thinking about that this morning; Wednesday is my weigh-in day and today happens to be my monthly measurement day. I had been stuck at 169-170 for five weeks. In spite of eating a lot of chocolate and making a couple of poor food choices over the weekend, I weighed in at just under 167 this morning. Don't know if the food had anything to do with it, or if my body was just ready to move on but I'm happy!
sf40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 12:17 PM   #5  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

When I started dieting it took me 5 weeks before I saw any difference. And it still seemed kinda stuck and that is when I came here and someone told me to eat more so I ate A LOT more one day, like 600 calories more then I had been compared to the last couple weeks. And then I started losing weight like crazy (I lost like 11 pounds in 3 weeks or something). I have been eating less again and the weight loss stopped. Sometimes I think you body just needs more to lose the weight. I have been eating more the last few days - but I am not weighing till saturday so I hope it is down again!
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 12:25 PM   #6  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf40
I was just thinking about that this morning; Wednesday is my weigh-in day and today happens to be my monthly measurement day. I had been stuck at 169-170 for five weeks. In spite of eating a lot of chocolate and making a couple of poor food choices over the weekend, I weighed in at just under 167 this morning. Don't know if the food had anything to do with it, or if my body was just ready to move on but I'm happy!
Maybe we should start eating more chocolate
Old 04-19-2006, 12:26 PM   #7  
LLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotypical
When I started dieting it took me 5 weeks before I saw any difference. And it still seemed kinda stuck and that is when I came here and someone told me to eat more so I ate A LOT more one day, like 600 calories more then I had been compared to the last couple weeks. And then I started losing weight like crazy (I lost like 11 pounds in 3 weeks or something). I have been eating less again and the weight loss stopped. Sometimes I think you body just needs more to lose the weight. I have been eating more the last few days - but I am not weighing till saturday so I hope it is down again!
I know, it's so weird sometimes. I'll be doing my 'perfect' calorie days for weeks on end and stay the same weight. As soon as I screw up and eat too much for a couple of days, I start dropping again.

But then I always get back to my lower-calorie days because eating like that on a continual basis will definitely cause me to start gaining.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:00 PM   #8  
Starting Fresh

I try not to stick to a certain number of calories everyday - I dont do it on purpose. But some days I am at 1200 and some days 1700. It averges out okay tho. I think that keeps the body guessing. But like you - I dont wanna eat too high for too long.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:07 PM   #9  
LLV

Quote:
I try not to stick to a certain number of calories everyday - I dont do it on purpose. But some days I am at 1200 and some days 1700. It averges out okay tho. I think that keeps the body guessing. But like you - I dont wanna eat too high for too long.
My calories can vary sometimes too. It's definitely not a perfect science. I TRY to stay at about 1200, but most days it's closer to 1300-1400. I'm still under maintenance and I'm still losing, it's just going verrrry sloooooooooooooooow...
Old 04-19-2006, 01:14 PM   #10  
Starting Fresh

But your ALMOST there You will be there before you know it!
Old 04-19-2006, 01:34 PM   #11  
LLV

Quote:
But your ALMOST there You will be there before you know it!
I hope so. It feels like it's taking another year just to get off the last 10 pounds, lol!
Old 04-19-2006, 01:51 PM   #12  
Starting Fresh

How long did it take you to lose the 83 pounds?