Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-07-2006, 01:35 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 192+,size16/ 164,12/ 150,10

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misti in Seattle
LOL I know what you mean... my flat chested friend and I have always thought about asking the surgeons if you get a discount on a boob job if you bring your own donor!!
hahahahahahahahha!!
sf40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 08:46 PM   #47  
Driven for a new change

Default Tree Trunks

I hate my thighs they are so big..the more I use to work out the bigger they'd get.
Kimsdiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 11:47 PM   #48  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues4miles
Misti I think we might be built similarly. Now that I've lost some weight the disparity between my torso and my legs is even more laughable. Watermelon with sticks exactly! Actually my thighs still have a decent amount of fat but my calves are practically non-existent. They would be really beautiful and toned if I didn't have to compare them to the rest of my body. I am with you on the shirt beef too, I am constantly pulling down all my shirts, what is with this short-shirt trend. It is kind of like the low-rise jeans thing, except pair the two together and you have a very non-flattering clothing style for 95% of the population. Oh, when will they learn!
Yep we sure do sound similarly built LOL. Except I don't have much in the thighs and my calves and ankles are just kind of medium. But I can see the muscles starting to build in my calves again and feel them in my thighs when I walk. And interesting that MEN get choices in length, sleeve length, even neck size... while WE get whatever the fashion "experts" decide to put out there and if they can save 50 cents by not putting tails on the blouses... or even MORE frustrating, waayyy too short straps on bras so I can't wear 95% of them because the STRAPS won't go over my shoulders!! Arrgghhhh
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 12:37 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 192+,size16/ 164,12/ 150,10

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misti in Seattle
And interesting that MEN get choices in length, sleeve length, even neck size... while WE get whatever the fashion "experts" decide to put out there and if they can save 50 cents by not putting tails on the blouses... or even MORE frustrating, waayyy too short straps on bras so I can't wear 95% of them because the STRAPS won't go over my shoulders!! Arrgghhhh
Gee, Misti, don't you know that if you don't fit the experts' idea of the proper female shape, you're supposed to get yourself surgically altered????? At least, living here in the land of plastic, that's what I've been told ...

I share your frustration about much of womens clothing, but I think I have the opposite problem in that my torso is a little short compared with my leg length. What else bothers me is that if a man buys a suit, tailoring it to fit his specific measurements is included in the price. If a woman buys a suit and requires alterations, well there's an additional cost.
sf40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 12:57 PM   #50  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf40
Gee, Misti, don't you know that if you don't fit the experts' idea of the proper female shape, you're supposed to get yourself surgically altered????? At least, living here in the land of plastic, that's what I've been told ...
Oh yah how could I be so silly? LOL :banana:

Actually I have considered getting myself surgically altered LOL with my doctor's full support... my boobs are way too gigantic to be believed LOL. But my doctor and I agree I want to lose some weight first. Still I don't know what I am going to do about the extra height... LOL maybe have to have some inches cut out of my arms and legs to meet the ideal American standard.

Even in plus size shops, sometime look at a row of large size blouses... the 6X are about 8" longer than the 1x or 2x!!! Now... is someone supposed to lose 8 inches in HEIGHT if they lose weight??? Go figure!

But my biggest irritation is bra straps... the new style it is almost impossible for me to find one I can wear because the straps are so short they won't go over my shoulders! The woman in the store I get them at said she has to take hers apart and put on new straps so they are longer and she can wear them. I was so happy that I found one I could wear... but when I lost some weight I ran in and grabbed the next smaller size without trying it on because I was sure it would fit with the style.. it did... but the straps were a full 2 inches SHORTER. Now... because someone goes down a bra size... they get 2 inches SHORTER? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr r my soap box!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote