Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-22-2006, 04:29 PM   #1  
lonnie

S/C/G: 210/208/145

Angry man am i frustrated

I am so frustrated and irritated and anything else you could possibly be when you find out that when the scale finally decides to move it wants to go the wrong direction. oh man i am so mad but im not going to let it get me down im going to just keep trying as hard as i can to get it to go the other direction. I have set a mini goal and by golly im going to meet it and when i do im going to laugh in my scales face so on april 13th i will weigh and it will be 199 or less so be looking for it because im tired of being fat and im going to loose.
yalondah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 04:34 PM   #2  
Aleecia

Sorry you're feeling so bad.
Good for you that you seen to be geared up to continue on your journey.
Don't let that scale get you down. You can do this.
Keep your chin up.
I look forward to seeing you meet your goal by April 13th.
Keep us updated.
Hope you have a better day.

Leec
Angel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 04:36 PM   #3  
Embracing My New Normal

S/C/G: 248/226/135

While I can certainly understand your frustration and disappointment in seeing the scale move in the wrong direction, may I offer two things, dear?

The first is a big (share that with the little cutie in the picture).

The second is a suggestion. Don't associate a specific weight loss goal with a specific date. You could be setting yourself up for disappointment, because yu cannot control exactly when the pounds will leave your body. All you can control is the foods you put in and the activities you do to expend calories.

Instead, why not keep the April 13th date and make the goal to "Lose as much as I can by then". That way, whatever the loss is (and assuming you stick with your plan, which I'm sure you will), you'll have a victory to celebrate!

I just like stacking the odds in my favor to win!

Good luck, dear!
Less of Lena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 04:48 PM   #4  
This is the Last Time!!!

S/C/G: HW283/GW170

Height: 5'5"

I am all for goals, but realistic attainable goals. I think 11 pounds in 3 weeks is a little too much. Losing this weight is hard and it does not always go in the direction that you want it to. That does not mean that you are not trying, it just means your body does not want to let go of the weight. I would say a realistic goal for 3 weeks would be 6 pounds (2 pounds a week). Then if you lose more, it is icing on the cake! Best of luck to you!
HadEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 05:14 PM   #5  

Hi Yolandah,

Sounds Like We Are In The Same Boat, And Its Slowly Sinking...... I Would Love To Get Back To Onederland Soon ! So Do You Need A Buddy? I Have Been On A Rollercoaster Lately And I Need Some Incouragement To Get Back On Track... The Lowest I've Been Is About 185 A Couple Months Ago But The Holidays Came And Went And So Did The Weight Loss. I Know I Can Get There Again And More I Just Need To Get My Rear In Gear.

Last edited by EARTH2TERRA; 03-22-2006 at 08:55 PM.
EARTH2TERRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 05:52 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yalondah
I am so frustrated and irritated and anything else you could possibly be when you find out that when the scale finally decides to move it wants to go the wrong direction. oh man i am so mad but im not going to let it get me down im going to just keep trying as hard as i can to get it to go the other direction. I have set a mini goal and by golly im going to meet it and when i do im going to laugh in my scales face so on april 13th i will weigh and it will be 199 or less so be looking for it because im tired of being fat and im going to loose.
Try not to make goals around the scale - you can NOT control the scale. Make goals around what you CAN control, daily goals or weekly goals.

Sample - weekly goal. Award yourself 1-5 stars based on how well you did.

1. Eat 4+ servings of vegetables every day.
2. Try one new healthy recipe every week.
3. Drink plenty of water every day.
4. Exercise 3 times a week (even if it's as simple as a nice walk)
5. Try to go to bed on time at least 3 nights this week.

This is a way to set you up for success - if you do all these things, you will feel better, be healthier. You will be good to your body and you can feel good about what you are doing.

The scale just pisses me off.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 12:55 AM   #7  

Glory (and everyone else) gives good advice. 199 was an albatross around my neck and still is (though I'm 198 now). It took me months and months to lose 10 lbs. I went from losing 10lb a month minimum to losing 2lb a month.

I used to have timed goals, and then realised they were counterproductive and made me feel like a failure.

I still have some in my head, but more size related, like being a size 16 (english which is 12 in your sizes) by the middle of June (I'm a US 14 at the moment) but if I don't get there that's cool!

This whole shebang is about your health and well being (and looking good in your jeans!!! ) that it doesn't matter when you get there as long as you get there.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote