Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-21-2006, 06:24 PM   #16  
Embracing My New Normal

S/C/G: 248/226/135

I generally don't critique other people's Fitdays because I'm such a newb at it myself. I'm just learning, so am not in a position to comment on others.

That being said, have you looked at your sodium intake at all (you can see it on Fitday)? That *could* be a culprit, if you're eating Lean Cuisines and processed deli meats. They have lots of sodium which can cause water retention (which, in turn, can register as a weight gain).

From what I've read, daily sodium intake shouldn't exceed 2,400.

As a side note, I'm very proud of you for logging everything! I do that, too, be it "good" stuff or "not-so-good". I even logged the one (yes, I said one) french fry I snagged from a friend the other day. I posted it as a JAB. JAB (Just A Bite) is my new custom food -- every JAB costs me 25 calories and 10 sodium. With a 25 calorie french fry, it was easy to stop at just one!
Less of Lena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 06:56 PM   #17  
This is the Last Time!!!

S/C/G: HW283/GW170

Height: 5'5"

I do try and watch sodium and my goal is 2400, but good god, there is sodium in everything. I am usually over, but I am aware of it. I know the LC's are high too, I am going to try and get off of them, they are just so damned convenient for lunch at work.
HadEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 07:06 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 200/175/120

Hi sweetheart, I'm in the same boat that you are. Hopefully the weight loss fairies will smile upon us soon. Big hugs to you!
BeatlesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 07:30 PM   #19  
LLV

Plateaus happen. Just keep doing what you're doing, watch your calories, and the weight will start coming off again. Your body is just 'resting' to get used to new calorie levels. It knows what its doing. Plateaus happen for a reason
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 04:01 PM   #20  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I too am losing slowly now. I lost 60 lbs. in 6 months with low-carb dieting. I am still eating the same and have lost only 15lbs. now in last 3 months. I am down to only 14lbs. to goal and my doctor warned me the last 20 lbs. would be the hardest to lose. He was certainly correct. However, I refuse to give up and instead stay very proud of my success that I have had. I know how it feels to weigh weekly and not see any change for sometimes 3 to 4 weeks at a time. This is when I have tried changing my exercise routine up, cutting down on fruit since it has more carbs and also cutting out the nitrites.congrat's on the 30 lbs. loss and just keep going.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 04:57 PM   #21  
Mel

Ditto on all of Ilene's comments, except that I saw plenty of fruit in there. You don't need to eat raw vegetables. Cooked green beans, broccoli, lightly steamed or sauteed spinach, green squash, red, yellow and green peppers.... The list is endless. I noticed that you did have fresh asparagus one night

I would cut out the sugars (honey is a sugar no matter how natural is is) and all the refined foods. Do as Ilene suggested and make your own portion-controlled lunches from dinner leftovers. Or make them on purpose. I cook batches of skinless chicken breasts (lots of seasoning, skip the sauces which are mostly sugar) every weekend and package and freeze them individually to take to work for lunches along with a big tub of vegetables.

I'd eat another piece of fruit and some protein rather than the special K bars.
If you are having problems with sodium, have thyroid problems or are insulin resistant, get rid of the soy nuts.

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote