Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-12-2006, 04:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Help! Lonely and wanting to binge!

Well my husband is in Tennessee for a work conference. I have no friends or family here so I'm just alone. And all I want to do is go get a super sized anything with chili and/or cheese and a cake and just eat. And eat. And eat.

I've already done yoga. I'm going to the gym in a little but. I took a nap. I cleaned. But nothing is working! I am sooooo close to the drive thru and bakery it's not even funny.
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 04:40 PM   #2  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hang in there, kiddo. You can do it. Here's some to help you make it through.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 04:59 PM   #3  
LLV

I went through the same thing just after I finally got out of the 200's. And someone said to me, "do you want to go BACK to the 200's?"

That worked
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 05:10 PM   #4  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

get online and go look at some success pages... read others stories of losing weight .. that always gets me motivated
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 05:36 PM   #5  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hang in there Stacy and just make it through the day! Don't give in but find something to occupy your time. Reading success stories is a good idea, Curly!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 05:44 PM   #6  
Strong on the inside

S/C/G: 197/197/145 HW: 233

Height: 5'4"

Hang in Stacy! I know how tough it is, too, but think how much better it'll feel to, at the end of today, say to yourself "I resisted a really STRONG temptation!" than it would be to have to say to yourself "oh, well, i messed up, and I'll have to start again tomorrow..."

You can do it!
aerotigergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 06:07 PM   #7  
stbakd

have sme rabbit food (veggie) glen
hefty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 06:50 PM   #8  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Hi Stacy-I hope you resist. I've done poorly today and must say it feels pretty darn crappy. You really don't want to join me on this one. I hope you find your strength and resist temptation.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 07:02 PM   #9  

When I feel like eating a house I do some high intensity cardio. That knocks the feeling right out of me.
CheeseBurger&Thighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 08:09 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Too late

I'll start off by saying I've been feeling really crappy lately about my life. Not knowing what I'm doing, no job, no local friends/family. Then with my husband gone... I feel like if I didn't get out of bed the entire time noone would even know! It's like I'm not important you know? Noone cares.

So anyway I head to the gym and as I'm coming up to the door two guys are leaving. The one opens the door and holds it for me while he was like in the doorway and once I was past them I heard the other one laugh and say, "Geez, I didn't think she was going to fit!"

So I choked back the tears as I headed for the elliptical. I got through about 30 minutes and started to cry. I threw my sweatshirt back on, left my headphones on and walked out with my head down so noone would see/talk to me.

On the way home I stopped at McD's and got a Large nugget meal. Then I stopped at the grocery store and bought ice cream. And cookies. And I came home and sat in bed and ate.

Now I feel horrible and fat.

Sorry guys
stacylambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 08:16 PM   #11  
No description available.

What jerks those guys were! Good for you for doing some time on the elliptical! That's something!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 08:17 PM   #12  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Default Stacy Please don't feel bad.......

I think we all have gone through this. I am also in a new place with no friends, I only have one car, so if my husband has it I am alone. I am living ( because of Hurricane Katrina), in a HUD house, in a bad, bad area, and feel real depressed about all of this. The other day I ate 3 pieces of Carvel Ice cream cake , but realized if I didn't stop this, who would ? Did I want to not fit into my clothes that I am in? So the next day I got back on track. You can do it!! Any time you need to send me a PM I am on the computer everyday and will always answer it. PLease don't beat yourself up, we all have this problem. Cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 09:06 PM   #13  
future triathlete

S/C/G: 187.5/148.5/129

Height: 5'2"

Stacy, just reading what that guy said made me want to cry - I'm so sorry you had to hear that. Just know that you're strong enough to have kept going, and if you indulged tonight you indulged - it may not feel great, but it's not the end of the world - tomorrow's another day, right? I'm pretty sure that, given the situation, i would've done exactly the same thing. Get a good night's sleep and wake up in the morning ready to give it another go - and know that karma will come around and bite that guy in the butt sooner or later!
Slipping up once is something you can bounce back from - it's not fun, but it happens to all of us, so do't be so hard on yourself. I hope you feel better in the morning!
sierra_ttw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 09:19 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 212.6/144.2/121

Height: 5'5"

Sometimes, the people who I think don't want me to succeed in my diet, and the people who do - help me at the gym when I don't feel like going. Like I say getting there - this is for so and so - and the first five minutes on the treadmill is for so and so, and I will walk up to 1.0 miles to show so and so. Immature maybe, but kind of motivating too.
buddha belly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 10:00 PM   #15  
210 / 193 / 140

Stacy, hon, I'm really sorry you had such a rough day. Okay, so you had a binge. That's over with now, and you can start afresh tomorrow morning. One binge won't harm you, as long as you make up your mind to put it behind you and get right back on track. And obviously, you have what it takes to do that. You started at 234 and now you're down below 200--girl, that's a success story all by itself, and one bad day isn't going to undo it! You'd never have accomplished so much if you didn't have what it takes.

You've come too far to be so hard on yourself for a single day's lapse. For now, I think you should treat yourself to a nice bubble bath, get a good night's sleep, and be ready to start over in the morning.
Margarita is offline   Reply With Quote