Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-09-2006, 10:09 PM   #1  
iwillmakeit

S/C/G: 205/173/110

Height: 5'4

Default Am I giving up!

Sorry to be complainer all the time, but its the only place I can complain and get support. It was another horrible day for me. My former boss asked me to come in to help her out today. I went to bed pretty late last night because my son was very cranky. I was planning on going to the gym before I go to help her, which did not happen. I even didn't have time to make a breakfast for myself. So, I just had apple and bottle of water for breakfast. I was very busy at work, so I didn't eat lunch, and came home around 2:30 p.m. Since I didn't do my grocery shopping for the week, we did not have much to eat, so I end up cooking some Mongolian. Whenever I cook some Mongolian, its hard for me to determine the calories, well anyways I end up eating more than I should as usual. Then I told myself that I will have something light, which didn't happen either. I just don't know what is wrong with me. I constantly worry about gaining back the weight, and tell myself I will go back tomorrow, well seems like its getting harder and harder for me to go back to my plan. And I hate to be downer here, because everyone are so in control seems like, but not me. I am keep giving into the foods that are not good for me. I am hoping that tomorrow will be much better. I will go back to the gym tomorrow and work out, but I really need to control my eating. What should I do!!! HELP, HELP,HELP!!! I am so ready to pull my hair out!!!
tsots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 10:18 PM   #2  
Going to ONEderland

You look like you are doing great by your statistics! Stop beating yourself up. Stop giving to everyone BUT yourself too. Put yourself as one of your priorities in life. LOVE yourself, and make sure that your needs are met as well as the needs of others that you CAN meet without sacrificing your own needs.

Sounds like you got a little over extended today. IF that happens too often you and what you want and need gets lost in the shuffle. Don't let it happen too often and I'm sure you will do fine.

One thing that I learned when I got to my lowest, I started hating myself too much. Everything I did wasn't "good enough". I started feeling like I didn't deserve to lose the weight because I wasn't ever "good enough."

Forget that BS! Who needs that kind of an attitude? Celebrate every success. Have joy in the process. Be proud of your success so far, and be determined to continue. Any beating of yourself just shouldn't be done. Even maintaining is a success-- you didn't gain it back did you?

Be happy.
SherryA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 10:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Don't give up Tsots!

Don's give up Tsots! I know just how you feel . We all have bad days and feel like we failed on our journey to lose weight. I do It probably twice a week, but I just wake up the next morning and "stand right up, dust myself off, and start all over again" . I realize that I can do this if I really want it. I feel like I get a little stronger every time I fail (if that makes sence) . I learn lessons from each failure and it makes me try all the harder.

We will make it. Just shake it off and promise yourself you'll do better tomorrow. Thats all you have to do. We're all behind you!
abbyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 11:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 170?/130/130

Height: 5'2"

I agree with the wise ladies here your stats are amazing so far! So if you over eat a bit just do some workouts at home between gym times. we all mess up a bit there isn't a perfect person in this planet that I have met yet. You have it more together than you think. Chin up and go for it babe!!
amyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 11:51 PM   #5  
Miles

S/C/G: 176/168/135

Height: 5'4"

SherryA is right, you have to remember to put yourself first. Boss ask you to come in? Tell them you will, but at such-and-such a time, they should be able to accept that. I know you will work twice as hard at the gym tomorrow and it sounds like the day's eating really didn't go as bad as it *could* have. Give yourself a pat on the back and know that you'll do better AND feel better tomorrow!
blues4miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 12:08 AM   #6  
Gonna win the battle!!

S/C/G: 226/213/130

Sorry to hear you had a bad day. But you have done so good up to this point. And It doesnt sound to me like you did all that bad. You might try carrying quick snacks with you when you get busy in case you can't stop for lunch so you can get something in your tummy. There are alot of good choices, Apple, bananas, and such. Maybe a protien shake. And remember tomorrow is new day. No matter what we ate the day before we have a new day to excersise it off and eat healthy. We all go thur busy times in our life. But sooner or later its bound to slow down agian. Just hang in there and Fight for it!!!!!
ladybugfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 01:22 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsots
I am keep giving into the foods that are not good for me. I am hoping that tomorrow will be much better. I will go back to the gym tomorrow and work out, but I really need to control my eating. What should I do!!! HELP, HELP,HELP!!! I am so ready to pull my hair out!!!
My first rule for me was that nothing was bad for me. That gave me a lot of freedom. There are bad amounts, and bad reasons to be eating those foods, but in their essence, they're just foods.

Perhaps now your closer to goal, you can start thinking about maintenance. Why not have a week of practice, using support of the Maintainers thread? Relax your eating just a little and learn how to manage it.

I don't about you, but the moment I tell myself I can't have something, I want it all the more. I have a relaxed week every eight weeks. Which has been a bit bizarre this time, as I haven't lost any weight for 8 weeks, and now on my relaxed week I've lost a pound!!!!!!

You don't have to deny yourself all the foods that you love, but you do need to learn how to balance those in a healthy eating plan for the rest of your life.

Try not to stress, you'll figure it out.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 02:41 AM   #8  
I'm doing this for me!

S/C/G: 205/196/160

Height: 5 2"

Hey tsots, I hope that by reading all of these posts you are starting to feel a little better about yourself?

The thng to remember is that everybody has tough days, weeks (months???) but you just have to stick with it, just look at what you have achieved so far! Why not try looking back at some old photo's of yourself to see how far you've come. Once you've given yourself a confidence boost you might feel more positive about your diet and the fact that you can do it.

We're here for you!
Sassy-Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 11:52 AM   #9  
iwillmakeit

S/C/G: 205/173/110

Height: 5'4

Wow, thank you all so much for the incredible support. I knew I could get it from here, its the only place where people understand what I am going through. You are all right, I should be proud of myself at first for what I've achieved. I feel that I am beating myself up so much, may be I need to learn how to love myself at first. I will keep in mind what you've all said throughout the day, and incorporate your advices into program. Thanks all so much!!
tsots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 01:09 PM   #10  
Miles

S/C/G: 176/168/135

Height: 5'4"

Glad to hear you are feeling better today!
blues4miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 12:12 AM   #11  
maggzs

S/C/G: 147.4/149.9/132.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kykaree
My first rule for me was that nothing was bad for me. That gave me a lot of freedom. There are bad amounts, and bad reasons to be eating those foods, but in their essence, they're just foods.

Perhaps now your closer to goal, you can start thinking about maintenance. Why not have a week of practice, using support of the Maintainers thread? Relax your eating just a little and learn how to manage it.

I don't about you, but the moment I tell myself I can't have something, I want it all the more. I have a relaxed week every eight weeks. Which has been a bit bizarre this time, as I haven't lost any weight for 8 weeks, and now on my relaxed week I've lost a pound!!!!!!

You don't have to deny yourself all the foods that you love, but you do need to learn how to balance those in a healthy eating plan for the rest of your life.

Try not to stress, you'll figure it out.
Hi there, I am new & was interested to read that you have a off week every 8. I was thinking I would have an off day every week. Any suggestions or advice on this? Is there a reason you made it 8 weeks?

Thanks,
Maggzs
maggzs is offline   Reply With Quote