Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-01-2006, 01:30 PM   #16  
Mel

Quote:
She used to look balanced, now her face and upper body are thin and guant looking, her hips and thighs are still huge and her legs are thin. What can you say?
Tell her to get her self to the gym and start lifting weights to rebuild her body. That's the problem with very loc cal diets- whether the lack of calories is a fat or carb deficit, the body still loses a lot of muscle mass along with fat. And most women don't have much upper body muscle mass in the first place.

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 01:48 PM   #17  

I think being overweight makes me look much older. At 28 and 225 lbs, I think I could pass for being in my thirties whereas when I was thin, people always used to comment on how young I looked. I think excess fat does a lot to mask the youthful contours and features of our faces and just turns us into a blob. People's faces are all so different yet when we're overweight, I think we lose a lot of our unique traits. I'm hoping to change that soon!

Ann
annk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 02:54 PM   #18  
LLV

Thanks for responses, everyone

I drink plenty of water and use lots of moisturizers. It's not that my face is all saggy looking, I just look... OLDER!

Oh well. I can't complain, really. I feel great otherwise (I've felt better in the last 6 months than I have in the last 6 years). It's amazing how much better you feel in general when you take off the excess weight. I remember every single day I would have to go flop down on my bed and take a nap. And I'd wake up feeling worse than I did before I laid down. Now I don't need my naps anymore and when I do take a nap, I wake up feeling refreshed. But when I was heavy, I had to go sleep, even though I didn't really want to because I knew I'd feel bad the rest of the day.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 03:27 PM   #19  
Collie Mommie

I think losing weight has made me look older. At 200, I think I looked like a teenager, and now I look like I am mid-twenties [I still look younger than my age, though, and am often mistaken for a college student].
MTHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 03:50 PM   #20  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

I think I look a little older now. I lost a lot of inches on my neck, so the skin at my jaw line definitely isn't as firm as it once was. I also have rather angular features, that were disguised by a lot of rounding fat. I think the roundness of my face before looked somehow younger.

I notice it most when I haven't had enough sleep. It seems less noticible when I'm well rested.
Tani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 06:55 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

my theory

last time I was fairly thin I was 28

when I picture me thin - I picture how I looked at 28

losing weight won't reverse aging - it will just make me look better for the age I am now
morrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 12:27 PM   #22  
Sweet Success

Default A thought to ponder

I'm 32 years old which in a few months I get to see. "GULP" 33

I have looked around and thought to myself I must be getting old. I didn't feel like I looked as great as the girls in their 20s and well, my 18 year old cousin had made a comment to his uncles which I am same age as the younger uncle who view us as old! WOW! did that pop me out of my senses, I thought to myself OLD?

I had lost enough weight at one time for two years being a size 10 wearing those low waist jeans and I said to heck with age, I look great, I know if I keep working at this I can look just as hot.

I think the more weight I lose the younger I look!
FeistyRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 08:28 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 225-(32 bmi)/196/174-(24bmi)

Height: 5'10"

If we are just talking wrinkles, I think losing a lot of weight and losing it fast does make someone look older. When I see a thin woman and a heavy woman I usually think the thin woman is younger than she really is and vice versa for the heavy woman. Maybe it is because the thinner woman is wearing what I consider to be cuter clothes? Of the people I know who have lost more than 75 pounds, those who exercise look pretty good, those who just lost it with diet, look pretty bad. If I went down to the weight I was 20 years ago, I would look like a wrinkled saggy old bag. I am shooting for something between really thin and less than I am now.
SASCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 09:27 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I am older and eventually it was going to show whether or not I lost weight. Life sucks don't it?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 12:39 PM   #25  
Calorie-Counting Diva

Height: 5'1"

I could use with looking a little older. I'm almost 19 years old and I have people who mistake me for a 13-year old! Oy!
LadyFirelyght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 01:08 PM   #26  

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB
I am older and eventually it was going to show whether or not I lost weight. Life sucks don't it?

It's always something, ain't it?
AquaChick is offline   Reply With Quote