Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-01-2006, 12:38 PM   #16  
prepare for the BEST time

Who ALLOWS this man to make the remarks? The women who left and didn't stand up for themselves? Why don't you tell him he's rude/crude? He's obviously a social cripple...but it's ILLEGAL to make those kind of comments as it is to comment on the size of someone's chest.

If he worked at my company, he would have had several *affirmative action* suits filed against him in his permanent employee fil and would be in sensitivity *counselling* as part of the formal process to get rid of HIM.

Bullies usually back down if you stand up to them....I hope you get the opportunity to show him he's an idiot one day.

and congrats on your wt. loss too!
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 07:25 AM   #17  

Thank you for all the posts and food for thought. It really helped me to vent my frustrations and to have someone listen and respond.

I slept on it, then went to work and thought about it and realized that I have been in the wrong frame of mind all along. I am taking this "victim" stance when I should be standing up for myself. And when I thought about it some more, I realized that he is only a coworker. He is nothing to my life and yet I am giving him all that power to make me feel bad? What the heck was I thinking?

I have too many things going for me to let him rip away my self esteem. I let my ex husband do that for way too long and I swore when the marriage ended that I would never hand that kind of power over to someone else... not sure why I forgot that but it came back to me in a flash of rational thinking.

I have been very emotional since I started this diet. I really miss the comfort I got from food. Some days I feel like I have lost a friend.. how weird am I? I always used that to sooth myself when I was feeling hurt, tired, sad.. etc. and now I no longer have that. What I need to do is stop whining and start working on other things that will help comfort me... in the end, that is the only way this weight loss will be permanent.
mishakal30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 07:46 AM   #18  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishakal30
I have been very emotional since I started this diet. I really miss the comfort I got from food. Some days I feel like I have lost a friend.. how weird am I? I always used that to sooth myself when I was feeling hurt, tired, sad.. etc. and now I no longer have that.
Not weird--just normal I know somedays it takes all of my willpower (and then some) just to avoid going to the store and buying a whole box of Little Debbies or hitting the McDonald's drive-through. It does get easier with time, though
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 09:19 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 196/159.6/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishakal30
I really miss the comfort I got from food. Some days I feel like I have lost a friend.. how weird am I? I always used that to sooth myself when I was feeling hurt, tired, sad.. etc. and now I no longer have that.
It's true, you've come too far to go back to that. But instead of going to food to comfort you when you're hurt, tired, and sad, you can come to us.
maegdaeien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 10:53 AM   #20  
prepare for the BEST time

maybe you could tell I've faced this type of issue too? Sometimes it's GOOD to get rightous P***ed off!
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 11:37 AM   #21  

First of all, hang in there.

Second, I think you're taking this the wrong way.

When you do something like perform the "Big Butt" song, people are just going to assume that you have a great sense of humor and no problem with your size. Of course they're going to bring it up again, it's FUNNY!

Take this with a grain of salt and remember, a performance is just that--- you just never live it down! Trust me, I've been there myself. I just learned to laugh at myself when I did stupid things like that when drunk. Of course, I don't really drink much anymore, but when I was in college.......
beginme is offline   Reply With Quote