Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-26-2006, 06:19 PM   #1  
aka Kim

Unhappy Fell off the wagon, & needing support!

I was doing FANTASTIC on South Beach diet...having gone from 190 down to 156 after having my baby. I don't know what's been up lately, but I completely fell off of my routine. It's like I couldn't muster up the energy! There are a couple of things that could be attributing to this:
1) I started skincare school earlier this month & it absorbs a lot of time (part of the reason I haven't been on here as often, suddenly)
2) I haven't been well...went to the ER Sunday and it's still in question as to what's going on, but it's believed to be endometriosis or diverticulitis

With the thought of diverticulitis, especially, I wanted to revamp & detox. I'm looking into a short liquid detox diet to get my system back on a good starting point & clear my intestinal tract.

If anybody has any suggestions as far as an easy-going exercise routine that I can do when my pains are spiking up, or constructive diet help...I'd appreciate either...I REALLY need to start taking care of myself on the whole...no more, "Oh, it's easy to order pizza."

Thanks in advance!

~Kim
HauteMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 11:04 PM   #2  

Hey honey... I know you're not up to exercising much, what with the pain and how busy you are. Instead of focusing on cardio, how about trying a little yoga? That may help keep your mind where it needs to be as well as make you feel calm and peaceful, not to mention being relatively stress-free (if you choose the easy yoga--I know of some that's so hard, you have to practically be in dancer-shape to do). There are also a few breathing exercises that you can try that can actually help you utilize your breathing capacity and the oxygen you can hold in your lungs that can help with calorie-burning, as well. A good side-effect from those exercises is lowering of blood pressure, a feeling of calm, and time for reflection. How could you possibly lose with that combination? ;-)

Anyway, you know I am here for you, anytime you need help in getting back on the bandwagon. I have lost close to 10 lbs now, which isn't much, but it's much better than not having lost anything at all. And I need help from time to time... just wish we lived closer so I could help you with your weight loss and vice/versa!

Even still, feel free to email me or call and talk to me (or, if you like, I can call you--we always have tons of rollover minutes that never get used up every month).

Hope to hear from you soon,
Cuz Amy
Redheadwithwhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 11:26 PM   #3  
mmmm.. ice cream

S/C/G: 238/135/125

Height: 5'4"

hi kim! hang in there. if you did it before, you can get back on track. i agree with amy about the yoga. that will really decrease your stress. exercise is good for that. i have never tried a liquid diet, but a short one sounds good. are you drinking enough water? water is good for energy and getting rid of hunger if you are prone to snack on unhealthy stuff.
cadwell125 is offline   Reply With Quote