Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-23-2006, 07:06 AM   #1  
Gonna be skinny!

S/C/G: 240/224/140

Height: 5'5

Default Need a vent!

I am so excited about the fact that i have made it through my first week of sticking to my diet. BUT i have one big issue the past few days. I have all this energy and i truly want to exercise but i think my 1 yr old has realized daddy hasnt come home. He wont let me do anything, even now he is in my lap screaming. If i try to exercise he hangs on me screaming and isnt happy unless i am sitting and hes in my lap. The first few days were ok cuz i was exercising while he napped but now he wont even nap!!! He will doze off in my lap but the very second i try to move from under him hes awake again screaming. At night the same thing. He wont even go in his crib anymore and i cant seem to concentrate on exercising when i try to leave him there screaming. PLEASE tell me this will pass!!!!!!!!!! All this energy for exercising is turning fast into frustration with him. This diet is so very important and a life turning event for me and if i fail i think i will go into a deep deep depression when hubby returns and i havent lost weight. I dont know anyone here that can help so i feel lost right now.
ladypeacek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 07:47 AM   #2  
Deeonamisson

Why don't you take him with you. Make the physical activity around him. Go to the park, beach whatever. This is a behaviour in children that is going to happen whether you are dieting or not. Make him happy by making yourself happy. Good Luck. It's worth every step! mwah
Deeonamission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 07:56 AM   #3  
Gonna be skinny!

S/C/G: 240/224/140

Height: 5'5

I do try to play with him on the floor and dance around with him alot during th day with kids music from movies on. I guess thats better then nothing, lol. I guess i still dont feel like its exercising though, maybe thats just silly since it is a workout bouncing him around in my arms and dancing. I guess i could consider him a 25 lb dumbell, LOL. We cant go out of the house to do anything outdoors however, his asthma is too extreme and the winters here in UK are very nasty to him. But i guess i could find ways to play more vigorously with him.
ladypeacek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 08:35 AM   #4  

Why don't you try putting him in a play pen next to you with some toys to play with while you work out, this way you are in his sight, and he can't get into anything dangerouse. If not lay him down in his crib for a nap and let him have a good cry, he will eventually see that it is nap time. I have the same problem with my baby girl at times, but they have to realize that you set the boundries. Toddlers are very clever little buggers, they know how to get what they want. I have three girls ranging from 12years to 13 months old and I know how it is. Keep your chin up.
Chubbymama30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 08:56 AM   #5  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Hullo ladypeacek! Congratulations on sticking to the diet for a week. Good going. But it certainly can be difficult at the best of times with a 1 yr old! And asthma won't make easier.

How long have you been in the UK? Have you ventured off base much yet? I don't know which base you're on but most of the USAF bases have some very pretty villages nearby. Worth a stroll around on a bright sunny day. And we've been having some of those recently. I hear the snowdrops are out in East Anglia, if that's where you are. Pretty to look at.

Anyway, I'm certain sure that there will be a parent and toddler group in one of those villages. And you'd be welcome there. Just turn up with your babe and join in. It will probably be free. And probably from about 1030 to 12noon one morning a week. Look in a post office window for a notice or ask inside. It might give you and the baby a break. And it would be a good opportunity to meet some natives ....

Just a suggestion. Good luck!
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote