Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-19-2006, 10:13 PM   #61  
Losing for Life!

AnVy1221: Good job getting back on track!

Jenn: 5.2, Whoo Hoo! Awesome, wonderful, fantastic!

Jailene: It is amazing when you come to realize what you were really eating!

Fishwoman: That looks great, I can tell you had a great time!

Fiona: You are doing great, getting in activity is so important, keep it up!

Terri: You have a great plan in place and it is probably a good idea to wait a bit before you take Billy on, whew! I know I am not ready for him yet!

Chaarli: Good for you! Putting all of that down was a great step in facing the stumbling block. Stop thinking you are on a diet, you are eating to become a healthy person, that doesn’t mean you have to deny yourself anything, so tell yourself that. Take the scale and give it to a friend to keep until you can manage things. When I used to diet I was always having a hard time. I think of it as renovating my body from the inside out and I am not even putting the weight loss first, it is just an added bonus to taking care of myself.

Willbethin2006: Welcome, come often and let us know a bit more about you. No need to set a firm goal until you are ready!

Kathy: You are rockin’ girl! Keep it going!

Jaynee: Welcome, That is a great goal and we will help you get there!

Kim: Welcome, you will have a great time here!

Miaka: There are no goals that are not a challenge, you set it yourself so that you have a good idea if it is achievable. 15 pounds is a great start!

Jenn: You say every now and then you need something good to eat. What is it you are missing on program? I eat everything I love, I haven’t changed the foods much at all except to quit artificial sweeteners and refined sugars and flours. Tell me what you don’t think you can have and I will get you a way to make it so you can.

Dawn: You are doing great! 2.8 Is wonderful! Keep it going I know you can!

Sorry I have not made it in much the last couple of days lot's of personal stuff happening that has kept me away from the computer. You are all doing so well! We are going to rock this thread this week!

Please make sure that you update your tickers or post your total weight loss by Sunday morning so I can get everyone all updated and totaled for the Monday thread. I know this week is going to knock your socks off! I never imagined that we would have this many people join or continue on and you are all so commited that it really keeps my motivation up and I am working hard to eat clean.

I really want to get the 2.8 off this week so I get my 50 pound magnet and then I can relax and not think about weight for the next few weeks. I started at the gym today and found that I am really about as strong as a knat. I am going to make sure that I work on building my strength up over the next few weeks so I don't feel like a sick 90 year old woman!

You all keep doing what you are doing and stay strong!
Sheri~C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 11:26 PM   #62  
kami=paper/god twi=me

Hi everyone! I'd like to join your challenge, it seems great!

My name's Kristen, and I've been trying to lose weight since...oh, forever! I've been successful overall, but recently I've had some setbacks (40 pounds worth!) and I'm back on these forums looking for support and like minded people to help and to help me work hard to reach my goals.

Since it's the end of January when I'm joining this challenge, I'd like to set my goal to lose 25 pounds by April 1st.

Glad to be involved, good luck everyone!
Kamitwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 09:43 AM   #63  
Losing for Life!

kamitwi: Welcome! We are glad to have you here! The more people we have the better we will all do. Looking forward to hearing more about you.
Old 01-20-2006, 12:27 PM   #64  

I have been bad about checking in, but I have lost 12 lbs so far. 18 lbs to go to meet my goal for April 1st!
Loser2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 12:45 PM   #65  

Default would like to join you

hi how do I get two trackers? I would like to lose 30lbs by April... I will post on Monday... is that right?
tlm5285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 12:48 PM   #66  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

just click on any tracker and it will take you right to it....just put in the info
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 05:58 PM   #67  

Hi All!

I am here to confess my sins! and hopefully someone will give me a kick in the behind, and haul me back on track!

I had 3 bad days, got through dinner, all fine, then just felt like eating more junk! since the house is still full of junk food (post christmas!) there is a lot to get my hands on! I wish i could get a fail safe enviroment, but with Dh and kids! I have tried! But I have the ruling when shopping now that no new junk foods come into the house, until all at home is eaten! Dh will buy a huge block of chocolate but it takes him months to eat it! It is so hard to be the only family member to have a problem with food! And yet have so much left over from christmas!

I still got a treadmill run in yesterday, and it was tough, and still want to do weights today, i am not throwing the towel in! It has taken me too long to get here!
But today my motivation level is at an all time low! I am tired, miserable.....
At the moment it would be really easy just to give up!

I hate feeling like this!
icedragon6669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 07:26 PM   #68  
Losing for Life!

Sonja: We all get to this place and it is hard to move past if we can't forgive ourselves for what we have done. It is over now and you are starting fresh. I know the worst times for me have always been when I feel like I cannot have something I want.

I don't get urges to eat the food that the boys and dh eat because I would rather pamper myself and buy 1 ounce of very good chocolate and enjoy it with a friend when we have coffee, I don't share I get and ounce for her too!

I eat popcorn with butter every week too, 9 cups of air popped corn with 45 grams of real melted butter and that is my salty treat. Since I know I can have these whenever I want them I can sit and have a cup of tea while dh eats a whole large bag of tortilla chips with salsa and not want to grab the bag from him.

Have you been including treats for yourself or have you been denying yourself that "indulgence"?

I have found a lot of the women at my meeting are so surprised when I say that I eat everything I love and don't have cravings. They say they are eating veggies all day long and they are starving at night. They say they never get anything "good" to eat.

Make sure you are giving yourself permission to enjoy your food, it makes it much easier to walk past the goodie cabinet.

Now for the kick in the butt. I don't know if I told you this but when I reached my all time low it was because I could feel the fat on my upper legs starting to hang down around my knees. That was the big motivator for me to get back to WW. I know you cannot imagine just how grossed out and disgusted this made me but I do know that you have a story like mine the reason why you put an end to the bad habits, the reason you decided to live healthy and strong. I know you want to become a police officer and climb mountains and be a great example and motivator for your children.

I know you have been a great motivator for me! You are so strong and so determined that I realized that I can get up and move that I will be able to climb mountains of my own someday!

You are a very powerful woman, strong and extraordinary!
Old 01-20-2006, 09:58 PM   #69  
repeat offender

S/C/G: 178/167/105

Height: 5' 3"

Talking

Thanks for the encouragement Sheri! I definitely need it. Although people around me have been making comments about how I don’t need to lose the last 15lb. I set out to do something and I intend to finish it, no matter how long it takes. But it does feel like it’s taking a long time. Since I don’t view this is a temporary solution, but a new lifestyle.
Miaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 10:05 PM   #70  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

I had a good day today and I keep my cals at 1234. I need to get more water in tomorrow I have not drink as much as I need to but I will take care tomorrow...I hope all have had a good day and a better one tomorrow...

ok can I put tomorrow in here one more time.....lol
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 01:06 PM   #71  
kami=paper/god twi=me

Hi all, just here to say that I HATE PERIODS! I stepped on the scale this morning and I'd gained 3-4 pounds! I was confused and devastated until I realized that my period should be starting today or tomorrow. UGH! Otherwise, I've been doing good on the eating (5-6 small meals a day, trying to get a full balance of veggies, carbs, fruits, protein) but I've been terrible about exercizing. I work swing shift, and I can't seem to get myself up in the morning. Once I get home from work, I manage to reason that it's too late.
Kamitwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 08:31 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 184/C/145

Hello girls! I had a good day today Just waiting for Tuesday to roll around again! I reward myself for the weight loss and bought myself a DVD that I wanted. On most diets I alls reward myself with food...which really shouldnt be the reward.

I have a question for you sheri: how do you not feel guilty when you indulge in something you really like? Every time I have something on my flex points I feel guilty, it has almost been ingraned in me that if I eat things I want then I am not on a "diet", and therefore ultimatly not going to lose weight. I think somewhere in my head I have to realize I am not on a diet, this is a lifestyle change.

Jenn
jenn_mullett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 09:34 PM   #73  

Thanks Sheri

I think we all get moments when we just feel like giving up!
Yes I have way too far to go back! **** i am 108 pounds from my highest, i would be nuts to willingly go back to that!
I just need to take it one day at a time! yesterday wasn't so good ! i had a family dinner! with 3 SIL's ... that is hard! but today i am back in the right mind set! re-analysing my goals, and still working towards them!
I need to lose the mindset of good and bad foods, and look more into having some in a smaller portion size. It is hard to break habits that come all the way from your childhood though!
I do tend to deny foods, as i know i have a problem stopping at one helping! I think a lot also depends on moods! When you are in the mood to give up you tend to want to forget all the things you have tried to re-learn! Must control my moods! LOL (mission impossible!)
I also need to lose the mindset that once i have had a bad day i am not instantly 280 pounds again! And one bad day does not have to lead to another and another.
I even notice in what clothes i wear, when i am feeling down, i tend to wear clothes that are plain, (what i used to call my fat clothes)! and that is silly! I need to snap out of that mindset!

Onward to my goals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thanks
sonja
icedragon6669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 10:10 PM   #74  
Losing for Life!

Jenn: I cannot feel guilt for something that is not wrong. To choose to eat an ounce of chocolate or a serving of cheetos is not a bad thing. I want to live a healthy lifestyle for the rest of my life I need to learn to have the occasional poor food choice without feeling bad about it.

When I first started in September I ate treats several times a week; sometimes several times a day. The more I have learned about how to build my new healthy body the less of those poor choices I make. That is not to say that I don’t still have an ounce or two of my favorite kettle chips or some very fine chocolate and I do eat my popcorn pretty much each and every week.

But knowing that I can have anything I want whenever I want has taken the “need” to have it away. Oh, I still think about a serving of fries when I smell them cooking at Wendy’s and most times I will choose not to have them. But when I do want them I make sure that it will work into my day.

I figure if I am going to eat fries then I need to add a couple of cups more vegetables to the day to balance things out. I once read somewhere that if you are eating without enjoyment you should not be eating. So I eat everything for enjoyment and I do not eat a single thing I do not like.

It is amazing how easy it is to make good choices when you are not denying yourself anything, it just seems to come naturally. I have stopped "living to eat" and now eat to live. I am not on a diet and I never will be on one again, living healthy and becoming healthy are my goals; fortunately weight loss happens to be a side effect of that.

Sonja: You have got it back under control!
Old 01-21-2006, 10:34 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 246

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheri~C
To choose to eat an ounce of chocolate or a serving of cheetos is not a bad thing. I want to live a healthy lifestyle for the rest of my life I need to learn to have the occasional poor food choice without feeling bad about it.
Excellent point Sheri. I am also indulging on occasion. I like the "bad foods" too much to give them up completely. Instead, I am teaching myself portion control. I don't want to spend the rest of my life never being able to have my favorite treat because it is not healthy. I want to lose weight to be happy with how I feel, and look, not miserable because all I can eat are celery and carrot sticks, and such.
yukimfat is offline   Reply With Quote