Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-18-2006, 04:23 PM   #16  
The Me I Wanna Be !

S/C/G: 212/200/180

Height: 5'2

i just read all the typos in my last post... i'm aware of them but i'm not gunna bother to fix it
Tayja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 06:44 PM   #17  

Hi, I bought mine at Best Buy, and they also have them at Circuit City.

Sweet_Pea, You are really nice too, I'm sorry if I came across a little choppy. Thinking of the dancing thing, has anybody tried the yoga booty ballet? I saw it on an infomercial, it could be hoaky or cool, ya just never know. I see that you post a lot here, and I've read a bunch of them. You have some really great stuff to say, and are super encouraging. Your a writer? ( I think I remember reading that somewhere) Very cool, but oh man that must mean that you can spell, and I havn't installed the spell check on this yet, and obviously I can't spell to save the pope. Oh well, as long as everyone can read phoneticly, we will be ok.

And the metal dance pads, are they super expensive? And can you wear your shoes on them? No shoes on the soft mats for sure, but on the metal ones, I would def. want some support.

Has anybody that does this a lot developed funny callosus on their feet? Oh I'm so gross, but on the sides of my feet I'm getting them, that will be embarasing in the pedicure shop. AAALLK. I guess I'll have to bring extra tword my tip. Oh, I'm sorry.

Anyways, you all have fun, and keep up the great work !
lindystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 07:36 PM   #18  

My son got DDR for xmas and I can't get enough of it! We have a daily date now on the dance pads before he goes to bed. He never knew his mom could move like that! "All the better to embarass you at your first school dance" I said to him!
susie_sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 07:41 PM   #19  
Paleo-ish Girl

S/C/G: 255.5/174/160

Height: 5'6"

You almost have to wear shoes on the harder ones. If you don't, you can get a bloody foot. Yuck. As far as price, they're $200, but last a whooolllleeee lot longer than the soft pads.
Altari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 07:44 PM   #20  
The Me I Wanna Be !

S/C/G: 212/200/180

Height: 5'2

Susie !! thats great !!

lindy, i dont think i ever used mine enough to develop funny allouses(sp) but i NEVER wear shoes anyway unless i absolutly have to so my feet are pretty calloused as it is, i probably wouldnt have noticed

but if you are getting them on the Sides, i would say you are most likely landing wrong on your steps rather then flat footed you are landing on the sides of your feet which is causing it

the next couple of times that you play try to rather then concintrate on the game pay attention to your foot work and see if that could be the case... it could just be a matter of adjusting how you are steping

and i cant spell with a dang either... so you're not alone
Tayja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 07:53 PM   #21  

We're just amatures and have the soft mats! I don't find them slippery and I love being bare feet! (I get to release my inner hippie)! Do the different versions of the game have different songs? I like the one we have because it has a mix of "old music" and modern stuff.
susie_sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 01:55 AM   #22  

Hi ,

Susie, I'm not sure, do you mean the diff. versions of game console or diff. versions of the game itself? You probobly meant like x-box or PS2, and that I'm not sure, although you can find out on the gaming sites. But yeah the 3 games for x-box all have different music. I love "Brick House" on DDR revolution, it makes me feel all cool and womanly and stuff. Oh, and if your a techno wiz, you can go online and download more songs onto your game console. They of course come ready to go with steps and everything, and I think its like 5 dollars for a pack of songs. I've never done it though, my computer is to old and dumb.

Tayja, cool name, I think the foot thing is because when I really get going fast, like on standard mode, I'm just flying around trying to get it right, and not concentrating. -Just like you said. But it's not severe or anything, and my feet and ankles don't hurt, so I guess it will be fine. Does your game have "workout mode" ? Mine does, you can enter your weight and it supposedly tallies up how many calories you burn while doing it. The calories burnes seem pretty high though, today I did 90 minutes and it said that I burned 680 calories. Can that be? I no its an estimate, but that seems awfully high.

Ok, well thank you all for the input, have fun dancing !!!!
lindystar is offline   Reply With Quote