Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-14-2006, 10:20 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 268(2003) 186/182/146

Height: 5'5"

I've used fitday too and still do when I bake to find out proper counts. Mostly I journal everything on paper. It makes me be honest with myself about what I'm eating. Hope you all have a good weekend!
getncontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 04:13 PM   #17  
iwillmakeit

S/C/G: 205/173/110

Height: 5'4

Just want it to check with everyone. I hope everyone is having great saturday. Its so nice out today here in NE. I went for my morning cardio and did hour long cardio. I am thinking about taking my son out for walk. I usually put him on his stroller and walk around the neighborhood about an hour or so. I usually workout at least an hour and a half everyday, but for this week I feel so run down. So, I am doing just hour long cardio a day, and some weights. Well, anyways,I hope everyone is doing wonderful.
tsots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 04:54 PM   #18  

Default Hopping Aboard for Daily Support

Hello there everyone. Today marks one week that I have been trying harder to be healthier. I don't have that much weight to lose, but the weight I have on me still makes me feel bad. I only lost one pound this week so I am a little mopey today. Feeling fat. My clothes won't fit well again until I lose another 4 pounds or so. UGH.

Currently, I am trying to eat five fruits and veggies a day. I am also entering my food into fitday every day, aiming for roughly 1600 calories a day, and hoping to burn off 200 through exercise.

I am not counting throughout the day though, I am just trying to eat reasonably and up my exercise from 3 walks a week. I don't want to do strict counting this time....it makes me rebel. I am hoping I can lose about a pound a week, to be back at a happy weight by early April.

Biggest food challenges lately- chocolate turtle chex mix and Stewart's Light Icc Cream Medieval Madness flavor

Yummiest healthy food lately - salad with spring lettuce, dried cranberries (1T) almonds 1T, slices of clementines, and Newman's light raspberry dressing. Yum.

ht 5'1
cw 129
gw 120
Michelle
teacher turned stay at home mom
michellechristine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 09:03 PM   #19  

Default welcome michelle!

Michelle~ Welcome!!! Today is a week for me too and i know that its slow going at first. Im a nanny which is as close as i can get to being a sahm! I know its not easy to always eat right when you spend half the day handing out graham crackers and goldfish! I think your plan sounds great to take it off slow to keep it off! Great job! I look forward to hearing more about it... you should be proud of that pound. Its one closer than last week and puts you closer to your goal! Congrats! kate
kate7583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 09:09 PM   #20  
iwillmakeit

Losing one pound a week means you're doing it right! I know that losing more than one would be great, but it probably not going to be all fat, and you don't want to lose your muscle. Before you know it you will be at your goal weight!!! Keep up the good work!!!
Kate, I know about handing out the Graham, and goldfish.. etc. I am stay at home mom, and my son is almost 2 years old. So, basically he munches on things throughout the day. He wants goldfish and then changes his mind and wants some graham. I really try hard to pick uneaten crackers and put it away, but unfortunetly often times it ends up in my mouth.
Old 01-14-2006, 11:17 PM   #21  

Default We Can Do It!!

I think it's great to have a little spot for daily support, cause I sure could use it on some days!!!
My stats:
SW: 179
CW: 172
GW: 145

"We can do it!!!"
Attached Images
File Type: png 172.png (1.4 KB, 5 views)
DeeJae37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 12:18 AM   #22  
iwillmakeit

DeeJae37
Old 01-15-2006, 07:45 AM   #23  

Default We need a name!

Good morning everyone!

I think we need a name. And do we need to move to another part of the forum or are we okay here?

I was so pumped at the beginning of the week and yesterday and today I just feel negative. I think it is the fact that it is almost TOM and so I am bloated and feel achey. Here's hoping that by tomorrow I feel pumped again.

goal for today - get through b-day luncheon for good friend (at diner type place) and eat as healthfully as possible

Kate I live in upstate NY. Queensbury.......near Lake George, Glens Falls, Saratoga. Ever heard of it?

Any ideas for a name?
Michelle
Old 01-15-2006, 10:59 AM   #24  

Default But whats the name?!

I think a name is a great idea. I had originally hoped someone would come up with one when i started the post because i didnt think i could. So post your ideas girls!
Michelle i have heard of saratoga... Hows the weather there this time of year? I think you already know what buffalo is like right now. Not exactly the best time to go out to exercise!

Well i havent eaten well the past two days. Ive stayed in my cals but its still not good food. So im just hovering. I hate that. The next two days im really buckling down and then getting back on my regular track. I hope everyone else is having a good day. THINK THINK THINK about a name!!!
kate7583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 07:05 AM   #25  

It is -5 this morning. Brrrrrr. It is cold like Bufflao, but we generally get less snow.

I am feeling less TOM symptoms today.....going to try and get back in the groove. Kids are home today but I am still hoping to squeeze in exercise.

I will try and think of a name.

Here's hoping everyone has a day full of positive, powerful thinking.
Michelle
Old 01-16-2006, 10:39 AM   #26  

Good morning ladies!! Sorry, I can't think of name. I've never been that creative. Had a good weekend, I went a little overboard on my free meal but no weight gain so that's good.
Old 01-16-2006, 11:50 AM   #27  
iwillmakeit

Good Morning Ladies!!! Its cold out here in Omaha too. It was so nice day, it was 62 degrees out. I took my son out for a walk, we walked around the neighborhood about hour and a half. This morning I went to the gym, and did my cardio for an hour. I have class tonight, so need to get ready for that. I'll think about some names too. Have a wonderful and healthy day ladies!!!
Old 01-16-2006, 09:15 PM   #28  

What an awful day today! I haven't had a hungry day like this since I weighed over 200lbs. I felt like I was starving all day. I managed to keep my calories in check though. Yay for will power!! How is everyone else doing?
Old 01-17-2006, 10:26 AM   #29  

Default Hi guys

Hi everyone,

I'm back. Hope all had a good weekend.

Here's to a good week.

Take care.

Lisa

hellokittyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 10:54 AM   #30  

Hi everyone I would love to join!!

Occ: Student